MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE can, and they've never reported or announced that prints were procured.

No one can say for sure he wasn't picked up and brought to a part of the property or picked up and put in a car.

This keeps getting repeated over and over though no one posts statistical evidence to back it up?

Please start from the begining of this and you will see the names of people that have been idenified. Some have been removed by WS but there are probably references to them on the hundreds of threads.

Another good place to loook is behindthepinecurtsin. There is a ton of documentation on there. It does not include only priests.

You will have to choose what you want to believe.

<modsnip>

The only person that knows 3 boys are coming back over that hill alone is the person who also lives on this side of the hill and saw them leaving originally. A stranger from Tom Thumb could not possibly wait here with no vision if they are coming back this way. Imo.

Can someone provide the link of the story that talks about DR getting permission to retrieve some papers during the last search? I'm unable to find it and would like to make a point.

Is there statistical proof? Because a bunch of references to some pedophiles does nothing to corroborate that this area has more confirmed pedophiles than any other location with a similar population density.

Please start from the begining of this and you will see the names of people that have been idenified. Some have been removed by WS but there are probably references to them on the hundreds of threads.

Another good place to loook is behindthepinecurtsin. There is a ton of documentation on there. It does not include only priests.

You will have to choose what you want to believe.

Thanks. We know that the first search warrant that day did not deal with the house, it was only for the rest of the property until they discovered the cadaverine on the chest in the garage. Did DR get permission to get back into the house before the second warrant to search the house was issued? What I'm getting at is if DR was able to get back into his house before they were able to, then he most likely did remove something that could have convicted him.

Is there statistical proof? Because a bunch of references to some pedophiles does nothing to corroborate that this area has more confirmed pedophiles than any other location with a similar population density.

What difference does it make if there are more pedophiles in that area compared to any place on the planet?

There are lots to choose from in the area.

For many of us, it is enough information that shows that there were so many.

Perhaps for those of us with lesser skills, you could help us by showing areas where there are more pedophiles. However, I do not know why it would make a bit of difference if you found there were more pedophiles in an area of Minnesota by the Canadian border for instance.

If you would be so kind, could you please explain why it is important to know statistically that there are more pedophiles elsewhere?

The only photo you could provide that would corroborate your opinion would be one from the Rassier home looking towards the road. Unless of course you're under the belief that DR was waiting at the end of his driveway for the happenstance opportunity that kids would be biking by at 9:15 on a Sunday evening.....

The interesting thing about that photograph.... Sitting at that spot for any length of time would arouse the interest of residents and LE...unless you were a local. A strange vehicle sitting for anything more than a short time should have drawn attention. It also gives limited options for escape should things go wrong.

The only photo you could provide that would corroborate your opinion would be one from the Rassier home looking towards the road. Unless of course you're under the belief that DR was waiting at the end of his driveway for the happenstance opportunity that kids would be biking by at 9:15 on a Sunday evening.....

It was a beautiful evening. Why couldn't he be outside for any number of reasons?

It was unseasonably warm. Maybe he wanted to get in a nice run. Maybe he was out for a walk.

I remember that day because I went for a hike enjoying the incredible weather .

He is an athlete, Even though I am not, I walk after dinner every single day except for thunder storms. And when I can, I walk in the morning as well as after lunch. But always after dinner

What makes you think that Jacob is not alive to tell his story? There have been other kidnap victims who came home many many years later - we have nothing suggest whether he is alive or not! So I'm wondering, what makes you think that Jacob did not survive?

Deleted a post here because it was a question as to why member FindTim didn't think that DR did JW - I re-read the post i was replying to and realized FindTim stated DR did not take JARED.
Ergo, my error, post deleted. Thanks.

Dan Rassier is an elementary school music and band teacher and has worked full-time for the Rocori school district since 1978. Superintendent Scott Staska said there are no disciplinary actions or complaints in his file. …

Rassier has been interviewed by investigators several times about the disappearance and has said he submitted to DNA sampling and other tests.

Rassier has told the Times he is innocent.

When asked Tuesday if Rassier is still considered a person of interest, Sanner said,“this doesn’t change anything.” …

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-latest-news/

<modsnip>

The only person that knows 3 boys are coming back over that hill alone is the person who also lives on this side of the hill and saw them leaving originally. A stranger from Tom Thumb could not possibly wait here with no vision if they are coming back this way. Imo.

I couldn't agree more Sasquatch. Not only saw them leaving but was able to see them closely enough on their way by to know that they were all kids...and since no vehicles passed them on the way back it helps prove this because if a person didn't see them on the way they would have no idea in the pitch black night that one of the three wasn't an adult or parent riding with them...because if there were I don't believe the person would've went thru with the abduction. The person knew exactly who was coming back down the road with their bobbing flashlights.

I'm going to second this - Paul Bernardo was seemingly a regular guy as was his wife Karla. His wife worked in a vet clinic for crying out loud and seemed quite normal by all accounts. Even now, she lives in the caribbean with a husband and a son of her own under a new name -- no one there would guess of her prior crimes against their victims!! The appearance of normal doesn't assure us that someone isn't a monster!

There is some very interesting "tidbits" posted on joy's new blog entry. However, I found myself a little geographically confused and was hoping for some clarification on these geographic concerns.
Joy states that at the time of the abduction there was another boy who lived on 91st. She states that on many occasions this boy took the same route to the tom thumb as jacob, and on one occasion the boy took a left on Baker street to head back home on 91st and was followed all the way home by a Pontiac 6000. She states that the Pontiac followed the boy all the way to his driveway and proceeded to park in the across the steer neighbors driveway with headlights on for 2 minutes, watching the boy as he entered his home. Later on in the blog joy states that boys property line butted up against the woods adjacent to delwin ballroom (which is on the northern part of 91st ave).
Taking all these geographic hints provided by Joy into consideration and using google maps as a visual aid, it would appear that the boy must have lived along the northern section of 91st avenue. However, the only property I see on google maps which somewhat butts against the woods adjacent to the delwin is the rassier farmstead. In fact, I dont see any properties along 91st other than the rassier farmstead, unless she is talking about the property on 295th street, which is a long way to the south of the delwin. Furthermore, I dont see any properties along 91st with a driveway directly across the street from a home. I conclude by stating that though the tidbits of info on joys blog are interesting, they do not follow any geographic logic.

Makes me wonder if our perp covered his own tracks somehow? Were any other prints found that were Jacob's or just the one they think was where he dug in? If not, then it makes me wonder what happened to the rest of ALL those prints!?

Makes me wonder if our perp covered his own tracks somehow? Were any other prints found that were Jacob's or just the one they think was where he dug in? If not, then it makes me wonder what happened to the rest of ALL those prints!?

The pics / videos that we are all privy too regarding the tracks add confusion to the case but LE has much more detailed info on all the tracks...abductors included...which is why they are now able to focus on a local person on foot.

There is some very interesting "tidbits" posted on joy's new blog entry. However, I found myself a little geographically confused and was hoping for some clarification on these geographic concerns.
Joy states that at the time of the abduction there was another boy who lived on 91st. She states that on many occasions this boy took the same route to the tom thumb as jacob, and on one occasion the boy took a left on Baker street to head back home on 91st and was followed all the way home by a Pontiac 6000. She states that the Pontiac followed the boy all the way to his driveway and proceeded to park in the across the steer neighbors driveway with headlights on for 2 minutes, watching the boy as he entered his home. Later on in the blog joy states that boys property line butted up against the woods adjacent to delwin ballroom (which is on the northern part of 91st ave).
Taking all these geographic hints provided by Joy into consideration and using google maps as a visual aid, it would appear that the boy must have lived along the northern section of 91st avenue. However, the only property I see on google maps which somewhat butts against the woods adjacent to the delwin is the rassier farmstead. In fact, I dont see any properties along 91st other than the rassier farmstead, unless she is talking about the property on 295th street, which is a long way to the south of the delwin. Furthermore, I dont see any properties along 91st with a driveway directly across the street from a home. I conclude by stating that though the tidbits of info on joys blog are interesting, they do not follow any geographic logic.

I just started reading her recent post and I haven't gotten to the part you are referring to, but I have to take issue with this:

<snip> First, there has been some debate over whether the police had their sirens on when they first responded to the call. I received a message from one commenter who said he was working that night at a business right on Minnesota Street, which is the main drag through St. Joseph. He was sweeping the parking lot outside, when he suddenly saw one cop car after another exit off I-94 and speed past him, headed toward the Tom Thumb. He recalls it vividly&#8230; police/troopers speeding through town at 80-100 MPH, lights on, but no sirens.<snip>

There is and never was any business on Minnesota Street where you would have a view of cars coming off I-94! And why in the world would the St. Joe cops be on the interstate?! There is no credibility to this whatsoever, IMO

There were several casts taken of various footprints made by Steve Mund, they are shown in this photo:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/sh...fd-4bdd-a181-9fb30b8cd9ad.jpg.html?sort=4&o=5

IMO, LE probably does have other footprints than Jacob's, but they are under no obligation to reveal who they may belong to (If they know) or how many there were. LE often has LOTS of info they do not release to MSM, so as not to jeopardize the investigation.

Investigators have admitted the scene may have been compromised because searchers were out until 3 am the night of the abduction searching for Jacob, and they were originally looking for a car that had left the area with Jacob because DR told them he had seen a small car turn around in his driveway shortly before the abduction. They did make casts the next morning (Monday) but as trackergd has seen in photos, there were horse hooves and other assorted tracks in the driveway by then. They do appear to have that one clear print of Jacob's shoe though, and that has been released.

(Just a side note, also, if you click on "reply with quote", instead of just "reply" - it's easier to tell what post you are commenting on.) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288