MN MN - Hermantown, WhtMale UP10270, 30-50, osteoarthritis, walked with limp, Apr'76

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by ctaylor, May 10, 2012.

1. ctaylor

ctaylor Active Member

I could not find a thread on this John Doe, and nothing at all on NAMUS or Doe Network. If anyone can track anything on those sites, please post the links. I thought I would create a thread in case anyone can find a link....

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/231138/

Some further reading -

http://fox21online.com/content/new-details-1976-skeletal-remains

Some further details on the stats/measurements of this man...

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com...n-John-Doe-Case-Gets-New-Life--150854885.html

2. Loading...

3. ginestra

ginestra Active Member

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38237&page=2 George Hawkins, has the limp, dentures, right time frame.

George Hawkins
    Missing since April 3, 1961 from Newport, Campbell County, Kentucky.
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Vital Statistics
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 46 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 190 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. He wore dark-rimmed glasses.
    Marks, Scars: Had a childhood injury/illness that left him with one leg an inch shorter than the other. He wore one built-up shoe to compensate for the difference in the length of his leg bones.
    Clothing: Dark blue trousers, with red-and-black flannel shirt under a dark blue jacket with yellow lining and a blue-gray hat.
    Jewelry: Yellow-gold masonic ring with emblem, and yellow-gold watch with leather band.
    Dentals: Full upper and lower dentures

4. deca

deca New Member

Wow, good find!

5. ginestra

ginestra Active Member

I went ahead and sent this info to hermantown police dept, via email, perhaps I will hear back. It does seem like alot of info matches up, although there is a bit of distance. I am wondering if the property he was found is tied to the banker, mob people, etc......

6. ctaylor

ctaylor Active Member

ginestra, well done on sending this info in on the connection you made. It might not be a match but it is definitely a possible match given the similarities.

7. ShyViolet

ShyViolet New Member

I am new and primarily a lurker. I was checking in because I am curious if there are any updates. I saw this story on my local news, so I was especially interested when I came across this thread. That was quite a find,ginestra!

About the property, I am not sure if it helps, but LE announced during a press conference that the house had only been built approx 5 years before the remains were found. Prior to that, the area was sparsely populated and heavily wooded. Not that it means that land could never have been owned by anyone prior to its development.

I hope they can find his identity. It would be something if this guy turned out to be the match and it sure sounds plausible.

8. ginestra

ginestra Active Member

I talked to the grandaughter via Pm, she said they were in contact with Hermantown police, and hermantown police also emailed me back and said they were checking into it, but that there was no male relatives to compare dna to. That is the last I heard. Maybe she will update us, I do have a feeling these things take awhile sometimes.

9. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

10. ctaylor

ctaylor Active Member

New article to say an update is due tomorrow on this case, with a facial reconstruction....

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/news/local/Update-Expected-on-1976--210998521.html

11. ShyViolet

ShyViolet New Member

12. ginestra

ginestra Active Member

Do you think he looks like George Hawkins? I thought something about lips/mouth area were similar.