MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #6 - Chauvin Trial Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Happy!

I'm trying to think back, and drawing a blank at the moment.

Had there already been other unrest in other cities across the nation where LE officers were attacked/assaulted by a crowd before George was killed by DC? Tia!

The reason I'm asking is the defense may use that as an reason why the officers that day were worried about being attacked.

Imo, it won't ever work, but if other LE elsewhere had already been assaulted by other crowds that had gathered the defense may go this route to bolster that theory saying no one knows what will happen when people start gathering around them.

That has to be the defense theory since they brought it up. Imo

Jmho
Morning @oceanblueeyes! I don’t know if there had been any other incidents with crowds, but I agree this type of defense theory sounds like what they’re going for. Just seems like an uphill battle b/c so far they’ve just shown some concerned citizens, not an aggressive, violent crowd.

I'm not necessarily asserting the accuracy of the statement but I'd be amazed if the defence doesn't raise it - JMO. Well based on the quality of their cross thus far perhaps I will be amazed.

If what your saying is the case for this witness though, then the state should have prepped the witness properly to bring appropriate glasses.... JMO

ETA as some are misunderstanding my comment. Appropriate glasses for short sighted vs long-sighted use...

Due to very few years of formal schooling, it is possible that the problem is reading the map rather than eyesight - street name printed, name of store printed on the visual.

He may not have been willing to take a chance and make an error.

That was my point about the glasses for short-sighted vs long-sighted!

I've edited my comment to clarify.

Moving on thanks.
Sorry, I misunderstood and thought the first question the defense asked him was about his vision! I guess I need to catch up and actually watch the trial.

No cross for McMillan. Makes sense! He didn’t really say anything damaging to defense. In fact he confirmed that GF was not complying etc.

CNN talking heads pointing out that Chauvin's manner when speaking with Mr. McMillan was basically so calm and cool, probably considered unusual demeanor after an incident of this nature.

Morning @oceanblueeyes! I don’t know if there had been any other incidents with crowds, but I agree this type of defense theory sounds like what they’re going for. Just seems like an uphill battle b/c so far they’ve just shown some concerned citizens, not an aggressive, violent crowd.

Thank you for your reply, Happy!

Yes, I do think that's what they are going to say whether it works or not.

NTSY!

Jmho

CNN talking heads pointing out that Chauvin's manner when speaking with Mr. McMillan was basically so calm and cool, probably considered unusual demeanor after an incident of this nature.

Yes!! I thought the same! So calm and “oh well just another day at the office.” The other officers had the same demeanor from what I saw in the body cam video that was released prior.

As stated: Chauvin relaxed, calm cool while causing Floyd's death. I suppose these is no chance Chauvin was given drug testing after the killing of Floyd?..... imo only.

Didn't he say he had spoken with Chavin a few days prior to George dying? I may have heard it wrong though, Silly Billy.

But if so, I wonder if DC was often seen in this neighborhood, and was known to those who lived there? Officers who patrol a certain area are usually known to those who live or work there.

Jmho

@cathyrusson
·
17m
#DerekChauvinTrial - NEW BODY CAM FOOTAGE: McMillian is telling Chauvin he didn't need to put foot/knee on the neck. Chauvin says, "That's one person's opinion. Gotta control this guy because he's a sizable guy. Looks like he's on something."
@LawCrimeNetwork

The way DC is talking to Mr. McMillian at the scene is like he knows him from the neighborhood.

Jmho

Didn't he say he had spoken with Chavin a few days prior to George dying? I may have heard it wrong though, Silly Billy.

But if so, I wonder if DC was often seen in this neighborhood, and was known to those who lived there? Officers who patrol a certain area are usually known to those who live or work there.

Jmho

Yes, he said that he saw him 5 days earlier and wished him well and be safe (paraphrasing) and to get home to family. He also said he knew him previously from the neighborhood.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member