GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tippy Lynn, May 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

It's sad that riots across our nation have resulted in over two billion dollars in damages over George's murder.

YET the entire majority of the country of ALL RACES immediately came together to condemn what DC did to George. Also all police departments everywhere condemned it as well.

I just find that very ironic, and very sad as well for all the businesses that have been destroyed.

Jmho

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    lonetraveler, Alcina, NoSI and 9 others like this.

2. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-Known Member

Best outcome possible from every perspective. Diffused massive civil unrest in a nano second.

3. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

6 weeks PSI? What is that?

8 weeks sentencing...

SouthAussie and MadMcGoo like this.
  4. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

BBM
    Yes. He kept putting his hands together behind his back!

Marysmith likes this.
  5. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

Oh Morries Hall is doing interviews...he is down at courthouse...this guy is not too smart. He talks too much.

6. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

The person speaking made a good point that each case must be judged on its own merit and there's danger in lumping in either extreme. Each case is unique.

I'm glad justice was served in this unique case.

MsArk, SouthAussie, kimpage and 8 others like this.
  7. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall

I had a problem with the 98% O2 blood level. It was never explained by the State to my satisfaction. JMO

missy1974, NoSI, bluebird69 and 6 others like this.
  8. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I totally agree.

And you know what, go ahead an appeal. Fight it. I don't care. The right decision was made today - what DC did is unacceptable and he was found guilty.

jmo

9. lisaNYC

lisaNYC Well-Known Member

Who's throwing all that money up in the air?

Breathe, wasnt_me and oceanblueeyes like this.
  10. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

...with one word. Guilty.

11. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall

The other officers should try to get a plea deal after this verdict. JMO

misgrn, AC's Grandma, Breathe and 9 others like this.
  12. bluebird69

bluebird69 Well-Known Member

Nope

13. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm and Carry On.

I suspect there will be appeals.

I don't think the verdict will be overturned.

JMVHO.

14. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I agree. I’m sad. Not jubilant. Sad that we have to fight so hard for justice for black folk in this great nation of ours.

Was George Floyd an upstanding citizen? No. But he didn’t deserve the death penalty. His conduct wasn’t close to meriting what happened to him.

And the pipeline to prison that masquerades as public school in so many areas as well the inherent bias that leads to black people being pulled over more often, searched more often, arrested more often, charged more harshly, found guilty more often and sentenced more harshly than white people, for the very same conduct, leads to too many black people involved in the criminal justice system.

I remember an interview with a man who did 20 years for having pot in his car. He talked about how when it’s a white teen pulled over, the response is often to call their parents, let them off with a warning or even drive them home. (Firsthand experience- totally true). But a black kid? Such an event is life-changing. Too rarely are black people afforded the same chances.

I don’t celebrate today. A man was murdered due to a system as a whole that’s damaged. One we are all a part of.

I don’t believe cops are bad or more racist than anyone else. I think they’re part of a societal system that needs to be fixed.

They are a mirror for all Americans. Until we can all see ourselves I’m not sure how much change we can have.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  15. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

oh wow Morries Hall says he will carry the story ahead and write a book!!! He says he is going straight.

misgrn, AC's Grandma, Breathe and 7 others like this.
  16. Blondiexoxo

Blondiexoxo Studying Forensic Psychology BSc hons

The bystander footage is something that no reasonable human being could ever justify as anything less than murder.

They could try him 10 times over and that image of Chauvin knelt on George’s neck with the smug look on his face as George fights for his last breaths will always be the straw that broke the camels back.

DC could have had a defence team of 100 lawyers and still, that footage is something that could never be explained away as justified, NEVER.

TootsieFootsie, misgrn, kkdj and 23 others like this.
  17. jjs

jjs Waiting for justice...

This. All of this. ALL OF THIS

18. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

Well said.

misgrn, SouthAussie, gitana1 and 5 others like this.
  19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

That’s right. Justice was served. Utterly hopeless, despondent people aren’t likely to flood the streets in rage and pain.

20. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

@deenafaywinter

From the pool reporter: Philonise Floyd was in the courtroom, he sat with his head bowed and his hands folded in front of his face, perhaps in prayer.
    "You could hear a pin drop if the courtroom wasn’t carpeted." pool reporter said

After the verdict was read & Chauvin was handcuffed and taken into custody, Philonise Floyd hugged Blackwell, Ellison and the other prosecutor. Ellison and Blackwell heartily shook hands.
    From the other pool reporter: At 3:55pm, Chauvin’s attorney tried talking to him, but he was "in a daze," staring towards the empty jury seating area. He snapped out of it after a few seconds and listened. Chauvin then turned his chair and looked back several seconds to Philonise

Philonise was still praying. Pool reporter said "I have not caught them looking at each other at the same time, but the two men are aware of each other’s presence and have stared at the other at times."

"As the first guilty verdict was read, his hands began shaking while clasped. The became shakier during the second reading. And during the third reading, his hands were shaking back and forth with his head down and eyes closed as his head nodded up and down." - pool reporter

Downstairs in the lobby, the pool reporter asked Philonise Floyd what he was praying for in court and he said, "I was just praying they would find him guilty. As an African American, we usually never get justice."

"There was no noticeable reaction from the jury. Whereas during trial they each had their own idiosyncrasies, they remained still and quiet staring at the judge until they were called upon by the judge," per today's pool reporter
    @joshscampbell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.