GUILTY MN - Heidi Firkus, 25, fatally shot, St. Paul, 25 Apr 2010 *husband arrested 2021*

seriously how hasnt this guy been charged yet? do the police need a slide rule to figure this out? or maybe lawsuits when they drag some black guy down to the station and try to railroad him?

I have been a daily Websleuths "lurker" for years (since Kelcy Smith's murder/abduction... then on to Caylee, Hayleigh, Kyron, etc). I know.. it took me long enough. This case has me "irked" enough that after years I just had to join and make sure this case doesn't go cold. :( No arrest has been made and it kills me because I am an aquaintance of one of the husband's siblings and every time they post a generic, every day life post online, I am reminded that Heidi has not received justice for what was done to her. The husband is still a free man and nothing seems to be happening with the case after he lawyered up. (even though he was in foreclosure, his parents have a bit of money, so now they are making sure that he stays out of prison :sick: ) I feel like Heidi is being forgotten. Even though I have lurked here for years, I have never started a thread. Can someone please help me figure out how to start a thread for Heidi Firkus? This case can NOT fall through the cracks! Thanks!

I have been a daily Websleuths "lurker" for years (since Kelcy Smith's murder/abduction... then on to Caylee, Hayleigh, Kyron, etc). I know.. it took me long enough. This case has me "irked" enough that after years I just had to join and make sure this case doesn't go cold. :( No arrest has been made and it kills me because I am an aquaintance of one of the husband's siblings and every time they post a generic, every day life post online, I am reminded that Heidi has not received justice for what was done to her. The husband is still a free man and nothing seems to be happening with the case after he lawyered up. (even though he was in foreclosure, his parents have a bit of money, so now they are making sure that he stays out of prison :sick: ) I feel like Heidi is being forgotten. Even though I have lurked here for years, I have never started a thread. Can someone please help me figure out how to start a thread for Heidi Firkus? This case can NOT fall through the cracks! Thanks!

Welcome!!!! This IS Heidi's thread, truly. I don't recall seeing it before. Probably was thinking - "Oh jeez, here we go again!"

IMO, they will get him. These idiots ALWAYS think they're smarter than everyone else. Luckily, nothing could be further from the truth!

No arrests. They are still searching for this "strange intruder" that her husband was able to get sketched out- once he conveniently remembered what the intruder looked like after he retained counsel. :banghead:

No arrests. They are still searching for this "strange intruder" that her husband was able to get sketched out- once he conveniently remembered what the intruder looked like after he retained counsel. :banghead:

My guess is, LE is not "looking" for anyone. Just waiting for the evidence against the husband to come back.

Hi there JusticeForHeide....we're glad you're here with us. I do remember reading this a while ago. The whole "story" is infuriating and I agree with Fairy...his days as a free man are numbered and it's just a matter of time. This is such a sadly common occurrence anymore......

OMG - did you see the composite sketch? Something between a male/female. I've never seen anything like it. Why isn't the husband behind bars?

MOO

Mel

OMG - did you see the composite sketch? Something between a male/female. I've never seen anything like it. Why isn't the husband behind bars?

MOO

Mel

You are so right! If this weren't so tragic it would almost be laughable. This whole story is so lame.....what a jerk.

Thank you all for bumping this story.

JusticeForHeidi, can you confirm the rumors that Nick and Heidi met in youth group and were high school sweethearts? I have to say that my thoughts keep leading me back to the Mark Hacking case. If Heidi had no idea they were about to be evicted, IMO it's likely there was much more going with Nick behind the scenes.

I hope you find justice for your friend. While we wait, I think you'll find there's no better place to find support than here at WS. :)

I didn't know them during that time. I can only say that I have HEARD that they were high school sweethearts/met in church.. so that is, I suppose, hearsay. I am also sickened that it seems that Heidi didn't even see it coming at all. :( I pray that she had no clue who shot her in those final moments if it was him. How painful would that have be? To realize that the man you loved and trusted, that you thought you knew, had suddenly decided to take your life. There was NO indication that she knew about the eviction AT ALL. If he DID do it (you never know, there could be a homicidal Oompa Loompa on the loose as per his sketch), it may be the most cowardly way of getting out of being exposed in a lie I have EVER heard of. The husband was raised in a well-to-do family and was used to living well. I can only assume that he kept living the same way (well above his means) and then got overwhelmed at the debt/tried to ignore it until it all exploded that horrible night when he realized that there was no way to continue the lie. He COULD have told Heidi about the eviction/foreclosure. He COULD have asked his parents for financial help. But no, I see him panicking. Heidi would have found out that next day. Heidi might have left him or (god forbid) told the world about his lying and financial woes. The lies would have been exposed and people wouldn't have viewed him in the same light they previously had. UGH! :furious:

All of this is, of course, my opinion.

Here's hoping the police are working behind the scenes...
It's just too obvious when one spouse is barely hurt and the other dead...sorry. And then to later find out there is either an affair or money issues...not good.
Women do it too...Brenda Andrew had her boyfriend shoot her husband (dead) in the garage and shoot her in her upper arm...
Both are on death row.

Sorry ya'll - can't find any pics of Heidi alone. What a beauty!

Can't understand what's taking sooooooooo long to lock up his dumb-*advertiser censored**! It's been 6 months. Idiot.

Apparently he suddenly remembered that it was a black guy
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=851031

:snooty:

Golly-Gee!! Another "original" story from a murderer? It disgusts me when people do that... It just always seems to be "blame the big scary black man." Doesn't he know that the "big, scary black man" would have had his OWN gun to shoot them with?

Thankfully people did learn from the horrendous accusations made by Susan Smith and (I forgot the guys name) the man who shot his pregnant wife and then himself before going into "lynch mob" mode.

I really hope that he is arrested soon and Heidi will get the justice she deserves. She was a beautiful woman and didn't deserve this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back