GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tippy Lynn, May 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhozwen

Rhozwen Well-Known Member

I purposely stay off of social media so that I don't have to read hateful comments. I respectfully ask that it not be posted here.

2. branmuffin

branmuffin On Time Out

Do American police forces do psychological testing when looking for recruits?

ACE422, al66pine, Hazelnutty and 7 others like this.
  3. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Well-Known Member

IMO - it's not for him, but for those who loved him, for those who live on. It's for those who need to be reminded of what happened.

4. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

I agree. When I was younger, it was unheard of for a cop to go searching through your car for a traffic infraction.
    Now, it seems like everyone in Los Angeles is handcuffed and made to sit on the curb while police rummage through their vehicle from the videos I've watched.
    Cops seem to always ask people for their ID when confronted, and check for warrants like everyone is a criminal.
    I was stopped twice and searched. Once in Tx and once in Tenn. both times I never received a citation. They were just on a fishing trip. Both times using the same exact excuse that I went over the center line and they were stopping me to make sure I wasn't falling asleep.

misgrn, ZoriahNZ, al66pine and 15 others like this.
  5. jjs

jjs Waiting for justice...

I absolutely agree. Tau and Keung even should be taken to account. But Lane wanted to do the right thing and was overruled by his FTO.

EvaBell65, turaj, al66pine and 4 others like this.
  6. Ruthbullock

Ruthbullock Well-Known Member

If it was a sacrifice, personally i think many in authority will believe it’s been brushed under the carpet ( one bad egg and all that) and they can carry on as before

al66pine, NoSI, MTW2011 and 4 others like this.
  7. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters says: “I’m not celebrating, I’m relieved.”

South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, the chamber’s only Black Republican, says he is thankful for a verdict that shows “our justice system continues to become more just.” But GOP Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst says, “I guess I’m in agreement” with the jury’s decision.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California is expressing thanks to Floyd “for sacrificing your life for justice.” Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York says Congress must keep working on legislation “to bring meaningful change” to police departments.

Georgia Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock says he hopes the verdict will let “people who have seen this trauma over and over again” know the nation’s laws can give them equal protection. Warnock is pastor of the Atlanta church once led by the Rev. Martin Luther King.

Former President Barack Obama says the conviction of ex-police officer Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd was correct but only one step in the fight for justice.

He says in a statement that true justice requires Americans to understand that “Black Americans are being treated differently every day” and that millions live in fear that their next encounter with law enforcement could be their last.

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris will deliver remarks Tuesday evening after the conviction of ex-police officer Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd.

Biden, Harris and first lady Jill Biden called members of the Floyd family moments after the verdict, according to video posted by family attorney Ben Crump.

Biden told the family, “Nothing is going to make it all better, but at least now there is some justice.”

He added, “We’re all so relieved.”
    The Latest: Lawmakers react to guilty verdict in Floyd case – KSNF/KODE – FourStatesHomepage.com

8. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Where sunbeams shine

I hope that Darnella one day understands how much she did for George, and for others. By bravely standing there in the face of the police officers and filming what they were doing she brought hundreds of thousands of people all over the world out into the streets.

Those people not only wanted justice for George (and this will be George's legacy, too) they also want things to change in their own countries. For all people to be treated equally, not persecuted, fairness for all.

9. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

I hope you are wrong. I'm so tired of politicians/officials saying all the right things but doing nothing to change it, especially the life long one's. JMO

misgrn, RANCH, al66pine and 7 others like this.
  10. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

"Scapegoat" implies he didn't deserve it and is being punished for all. However, that evil, dead stare as he killed George, looking all the while as if he was enjoying himself and getting off on it, leads me to believe he absolutely deserves his punishment and is not a scapegoat.

11. SBops

SBops Well-Known Member

I am quite disappointed that people are calling Chauvin a scapegoat. He is guilty of kneeling on a man even after his death, then showed complete disrespect for the man he had just killed by dragging him up by the handcuffs and slamming him down, while the EMT was trying to work on him. He is no scapegoat. He is a man guilty of murder.

12. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

Here’s the original statement from the police department.
    upload_2021-4-20_18-41-39.jpeg
    https://www.minneapolismn.gov/media...-Public-Information-Report-GO-2020-140629.pdf

misgrn, EvaBell65, LeeAnnB and 7 others like this.
  13. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

TootsieFootsie, al66pine, jjs and 7 others like this.
  14. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

No this is not a game. Maybe it's my culture showing but I'll take a cause for celebration and go for it.....while still understanding that life is hard and there is work to do. I don't require perfection to pause and celebrate, to catch my breath, hug my family, and smile.

jmo

15. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Derek Chauvin found guilty of murder in the death of George Floyd

upload_2021-4-20_18-42-10.png
    Derek Chauvin and George Floyd

upload_2021-4-20_18-42-39.png
    Chauvin as the verdict is being read.

upload_2021-4-20_18-43-10.png
    Derek Chauvin is handcuffed to be led away on Tuesday after a jury found him guilty of all charges.
    [​IMG]

upload_2021-4-20_18-43-29.png
    A person in front of Hennepin County Government Center in Minneapolis reacts after the verdict was read.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    misgrn, ACE422, LadyL and 11 others like this.
  16. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

All of that!
    Every single word.

misgrn, al66pine, branmuffin and 15 others like this.
  17. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Live coverage continuing / George Floyd’s family delivers statement
    Coming up: President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris to speak

misgrn, ACE422, ZoriahNZ and 5 others like this.
  18. Blondiexoxo

Blondiexoxo Studying Forensic Psychology BSc hons

I am so glad that the Floyd family and the team who have supported them are having the opportunity to speak right now. It’s so very powerful to hear their words and they deserve this time.

misgrn, margarita25, ACE422 and 9 others like this.
  19. Poppyflower

Poppyflower Well-Known Member

I'm curious if some of the Chauvin supporters watched the trial and the entire video that Darnella Frazier recorded. If after watching both, you still support Chauvin that is scary and sad. I truly think people who support him after have some kind of personality disorder. Watching that for a neurotypical human stirs discomfort, empathy, sadness, and many more feelings.

It isn't ok to be ok with watching a man being slowly killed for 9 minutes.

20. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

I am with you, 100,000%. If he had been acquitted, many would say that the jury followed the facts but today it seems like it is important to imply that it was pressure or emotions. I watched the trial. I saw the evidence--all of it. I agree with the verdict because the killer was heartless, continued to kneel on him like a bear does on its prey--not changing his position even when asked. Never rendered help. Used a non-authorized hold. And, when he heard he had no pulse, his face looked as blank as it did today-- stone, cold. Guilty, I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.