MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, Vern Seitz came to MN twice to visit the Wetterlings and "help" them find Jacob. Patty described him as a quiet man. I don't know if he had any other relatives here, but it's entirely possible seeing as Wisconsin is a neighboring state. It bothered me that Seitz offered "any amount of money" to buy the Bahner tapes "from Jerry Wetterling." It said Jerry refused, but I wouldn't have thought Jerry would have even had those tapes. Wouldn't they either be with Diane M., or in the hands of the FBI? And why would Seitz even want those crackly hard to hear tapes? (Unless he was just a nut case who collected murder memorabilia.)
Unless I misheard it, I understood that he tried to buy the tapes from Diane at any price- not Jerry Wetterling. The implication is that the tapes are incriminating to Vern Seitz. Although he never says anything directly but he implies a lot. Somehow, I think that there are more tapes than what we have heard, and more complete interviews- hopefully better quality.

wow. What in the heck?

All of this Catholic church stuff is so incredibly bizarre!

I don't even know what to say?

Seitz lived by Milwaukee which is about 8 hours or so from St. Joe. Maybe more?

Why wasn't LE more interested in the stuff at his house? It is so incredibly weird.

I was looking into the Johnny Gosch case to see any connection. One of the pictures allegedly of Johnny tied up on a bed has a clothing bag from "Camp Caribou" in the background. Camp Caribou is a Catholic boys camp in Ontario Canada which was once run by Marcel Maciel- a famous, high up Mexican priest who founded Legionaire of Christ and Regnum Christi movement. He was found guilty of raping underage males. Maciel was never restricted. He also had a drug problem.

I would appreciate it Jbrown if you acknowledged that I was the person who first recently brought back the issue of the "Camp Caribou" bag in the Johnny Gosch thread and that I was the person who found the post on Godlike Productions that indicated there was a Camp Caribou in Ontario, Canada. I gave credit to the person who orginally posted that item on Godlike Productions and linked it to the initial inquiry. (see my posts, Johnny Gosch thread).

Thank you.

could it be that anyone who is involved in this is afraid of the church? I mean that the perp may have some religious phobias if he tells what happened?

I am saying, and I think most would agree, that the perp does not have an OK from God. No, you do not. You committed a grievous sin. You are not absolved by a mere man here on earth. You are not absolved by humans on earth.

sorry concentric. You were the one who brought up the laundry bag and referred to the godlike production link at the Gosch thread. Awesome research! It's so hard to keep remembering the links and credits. sorry about that. I just got carried away with getting excited- it just kept linking to other things.

I had this nagging feeling that there had to be another Camp Caribou in Canada or Alaska. So I did a search, and low and behold that post on Godlike Productions was listed several pages in. And it totally floored me. Golden Gates' research was amazing. It just seems that nothing ever went any further than that, or did it? I was thinking that Noreen, Johnny's mom, probably knows about it.

And to think that Camp Caribou is in Ontario and Ontario is right above Minnesota. Also, in another post below Golden Gates' is a listing of several camps affiliated with this same group.

Makes you wonder about linkages.

I think this Camp Caribou is in Ontario, but I think it's closer to Toronto. That is not close to Minnesota at all.Skelton's info has been false from day 1.

Police could not find any record of these people anywhere.

Skelton is looking at a murder charge. I think he could come up with the facts of where he met these people and how he contacted them over a course of time. He has not done that.

I think his story is made up.

You don't need to convince me--I've researched numerous articles/documents from all over the world regarding trafficking of children.

The Mexican border is not the only way to get inside or outside the U.S.

You don't need to convince me--I've researched numerous articles/documents from all over the world regarding trafficking of children.

The Mexican border is not the only way to get inside or outside the U.S.

I thought it was interesting to find out that there are people here against their will from Mexico and probably other central American countries.

Had you not known that before, because there have been news articles about busts of sex slave operations in the U.S. for years.

The coastal areas are also places where people are shipped in and kept locked up in houses, apts. etc.

I had this nagging feeling that there had to be another Camp Caribou in Canada or Alaska. So I did a search, and low and behold that post on Godlike Productions was listed several pages in. And it totally floored me. Golden Gates' research was amazing. It just seems that nothing ever went any further than that, or did it? I was thinking that Noreen, Johnny's mom, probably knows about it.

And to think that Camp Caribou is in Ontario and Ontario is right above Minnesota. Also, in another post below Golden Gates' is a listing of several camps affiliated with this same group.

You do have to wonder about linkages, especially since the founder of the group is a big time child molester and rules his followers with mind control and no free will whatsoever.

I do not think Camp caribou is very close to Minnesota at all.

Had you not known that before, because there have been news articles about busts of sex slave operations in the U.S. for years.

The coastal areas are also places where people are shipped in and kept locked up in houses, apts. etc.

I am just sick of the racism that is so popular nowadays against the people from Mexico in this country.

Concentric,
There is another Camp Caribou in Winslow Maine, one in Wayland Massachusetts. Both are boys camps. I bet there are others in the
US with that name.

I really think that LE needs to expand their horizons after 20+ years of searching locally, finding nothing, and taking into account the new knowledge we have about international human trafficking. JMO

Yes, the abductor took Jacob locally, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't take him away.

I'm not stuck on this theory, but it is something to look at.

I do not think Camp caribou is very close to Minnesota at all.

It's close enough to transport there, and isolated enough to keep victims from escaping. Also there could have been intersecting transit points along the way and beyond.

It's close enough to transport there, and isolated enough to keep victims from escaping. Also there could have been intersecting transit points along the way and beyond.

Minnesota is a huge state. From St Joe to the border of Canada is a couple of hundred miles. The last miles that go up to Thunder Bay are on a curvy road that is only one lane. It takes a while to drive it, especially back then when there were not the improvements of today. If you get behind a slow moving car, there is NO WAY to pass. Then you crossed the border. Who knows if someone would check your vehicle.

If they went some other route to avoid detection, that would involve going through dense woods and probably water transport. I think there are easier ways to get children than that.

I believe that Camp Caribou would be closer to Toronto which is 1000 miles maybe? Too lazy to look.

but if you were a truck driver who is scheduled to go through and bribed enough money, it wouldn't be that difficult to transport kidnapped children. They didn't check a lot of loads in the 80s. This was before Sept 11.
also, if a car had a child in it, sitting in the passenger seat or a few children, assuming they were not bound and gagged, the border agents would have no idea that the kids didn't belong to that person. They aren't going to ask for birth records for kids. I don't remember our family needing passports or any papers to go into Canada. We just said we were going there on vacation. If it was a priest with kids, they probably would let them go right through. Priests were and still are thought of as holy, can do no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea