MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the photo makes my physically ill. I'd say put him in stocks and let the masses drown him in tomatoes, but we need the tomatoes more than we really need revenge. He should have been fired off the force years ago, which makes it a problem bigger than just his own actions.

May the family of George Floyd and all the residents of Minneapolis get proper justice.

Just the photo makes my physically ill. I'd say put him in stocks and let the masses drown him in tomatoes, but we need the tomatoes more than we really need revenge. He should have been fired off the force years ago, which makes it a problem bigger than just his own actions.

May the family of George Floyd and all the residents of Minneapolis get proper justice.

It's systemic across America. Death by tomatoes at the stocks? That's a new one, I think.

Four officers involved in the incident were fired. I hope, but don't expect, that there will be charges against them for this man's death. In what world is an agonizing and humiliating death an appropriate punishment for forgery or even for public intoxication?

"Squads were called to the 3700 block of Chicago Avenue South shortly after 8 p.m. on reports of a forgery in progress. According to a press release from Minneapolis Police, they were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a vehicle and appeared to be under the influence. Police arrived and found the man, described as being in his 40s, inside his car. He was told to get out of his car by the officers, and proceeded to physically resist them, according to the police press release."

Mayor: 4 Minneapolis police officers involved in death of George Floyd terminated

Four officers involved in the incident were fired. I hope, but don't expect, that there will be charges against them for this man's death. In what world is an agonizing and humiliating death an appropriate punishment for forgery or even for public intoxication?

"Squads were called to the 3700 block of Chicago Avenue South shortly after 8 p.m. on reports of a forgery in progress. According to a press release from Minneapolis Police, they were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a vehicle and appeared to be under the influence. Police arrived and found the man, described as being in his 40s, inside his car. He was told to get out of his car by the officers, and proceeded to physically resist them, according to the police press release."

Mayor: 4 Minneapolis police officers involved in death of George Floyd terminated
I’m thankful bystanders were able to capture LE’s actions and the 4 officers were fired.

There will complete and justifiable outrage if charges against the officers aren’t filed.

Prayers to GF’s family and friends!

I am so outraged. What are the facts and timeline in this case?
- why was he not put in the patrol car?
- what were the cops waiting on?
- why was the ambulance called (presuming it was called before Mr. Floyd became unresponsive)?
- why the hell can't 4 cops put 1 man in a patrol car?

When Chauvin put his knee on his neck, he likely cut off his carotid artery. For five minutes. I can't imagine that is police protocol anywhere.

This is absolutely sickening. I can't even watch the video, I saw a similar one here in the UK many years ago and the memory of it still affects me now.

Prayers for George and his family.

I can't watch it either. The pic alone is enough. Then all the bystanders, telling the cops to let him up. WTF with those cops.

Last edited:
The cop with his knee on Floyd's neck? He's going to be charged with murder IMO. The video is hard enough to watch when you see Floyd saying multiple times he can't breathe, and then going limp while the cop continues to kneel on his neck. But the look of superiority and satisfaction on the cops face is too much while he's doing it (take note of it if you can stomach watching the video) And then he pulls out his mace and points it at the crowd who's begging him to stop (in the video I watched---not sure if it's the same one posted here).

Time to arrest that cop and charge him with murder. And his partner who stood there and did nothing will be be charged as being an accessory. IMO

It doesn't get anymore clear cut than this.

RIP George Floyd.

I just saw this--it's enraging. Is this the same police force that trained Mohamed Noor?
I don't know, but the look of triumphalism on that officer's face as he's kneeling on the man's neck tells me that he shouldn't have been in any police force with any training at all.

Some people should never be allowed to join the police, nothing worse than a sadist in uniform.

The cop with his knee on Floyd's neck? He's going to be charged with murder IMO. The video is hard enough to watch when you see Floyd saying multiple times he can't breathe, and then going limp while the cop continues to kneel on his neck. But the look of superiority and satisfaction on the cops face is too much while he's doing it (take note of it if you can stomach watching the video) And then he pulls out his mace and points it at the crowd who's begging him to stop (in the video I watched---not sure if it's the same one posted here).

Time to arrest that cop and charge him with murder. And his partner who stood there and did nothing will be be charged as being an accessory. IMO

It doesn't get anymore clear cut than this.

RIP George Floyd.

He needs to be charged with murder and the other 3 officers who did nothing to help GF need to be charged as well.

It doesn't get any worse than this.

The MPD needs a complete overhaul of their entire police department. Enough is enough!!!!

I don't know, but the look of triumphalism on that officer's face as he's kneeling on the man's neck tells me that he shouldn't have been in any police force with any training at all.

Some people should never be allowed to join the police, nothing worse than a sadist in uniform.
I know!!! Right? It's like he's saying to the crowd 'You don't think I can do this? Watch me. I'll do it as long as I want because I can, and there's nothing you can do about it'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth