MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Sasquatch, let's discuss Jared's statements and how SOME OF HIS STATEMENTS CHANGED ON JOY'S SITE compared to his first statements. First I'd like to congratulate Dan on combining his brilliance with his morbid impulses.

Dan's footprints and smell were all over his farm. Scent dogs couldn't follow Dan's footprints (sloughed skin cells) or alert on him showing he was "at the scene". All Dan needed to do was get Jacob inside a car, cedar chest, or etc… where his sloughed skin cells wouldn't fall to the ground and get Jared inside his barn/garage/house where the scents dogs weren't invited.

Below is an article on how tracking dogs can walk around marijuana fields, catch the scent of the grower from only his/her footprints, and then track the grower back to his house. Tracking dogs could have followed the scent of Jacob's abductor like this, but Dan's scent was all over his property and back and forth to his mailbox.
http://www.uspcak9.com/training/ruraltracking.html

(No, I DON"T think Jared lied and invented his molestation/rape story.)

Who saw the boys and who was determined it was only them coming over the second hill when he abducted them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI

We stand united as one, we're on your trail, we're heading your way, we are the world!
bbm
This is someone who saw the boys pass his property without an adult chaperone. He knew their parents weren't home because he saw the parents driving away from their home. He knew the spot was isolated and there was extremely little traffic because he lived there.

Nobody has ever abducted a preteen when he was with a group of other individuals. It's too risky. The other individuals might not follow instructions to run into the woods. The other boys might begin to loudly shout for help or run to the nearest house (which was Dan's) for help. Adults at the closest property might be in the barn/garage/house/fields and run to help. The person who took Jacob must have been extremely certain that nobody on the closest property would help these boys if they didn't follow his instructions. This person had to be Dan.

bbm
This is someone who saw the boys pass his property without an adult chaperone. He knew their parents weren't home because he saw the parents driving away from their home. He knew the spot was isolated and there was extremely little traffic because he lived there.

Nobody has ever abducted a preteen when he was with a group of other individuals. It's too risky. The other individuals might not follow instructions to run into the woods. The other boys might begin to loudly shout for help or run to the nearest house (which was Dan's) for help. Adults at the closest property might be in the barn/garage/house/fields and run to help. The person who took Jacob must have been extremely certain that nobody on the closest property would help these boys if they didn't follow his instructions. This person had to be Dan.

It's hardly likely adults would be in the fields when it's dark. Have you checked out the location? There's nothing close, i.e. barn, garage, or house, except the Rassier's. The perp told them to run. Think location. If he was standing in the drive, it's not likely the boys would pass behind him to run to the Rassier's house. Most likely, they would run home, which they did.

And the perp knows where the kid's home is and where everyone is because............

It's hardly likely adults would be in the fields when it's dark. Have you checked out the location? There's nothing close, i.e. barn, garage, or house, except the Rassier's. The perp told them to run. Think location. If he was standing in the drive, it's not likely the boys would pass behind him to run to the Rassier's house. Most likely, they would run home, which they did.

Well, that's not totally accurate because Schreifel's home was just to the right (North) of the woods the boys ran into. But I agree, that their first instinct would be to run home.

However, this indicates, IMO, that the perp also knew the only place they had to run was home - which solidifies the abductor being local.

Well, that's not totally accurate because Schreifel's home was just to the right (North) of the woods the boys ran into. But I agree, that their first instinct would be to run home.

However, this indicates, IMO, that the perp also knew the only place they had to run was home - which solidifies the abductor being local.

The abduction is said to have happened at about 9 15 pm. How dark is it at this time on October 22? Can a stranger drive into that area between the times of 8 30pm and 9 15 pm and even see anything more then 20 feet? He knew ditch, he knew woods, he knew they weren't going behind him.

Sunday Oct 22 1989

Dawn Breaks- 6:04 A.M.
Rises- 7:43 A.M.
Sets- 6:18 P.M.
Dark Descends- 7:57 P.M.

http://www.almanac.com/sun/rise/zipcode/56303/1989-10-22

The abduction is said to have happened at about 9 15 pm. How dark is it at this time on October 22? Can a stranger drive into that area between the times of 8 30pm and 9 15 pm and even see anything more then 20 feet? He knew ditch, he knew woods, he knew they weren't going behind him.

Sunday Oct 22 1989

Dawn Breaks- 6:04 A.M.
Rises- 7:43 A.M.
Sets- 6:18 P.M.
Dark Descends- 7:57 P.M.

http://www.almanac.com/sun/rise/zipcode/56303/1989-10-22

I don't disagree. I guess I am stuck on the fact that abductors in most cases don't commit the crime on their own property. It's just too close to home and draws way too much attention unless the victim is transported away directly after the abduction so as to not leave any evidence.

I feel there is a fair degree of circumstantial evidence that the abductor is local or had local assistance.

Did the perp not halt the boys right in the middle of the road? Where are those footprints? I don't believe that road was paved in 1989.

I disagree with an abductor needing to be local. A perp could canvas an area hundreds of times to familiarize and layout their plan. Perhaps the perp was in home construction which puts that individual in a certain location for months at a time?

I think Tracker makes an excellent and obvious point. Who would be dumb enough to commit this type of crime at the end of their own driveway?

That thought process has been tracked pretty heavily on the board with a myriad of opinions. I think it's lunacy to think DR would be brazen enough to pull something like that off where others think it's totally plausible.

However the ultimate trump card is the lack of a perps footprints and the presence of Jacob's footprints running concurrently with automotive tracks. And most important of all is Jacob's last footprint, which has been documented here countless times, and is the catalyst of proof that he stepped up into a vehicle and not onto the back of the perp or into a chest. All accusing DR of abducting Jacob lack the proof that DR lifted Jacob somehow and carried him off. The location of Jacob's last prints on the driveway solidify that he could not have been abducted by someone on foot, but rather coerced into climbing into a vehicle from a perp who was likely walking in the weeds alongside the road threatening with a gun. How else could one explain the compression of Jacob's footprint w/o a noticeable accompanying print from the perp lifting a 75lb person? Has anyone attempted to lift a person weighing 75lbs w/o standing right next to them to lift? I challenge anyone on here to extend their arms out and attempt to lift a 75lb boy straight off the ground w/o either standing right above him or exactly next to him.

I think Tracker makes an excellent and obvious point. Who would be dumb enough to commit this type of crime at the end of their own driveway?

I don't disagree. I guess I am stuck on the fact that abductors in most cases don't commit the crime on their own property. It's just too close to home and draws way too much attention unless the victim is transported away directly after the abduction so as to not leave any evidence.

I feel there is a fair degree of circumstantial evidence that the abductor is local or had local assistance.

DR had a limited window of opportunity with his parents away in Europe. His own driveway most likely would not have been DR's first choice for an abduction location. jmo

Someone who has never been left home alone in their life. I'm speculating that this is the case with DR, that this was most likely one of the only expanded periods of times he had ever been totally alone. I believe it had psychotic effects on him and he became someone that you would have never expected. People cause mischief in times like this, like prank calling people, ordering pizzas they can't pay for, ringing the doorbell of a neighbors house and taking off running before they answer. Pulling off an abduction/murder may be extreme but I believe that's what a 34 year old kid in a state of psychosis could be capable of.

Someone who has never been left home alone in their life. I'm speculating that this is the case with DR, that this was most likely one of the only expanded periods of times he had ever been totally alone. I believe it had psychotic effects on him and he became someone that you would have never expected. People cause mischief in times like this, like prank calling people, ordering pizzas they can't pay for, ringing the doorbell of a neighbors house and taking off running before they answer. Pulling off an abduction/murder may be extreme but I believe that's what a 34 year old kid with in a state of psychosis could be capable of.

We have no idea how much DR was left alone. His parents were in Europe so it seems as if they may be travelers.

I cannot imagine the scenario of someone doing crazy things because they were suddenly alone. Perhaps DR did just what he did every single day - make lesson plans for school and/or run. He was not a child, prone to ringing a door bell, making prank calls or ordering pizza.

We have no idea how much DR was left alone. His parents were in Europe so it seems as if they may be travelers.

I cannot imagine the scenario of someone doing crazy things because they were suddenly alone. Perhaps DR did just what he did every single day - make lesson plans for school and/or run. He was not a child, prone to ringing a door bell, making prank calls or ordering pizza.

How can we explain the abductor threatening to shoot into the pitch black of night? That's not a realistic statement, it's psychotic, it's a pitch to make sure they keep running and don't stop, and why? Not because he doesn't want them to see the vehicle they could have already seen, but to make sure they keep running because if they did stop and look back, they would never see Jacob leaving.

Did the perp not halt the boys right in the middle of the road? Where are those footprints? I don't believe that road was paved in 1989.

I feel it was not paved either. But who remembers. Not me.

The perp was by the ditch, I feel, not in the middle of the road.

I disagree with an abductor needing to be local. A perp could canvas an area hundreds of times to familiarize and layout their plan. Perhaps the perp was in home construction which puts that individual in a certain location for months at a time?

That would imply someone has a google map like mind as the perp could in NO WAY know that he had to memorize that spot in case some kids came down the road one night

If he was in home construction than he would have seen the kids around. Who knows how many different kids a perp is stalking at a singular time. It just may be that the perp had multiple kids he was patrolling for and it just so happened an opportunity arose.

That would imply someone has a google map like mind as the perp could in NO WAY know that he had to memorize that spot in case some kids came down the road one night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998