MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #6 - Chauvin Trial Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that just doesn't sound right. I doubt it's even legal to make employees pay. For a manager to make those kids go out and "deal" with the situation themselves was just wrong. I thought that's what managers were there for.
they were supposed to call the owner...policy was not followed at all that day.

@cathyrusson
1h
#DerekChauvinTrial - In this video Belfrey took, you can see initial interaction with police and #GeorgeFloyd
@LawCrimeNetwork
- Belfrey's video continues - Kueng stands Floyd up. Lane comes over. Belfrey says he stopped recording because the officer kept looking at him

Lunch break until 1:15 CT/2:15 ET.

Law&Crime's
@BuckEsq
has been the pool reporter inside the courtroom today. He reports that the "ill" juror this morning said it was anxiety-related. She said she hadn't slept since 2am, trial is taking a toll on her.
·
34m
Just 2! Many legal experts have been worried about only 2 alternates. The juror did tell the judge she thinks she's be fine going forward. Her seat was moved to be closer to the door in case she needs to leave.

·
28m
#DerekChauvinTrial - After about a 25-30 min break, the trial resumed. The juror said she thinks she'll be fine going forward
Cathy Russon Retweeted
Paul Blume
@PaulBlume_FOX9

·
2m

Colleague
@Sarah_Danik
heard from *Cup Foods* in response to testimony of former store clerk Christopher Martin: "It is NOT Cup Foods protocol to send employees outside. It was because we had a good enough relationship with (Floyd) & we felt he didn't know it was counterfeit(1/2)

We are now live back from lunch... State calls Ch*rles Mcmill*an, 61 year old that state probed from him his level in schooling (very low.. so low I'm doubting what I heard, perhaps someone else did). He drove by, then pulled over and got out and he followed officers getting GF out of truck etc.

Last edited:
Yes, and that was after he told them he was scared, had anxiety, asked for help, told them he couldn't breathe, fell down, and said he was claustrophobic. I think I would have had a panick attack myself if I was sitting in my car and suddenly an officer stuck a gun in my face. I think that terrified him from the start.
<bbm>

IIRC, when officers were getting George out of the car he told them he had been shot before.

Some new information was brought out today for me:

— GF took a multitude of pills;
— GF was passed out in vehicle;
— GF was acting as-if he was on drugs in the store (aka “high”, per witness);
— DC (or his partner) were the ones who upgraded to a “code 3”;
— response team was terribly slow
— clerk “CM” did not call police on the counterfeit (manager did, “CM” offered to compensate);
— current witness didn’t make it past fourth grade [paraphrased]

They didn’t call 911 on that guy because he recognized the counterfeit bill right away and didn’t accept it.

I think that is why the witness, Martin, is saying that if he hadn’t taken the bill this could have been avoided. He recognized immediately that it was fake. He thought he would just put it on his tab but then had second thoughts about that.

I hope Martin is getting the support he needs because what happened isn’t his fault in any way. MOO

Live Updates: Clerk who took fake bill describes "disbelief and guilt" over George Floyd's death

Martin described taking a counterfeit $20 bill from Floyd despite knowing it was a fake, as prosecutors played surveillance video from inside the store which hasn't previously been seen. Martin said he took the bill because he recognized Floyd's friend as the same person who tried to pass him another counterfeit bill earlier in the day. He believed the bill Floyd passed him may have been the same one, and that Floyd may not have known it was a fake.

(snip)

"If I would have just not taken the bill, this could have been avoided," Martin testified.
Didn't the guy in the red and white outfit get the bill from Floyd in the first place? The one later thrown on the ground was a different one so there must have been more than one.

Anyway, the US treasury advises that employees do not return counterfeit money to the person that passed it, so he did the right thing. They also advise never to put yourself in danger. The manager should have acted more responsibly.

Some new information was brought out today for me:

— GF took a multitude of pills;
— GF was passed out in vehicle;
— GF was acting as-if he was on drugs in the store (aka “high”, per witness);
— DC (or his partner) were the ones who upgraded to a “code 3”;
— response team was terribly slow
— clerk “CM” did not call police on the counterfeit (manager did, “CM” offered to compensate);
— current witness didn’t make it past fourth grade [paraphrased]

"took a multitude of pills"... talking about autopsy reports shared, gotcha!

Guy on stand now is the one we say in the screen shot of the 7 onlookers. (black shirt with white square of something on front) He's the one yelling get into the car as you can't win.

He is shown walking up to squad car in front of Cup foods at 8:17:49 pm. He is the first and ONLY bystander at 8:17:49. (I'll put this into timeline for later)

8.17pmcharlesmcinfrontofcup..JPG

Hmmm, so 4 of the 7 were minors.
4 +
this guy is 61 years old,
+ MMA guy,
+3 coworkers at the end.

This so far is "THE MOB"? Did I miss one?

bystanders.JPG

This has the video of him being shoved in the rear seatwell.

Last edited:
Erin Eldridge questions McMillian for the State.

McMillian describes seeing the former officers bringing Floyd over to the squad outside of Cup Foods.

Eldridge, "Was he still handcuffed at that point?"

McMillian, "Yes Ma'am"

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1377328439842246664?s=21

We're seeing surveillance/body camera video now which shows McMillian, wearing black shirt, talking to Floyd as officers tried to get him in the vehicle.

McMillain can be heard telling Floyd "You can't win".

He explains to Eldridge, "Because I have had interactions with officers myself and I understand ... you can't win."

McMillian says he had encountered Chauvin about five days prior, recognized him as an officer in the community.

@cathyrusson
·
9m
#DerekChauvinTrial - McMillian says he saw police walk a handcuffed #GeorgeFloyd down the sidewalk.
·
7m
#DerekChauvinTrial - McMillian heard #GeorgeFloyd say something but isn't sure what, then police let Floyd sit down on the sidewalk. They then got him back up and continued walking him down the sidewalk.
#DerekChauvinTrial - McMillian walking up to the scene. He said he pulled over "...I'm a nosey person." :)
·
5m
#DerekChauvinTrial - McMillian is the man you can hear on bystander video telling Floyd to get in the car, "you can't win!"

"took a multitude of pills"... talking about autopsy reports shared, gotcha!

Guy on stand now is the one we say in the screen shot of the 7 onlookers. He's the one yelling get into the car as you can't win.

Hmmm, so 4 of the 7 were minors, this guy is 61 years old, + MMA guy, +3 coworkers at the end. This so far is "THE MOB"? Did I miss one?

I’m not sure what you’re referring to. However, it wasn’t known to me when GF took pills; turns out it was in the parking lot/area of where the scene later took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater