MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #14 - Chauvin Trial Day 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
On court TV they just talked about how captivated the jury was when Floyd's brother was on the stand, and one juror got very emotional. Maybe it was a good decision after all.

I think it was a good decision. George is about to get dragged down by the defense, as they try to pin his death on anything but positional asphyxiation - and a knee on his neck.

A reminder that George was loved, liked, and did good things is well placed right now. imo

<modsnip: No link to quoted material>

In my opinion, Nelson has only created doubt if we were to buy into his hypotheticals, which we cannot.
I sincerely respect your opinion. And, at this moment, I think that DC is guilty of a crime. I haven't yet decided on which charge I'd convict if I were a juror. And, my opinion is still subject to change. I will not make any final decision until after I've heard Defense's case, and, perhaps more importantly, the Judge's Charge, or instructions to the jury.

Last edited by a moderator:
After Day 11 of the trial, I'm swaying towards Second-degree manslaughter or Third-degree murder. However, it's not over yet and I may change my mind.

Second-degree manslaughter
The person's culpable negligence when the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another. Manslaughter in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than ten years or to payment of a fine of not more than $20,000, or both.

Third-degree murder under Minn. Stat. § 609.195(a).

Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

jmo

I can’t imagine what Nelson could bring forth in his case in chief that would dramatically change the facts that have been laid out by the state. I mean.....these are damning facts! I can’t imagine what justification he could present that is objectively reasonable! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998