MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a source for this? It just seems odd. I know a lot of small business owners- mainly immigrants. I cant see any of them agreeing that their businesses needed to burned and looted as a form of protest.

In short, this smells like propaganda.
I don't think they are saying their businesses needed to be burned down as a form of protest.

They are acknowledging that a human life and a call for change by the protestors is more important than property damage or costs to their businesses.

Imo

I don't think they are saying their businesses needed to be burned down as a form of protest.

They are acknowledging that a human life and a call for change by the protestors is more important than property damage or costs to their businesses.

Imo
Here is the quote from the other poster: "Minority owned businesses who burned down or were looted last night are coming out in support today of the actions".

Again, it sounds like propaganda to me.

Do these minority business owners know their insurance doesnt cover riots?

Not necessarily true.

https://mn.gov/commerce/industries/insurance/businesses/property-ins.jsp

From the link:

"There are three types of property insurance plans:

• Basic form, which includes losses resulting from a fire, lightning, windstorm, hail and explosion, plus the cost of removing property to protect it from further damage.
  • Broad form, which includes basic plus extended coverage for other types of perils, such as a roof collapse (e.g. caused by snow or ice), riot and civil commotion, etc.
  • Special form, which includes basic and broad, and covers all direct physical losses except conditions specifically excluded as listed in the policy."

Thank you for the info. I must have read it wrong because you say its 'businesses' when I only saw one minority owner state this.

Do you know how many other business owners also said this, and which minority businesses did they own that's been destroyed?

Do these minority business owners know their insurance doesnt cover riots?

TIA!

jmho
It's possible that many business owners both support the protests and are upset that their businesses have been looted. I think there is a difference between protesters and looters. The majority of people protesting are likely not destroying businesses, stealing, and burning down buildings.

Seems like BS to me wrt intent, but probably the best call to make sure of a conviction.

Third-Degree Murder
Third-degree murder falls between manslaughter and third-degree murder charges. This murder is not based on having the intent to kill. Third-degree murder is often charged as a depraved heart or mind crime. This charge can arise when a person fires a gun in a crowd without intending to kill anyone, for example. Murder is charged when a person is killed and the defendant has an indifference to the sanctity of human life. This charge may also result if a person sells bad drugs. The maximum penalty for murder is up to 25 years in prison. If the death resulted because of a Schedule I or II drug sale, a fine of up to $40,000 may result.
https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/murder-charges-in-minnesota-43141

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609.185

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member