MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Hollinger

1989 Brought in for questioning by SCSO re assault of Jared in Cold Spring

At jail, Hollinger reportedly said he had “done something terrible”
At jail, Hollinger was reportedly considered a possible suicide threat by two jailers
At jail, Hollinger reportedly asked for a priest

Why was he jailed? Why did they suspect him?

I think his family turned him in because of the released sketch. But their fear was derailed, causing permanent family damage, and damage to this person, which continues today.

If he had any connection to St. John's Abby, he could have been "protected", and his crimes covered up. He may have been the perp who assaulted Jared. As far as Jacob's case, I don't think so, IMO. I think that was more than a one man job, and I still think LK and the Bahners did it. BTW....LK's Facebook page was removed....just this week. Hmmm.....Is he reading WS?

I felt a very uncomfortable vibe when I saw photos of Hollinger! He's definitely guilty of something! "Call a priest". If he's calling one from the Abby, it would likely just be another pedophile.

Since we have been talking about LK for a couple of years now on here since he was discovered, I am not sure there is any connection

Really? Why?

don't they want this crime solved?

I continue to give the example of Sher's friends who lived right by the W family who gave LE the key to search whatever they want when the family was not home.

How do you explain the difference? Age? Really?

They were going to dig in the fire pit? Ooh. Don't mess that up!

And look in the house?

Unless it is a lot different, there was an interview with the father on video. Was it about the historical farm designation? I do not recall.

But the house interior was shown and it was really neat with not a lot of stuff.

So no hoarder's issues except maybe for the son's room

What about every other house in the neighborhood that was only searched once? To be fair, we should talk about how many "all" the houses were searched. One time across the board from everyone I know.

One of the problems with the content of the Stearns Truth Tapes (note, this is not a commentary on the producer of the tapes, only the characters in the tapes) is that there are many inconsistencies throughout. One of the brothers says a knife was used (when we know it was a gun, or looked like a gun), and gives different accounts of where the knife was allegedly kept in the vehicle. Another account says that the tires were squealing when the driver took off with Jacob (like in the movies, you know, when tires squeal on dirt driveways).

The elder brother was 24 at the time of Jacob's abduction, and he did in fact live in a foster home in St. Joseph until he turned 18. He lived near Kay's kitchen. The younger of the 2 brothers was 17 at the time of the abduction. In the tapes, the elder brother gives several versions of where he was at the time of Jacob's abduction, but he consistently says the younger brother was involved in the abduction. Being deceptive might make one consider that the elder brother may have been the guilty one? Except that he was 6' tall and weighed no more than 150 lbs at the time. Doesn't really fit the description of Jacob's perp, and certainly does not fit the description of Jared's.

Sexual assaults run deep in that family. Interestingly, the father of the brothers was in jail beginning in February 1986, just before the Paynesville 5 incidents, and was released to a limited supervised hold just after the 5th of the incidents in May 1987. That takes him out of the cesspool of candidates for the Paynesville 5, but maybe someone missed him while he was away?

What about every other house in the neighborhood that was only searched once? To be fair, we should talk about how many "all" the houses were searched. One time across the board from everyone I know.

I have always wondered how LE could not have searched the Rassier property that first night. Maybe they did, and we just don't know about it? After all, DR did go to bed after awhile - how would he know if they searched after he was asleep? I just cannot fathom that they would not have searched, especially given how they went door to door for many square miles. Just doesn't add up, good upstanding family or not.

I'm curious why you think DR lying on camera is no biggie?

Does it occur to you maybe he doesn't know? I wouldn't have a clue today or when I lived with my parents what they had in their closet/dresser drawers. Women have their own dictionary when it comes to the names of all the...stuff that they wear. Basic 4 is good enough for me.

I have always wondered how LE could not have searched the Rassier property that first night. Maybe they did, and we just don't know about it? After all, DR did go to bed after awhile - how would he know if they searched after he was asleep? I just cannot fathom that they would not have searched, especially given how they went door to door for many square miles. Just doesn't add up, good upstanding family or not.

They did walk through our house at 2 am. We were up, lights on, watching and wondering what was going on. ELOC, have you ever been able to confirm that Hollinger missed his AA meeting on January 13th? If true, the comment "It's ok to talk about it" was a little guilt or whatever you wanna call it for missing his meeting being that's what they say at "recovery" meetings as such, I think.

One of the problems with the content of the Stearns Truth Tapes (note, this is not a commentary on the producer of the tapes, only the characters in the tapes) is that there are many inconsistencies throughout. One of the brothers says a knife was used (when we know it was a gun, or looked like a gun), and gives different accounts of where the knife was allegedly kept in the vehicle. Another account says that the tires were squealing when the driver took off with Jacob (like in the movies, you know, when tires squeal on dirt driveways).

The elder brother was 24 at the time of Jacob's abduction, and he did in fact live in a foster home in St. Joseph until he turned 18. He lived near Kay's kitchen. The younger of the 2 brothers was 17 at the time of the abduction. In the tapes, the elder brother gives several versions of where he was at the time of Jacob's abduction, but he consistently says the younger brother was involved in the abduction. Being deceptive might make one consider that the elder brother may have been the guilty one? Except that he was 6' tall and weighed no more than 150 lbs at the time. Doesn't really fit the description of Jacob's perp, and certainly does not fit the description of Jared's.

Sexual assaults run deep in that family. Interestingly, the father of the brothers was in jail beginning in February 1986, just before the Paynesville 5 incidents, and was released to a limited supervised hold just after the 5th of the incidents in May 1987. That takes him out of the cesspool of candidates for the Paynesville 5, but maybe someone missed him while he was away?

Any connection ever made between RB Jr. and Kevin. Did the time that either spent living near Kay's kitchen happen to overlap. If it did, being 3 years apart in St. Joe at the time.....they knew each other.

Really? Why?

don't they want this crime solved?

I continue to give the example of Sher's friends who lived right by the W family who gave LE the key to search whatever they want when the family was not home.

How do you explain the difference? Age? Really?

They were going to dig in the fire pit? Ooh. Don't mess that up!

And look in the house?

Unless it is a lot different, there was an interview with the father on video. Was it about the historical farm designation? I do not recall.

But the house interior was shown and it was really neat with not a lot of stuff.

So no hoarder's issues except maybe for the son's room

I believe the reason our friends' house was searched more was because they lived right on Kiwi Court. I imagine all those homes got extra scrutiny.

How about BB? Does anyone have a location for the apartment she had at the time? I've asked a few around town about the Bahner's, nobody seems familiar, but I'll try some others.

Maybe where you lived which was quite a ways away. Not so for the close neighbors. I think as a child you may have been out of the loop of many of the adults. Most adults don't confide and discuss issues with random children, I feel

How about BB? Does anyone have a location for the apartment she had at the time? I've asked a few around town about the Bahner's, nobody seems familiar, but I'll try some others.

I read somewhere that she lived in apartments near the "swamp" that later became Klinefelter Park, if that helps. So near the party spot in the woods on the west side of 19th also. Can't recall where I saw that, in an article or comments online? Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member