MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Tippy Lynn, May 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

2. DD8

DD8 Lost is not alone

3. Medstudies

Medstudies Mostly lurking

Medical examiner concludes George Floyd didn't die of asphyxia

...”Medical Examiner's office is pending but so far has found "no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation."

Floyd's underlying health conditions included coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The report says the underlying health conditions, combined with Chauvin's restraint and any possible intoxicants...”

let’s see if this is used to exonerate the killer. -:rolleyes:

MOO- Yea I think the lengthy time spent in that position with the forceful compression, triggered the cascading events that directly led to his death.

And I feel fairly confident in saying he’d be alive and well had they simply cited him or called an ambulance the minute he said he was having trouble breathing and was claustrophobic... again just MOO.

Really wish Elon Musk would invent the do-over button

4. DD8

DD8 Lost is not alone

@Dre have things quieted down?

5. RaspberryMama

RaspberryMama Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I live in a second tier Minneapolis suburb to the north. Anoka County. Minneapolis has a set curfew for tonight and the current chatter is that the riots will be heading our way. Every business nearby is closed and boarded up. It's really surreal seeing all of this.

We are also under curfew orders... The order came out about half an hour ago. So one more hour and then we'll see how the night goes. Prayers are appreciated. ❤ I feel like our police are ready. Lots of hunters in my particular neighborhood, so I know homes have firearms. Let's hope and pray it doesn't get ugly.

6. Cappuccino

Cappuccino Well-Known Member

Stay safe. :(

7. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

8. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

9. stephlovescheese

stephlovescheese Well-Known Member

Me too. We have a scheduled protest in our city tomorrow. I feel like by sitting idly by, I’m not supporting the cause. However, I also fear by getting actively involved I’m welcoming violence and/or getting arrested.

10. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

White House briefly locked down as unrest spreads to Atlanta, DC, NYC after George Floyd death

The White House is under lock down Friday night, as protests over George Floyd’s death are spreading nationwide and have reached the U.S. capital.

Fox News and other members of the press were immediately moved inside as the White House went into lockdown. A dozen reporters are still inside the West Wing.

Floyd, a black man from Minneapolis died in police custody this week after a white officer pinned him down by pressing his knee into the back of Floyd’s neck.

11. Shadow205

Shadow205 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

12. Medstudies

Medstudies Mostly lurking

Same here. I may have to grab my zabuton cushions, make a standing sign and try to protest silently beside others in solidarity?

ETA: there are (at this time) peaceful protests Downtown Indianapolis at Monument Circle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  13. kaen

14. kaen

15. Tbone144

Tbone144 Well-Known Member

My neighbor is a sheriff and mounted officer. I am sitting in my backyard watching them get everything together to respond as mounted patrol in Houston. This isn’t a routine call out otherwise they would have the horses bathed and cleaned up. I’m praying for him, his sweet little mare, the peaceful protesters and the city of Houston tonight.

16. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

that must be bizarre and terrifying for you
    check in with us when you're able

17. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

if I hear about any horses or other animals getting hurt, I will lose my mind

18. DropthePuck

DropthePuck Well-Known Member

Same. I wish they'd leave the horses in their stables and patrol in cars. It seems to easy for protesters to get out of hand and climb the horses to get to the cops or harm the horses.

Marg from Oz, LadyL, La Louve and 9 others like this.
  19. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

I know you are scared. Growing up I experienced several riots in my town. Really scary when my Uncles showed up with guns to help my dad protect our business.

We all piled in mom and dads big bed and prayed. The sirens all night and the darkness were the worse part. Hold tight to your loved ones.

Will pray for your safety and peace for all.

20. EstrellaEspectral

EstrellaEspectral Well-Known Member

Curfew has started and there’s still a large crowd marching. They are saying police don’t have plans to enforce curfew.

I’m watching a Facebook livestream from someone at the march. The videographer said he spoke to the police about their plans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.