MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone but me seeing all these people gathering
and thinking the virus is still out there and some
of these people are going to get real sick and spread the virus to others

I am! I mean we are still basically limiting all contact unless running errands and then we are in face masks and practicing social distancing. I was going to even ask if some states were all good now with the virus as I’ve been avoiding the news.

In Columbus Ohio they're throwing stuff at the Belgians.

Thank you for your post, dear @Tillicum! Awful to hear this is happening.

Message for our @Tricia:

At times like these, the button needs to be "thanks" instead of "like".

Is it possible to change the wording to "thanks"? It would be greatly appreciated! (I hesitate to press "like" when there is awful news. "Thanks" would be more appropriate, if it's possible to change it.)

Last edited:
I’m wondering if there shouldn’t be a separate thread for the rioting and what not and keep this one specific to GF case. I know it’s related but I think the rioting will continue along with the news from it and it seems like GF case might get overshadowed. Thoughts?

I’m wondering if there shouldn’t be a separate thread for the rioting and what not and keep this one specific to GF case. I know it’s related but I think the rioting will continue along with the news from it and it seems like GF case might get overshadowed. Thoughts?

This is an excellent idea!

<modsnip>

His arrest does not fix the broken system. It’s just a small piece. These are people that fear for their lives on a daily basis. I will hold compassion for them and listen to their pain. I will fight for them. I hope more white people will join me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@esmemurphy

Kellie Chauvin is divorcing her husband Derek Chauvin because of his role in the George Floyd case

Kellie Chauvin, Through her attorney wife of former Officer Derek Chauvin the former Minneapolis Police Officer charged with murdering George Floyd released a statement saying she is devastated by Floyd’s death, sends condolences to his family and is divorcing her husband.
upload_2020-5-29_23-25-21.jpeg

WATCH: Woman in Wheelchair Grabs Knife to Block Target Looters | Heavy.com

In one of the videos, the woman is sprayed with a fire extinguisher, and a voice can be heard saying, “Jennifer, is that enough?” and “Jennifer, is there anything I can do for you, please?” — but she held her ground.

Another video showed Jennifer, who was wearing a shirt that read, “Better Together,” getting violently beaten on the head by a looter at Target. Afterward, Jennifer said that she was “peacefully protesting” and “trying to block the way, so they couldn’t leave with cartfuls of stuff.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth