MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information brought over from the Gosch site. David Shurter is the fellow who made the "Walking tour of Omaha," video, and who believes his father had a hand in Jacob's disappearance due to some Minnesota/ Lake cabin connection:This blog (found by keephopealive) backs up Noreen's claim of a child sex ring. The author believes his father kidnapped Johnny G, Jacob W and another boy who went missing from the same lake his MN family cabin was on.
http://www.davidshurter.com

Did any of you see the pictures on the website http://www.davidshurter.com? The one of his father? There is a portrait of his dad, a sketch of his dad(?) and a composite of a person seen staring at people at Tom Thumb the night of the abduction....

If you saw the pics compared to the composite, did you think it was at all a possible match??

The sketch does seem vaguely similar, but the whole story from this guy seems outlandish and implausible to me anyway....

The sketch on the left side is from a different abduction case, not Jacobs. And I don't really see any resemblance of this guys father to the tom thumb sketch on the right.

The sketch on the left side is from a different abduction case, not Jacobs. And I don't really see any resemblance of this guys father to the tom thumb sketch on the right.

I wondered about that sketch -- It looked so vaguely familiar but I couldn't remember from where! Now that you mention this, I think you're right - that this is the composite from another abduction case.

Re: Shurter, anything is plausible, but I would tend to believe him more if he had concrete proof- a shirt, him remembering Jacob, a shoe, proof that his dad was in St Joseph's on the day of the abduction, etc. For now, we can't really believe what he says until he has more proof.

The sketch looked familiar to me too, so I did some digging and it is a sketch of the man who was seen with Charles "Chuckie" Mauk 3 years earlier. Chuckie was shot in the back of the head and killed.

From what I've read, there is zero proof of anything between Shurter's father and Jacob.

Circumstantial rmusings and disjointed ramblings are not proof. I read over his website HOPING for proof, but found nothing.

I still would like concrete proof from Shurter why he is accusing his father of this kidnapping. I found some of the stories on his blog so outlandish that they could not possibly be true, but then I found someone else who claims that she is a victim of the same MKUltra or whatever the "project" was that supposedly abused children, created child *advertiser censored*, killed people, etc. I still would like to see concrete proof of this MKUltra theory also (scars? pictures? etc) This kind of backs up Shurter on this one abuse position, but not on the Jacob theory.

http://peace4missing.ning.com/profiles/blog/list?user=0vocx0fsdba21

I have trouble taking any of these "survivors" seriously. They buy into too many other conspiracy theories on their blogs. (JMO)
http://unbounded.org/bluebird-artichoke-mkultra/

I do think this Shurter guy has dissociative or multiple personality disorder, and has false memories which he may actually believe to be true. I agree that none of this has anything to do with Jacob.
http://www.wanttoknow.info/bluebird10pg

I sent the link to the David Shurter page to a friend of ours who is a psychiatrist. Here (below) is what he had to say about David Shurter:

"This guy may have been ritually sexually abused, but he is very likely to be a schizophrenic. It has never been determined why schizophrenics very frequently have paranoid delusions directed at the government or religious delusions, but they do. His blog is full of both, but I only copied a few of the government persecution delusions. Here are just a few:

'The United States Truth and Reconciliation Coalition was formed by Kathleen Sullivan in order to bring public awareness to problems of ritual abuse, torture, human trafficking, and other government sponsored forms of mind control' DING DING DING DING

'President George Bush is responsible for Omaha ritualistic sexual abuse ring.' DING DING DING DING

'I believe that my family was connected with people who were conducting experiments concerning torture and abuse out of a local airforce base here, called Offutt.' DING DING DING DING

'There are a few points I would like to make to all of you- just so we understand where I am coming from concerning this whole movement to bring forth the victims that have experienced ritual abuse- and most especially those whose abuse was at the government’s hands' DING DING DING DING

'Under the guise of a secret CIA program called MKULtra DING DING DING DING I have grown to understand that this was behind much of the satanic activity DING DING DING DING that was taking place'

Of course it is unknown if everything he stated actually occurred to him, but I seriously doubt the CIA and George Bush were directing his abuse. Realize that religious overtones and religious delusions are very, very frequent with schizophrenics in addition to their “the government is watching me or hurt me” delusions. The poor guy is either having brief psychotic episodes or his schizo symptoms are mild at this age (they will get much worse if untreated). Because his symptoms are mild, he is able to write appropriately oriented thoughts related to some things without nonsensical rambling and continuous religious and government persecution delusions. Maybe it is not occurring now, but his later pages are more freaky than his first pages. Is this his schizophrenia progressing? I don't know, but it will be if he doesn't get help.

The best thing to do when you find someone that you suspect may be delevopiing schizophrenia is to encourage them to see a doc. Schizophrenia becomes IRREVERSIBLY worse when left untreated with antipsychotics. Teens that are treated will have a much better prognosis than adults that started treatment in their late 20s. Early treated teens will go through remissions in their schizophrenia. They will also have relapses, but they will have months of normal mental health off and on throughout their lives IF they are treated early. Adults who began treatment later will not have such remissions."

I agree with Concentric -- terrific research and find Shergal!!

Don't you all just wish that after a period of time, police would go ahead and release all the information they had on cold cases, and hand it over to willing, volunteer researchers such as ourselves and say.... "organize yourselves into a few teams, here is what we have, find something we missed and bring it back to our attention... "GO!"??

In a case such as this, it seems so much more could be done / could have BEEN done already -- but we the willing volunteers end up with tied hands due to lack of accessible information!!

On the surface this seems like a good idea, but it could also be dangerous. There are always crazies who might decide to take things into their own hands by stalking individuals they consider suspects or by conducting their own searches.

If DR did it and people here are saying, "No way. It would be crazy to do that," he has gotten away with it.

Be careful going onto David Shurter's site. The site just kept loading and loading. I had to turn off my computer to get out of the site. I think he's been hacked.

I don't know why I even bothered, since I'm familiar with him, and I, too, don't believe his stories.

Haven't been on here in quite sometime. I was thinking about the case today and decided to take a peek on here to see if anything new has emerged. I'm starting to lean more towards the idea that Jacob was probably kidnapped by a pedophile ring. The more I think about it, the reason why Jacob's aubductor probably hasn't come and probably has no remorse, is because these sickos that are involved in these pedophile rings don't care whose child they are taking as long as they are making money and getting what they want. In my opinion if this was done by someone local, it seems like it would be harder for him to keep this a secret all these years and not feel the least bit guilty after seeing Jacob in the media all the time. Of course I don't know how these scumbags think. The whole thing just seemed too complicated to have been done by someone local. Any other opinions?

Chef81, I am leaning towards the idea of a pedophile ring too. Once you get more than one suspect involved, it is harder to solve the case. I feel there was a group of men involved- a few different people who would make money to kidnap children for others. The people involved will get justice in the afterlife if it is not in this life.
I just wish we could get some clue somehow of something. I think the sheriff should reveal his case info so the public can help. The case is getting so cold and they aren't getting anywhere.

Chef81, I am leaning towards the idea of a pedophile ring too. Once you get more than one suspect involved, it is harder to solve the case. I feel there was a group of men involved- a few different people who would make money to kidnap children for others. The people involved will get justice in the afterlife if it is not in this life.
I just wish we could get some clue somehow of something. I think the sheriff should reveal his case info so the public can help. The case is getting so cold and they aren't getting anywhere.

I agree. I'm sure Law Enforcement has much more info that the public has. I also wish I had a list of all the leads that were ever dismissed, maybe something was missed way down the line. Anybody can make a mistake. But I too believe more than one person was involved. It all seems to complicated to have been done by one person, especially in the dark.

Haven't been on here in quite sometime. I was thinking about the case today and decided to take a peek on here to see if anything new has emerged. I'm starting to lean more towards the idea that Jacob was probably kidnapped by a pedophile ring. The more I think about it, the reason why Jacob's aubductor probably hasn't come and probably has no remorse, is because these sickos that are involved in these pedophile rings don't care whose child they are taking as long as they are making money and getting what they want. In my opinion if this was done by someone local, it seems like it would be harder for him to keep this a secret all these years and not feel the least bit guilty after seeing Jacob in the media all the time. Of course I don't know how these scumbags think. The whole thing just seemed too complicated to have been done by someone local. Any other opinions?

After 21 years of leads going nowhere and little to no evidence of anything, I believe that anything is possibility.

bumping for Jacob. Someone knows something and they better come forward!

Beth Holloway hosts a show now about missing people. It's called "Vanished with Beth Holloway." I'm not sure if she will ever do a show featuring Jacob, but I thought I would put it out there for those that are interesting in checking it out. It airs on Monday nights on Lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam