MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI,
I decided to check out David Shurter's blog again (I'm not having any issues with his site at this time) and he has posted a video in defense of some of the things that have been said about him here at Websleuths (he mentions the Websleuths site specifically). Some might be interested in what he has to say.

Also, I just wanted to say that I did not expect to see so many opinions about him or his blog when I first posted the link. I just happened to come across his site at the time and thought it was an interesting read and thought others might think so as well.

I would be interested to hear what Mr Shurter has to say regarding JW case. I wonder if he would be willing to contact me to see what he remembers? Anything that could link a small piece of evidence is better than nothing. He says he is banned from websleuths, but his email address may not be compatible. Mr Shurter, try getting a hold of the webslueths contact to see why you can't be a member or contact me directly (you can find my info on the contact page of this website http://sfkillers.com/?p=3) ps- my work blocks youtube, so I didn't get to see the video.

Hi everyone! I'm new to Websleuths but Jacob's case has touched my heart since his abduction. I just thought I'd give my two cents.

I never ever believed Jacob was abducted by a pedophile ring. For one reason, location. This abduction was a "moment of opportunity". Jacob and the other two boys came along at the wrong time, and I am convinced the abductor saw them as they were going IN to town. It was no surprise to me when Rassier became a "person of interest." He fits the age of the abductor, and the abductor was on foot, which I always felt meant he lived in the immediate area, and Rassier lived right there. Not to mention the fact that Rassier's alibi was lame. Well, he really didn't have one. He sure does remember a lot of what he was doing over 20 years ago. Hell, I couldn't tell you what I was doing back then.

The abductor was wearing a mask AND he spoke in a raspy voice, which tells me he was trying to disguise it so the boys would not recognize it, and thus the same reason for the mask. I read where Rassier kept a file on Jacob. Well, who the hell does that?!? Weird, IMO. I don't think he should be ruled out.

Anyway, I know there are other persons of interest, but IMO, none are more "interesting" than Rassier.

Have any of you read Jaycee Dugard's book regarding her 18 years in captivity? I just picked it up the day before yesterday, and I literally could not put it down! I just finished it, and several points stood out for me... I'm bringing them up here, because it might give a lot of insight into Jacob's case....

-> While she was in captivity she found thinking of her mom so very painful that she actually blocked out her thoughts of her as much as she could. Interestingly, Jaycee even eventually forgot what her mom looked like. She could say that her own children reminded her of her mom, but could not pinpoint why as she just had lost the memory of her mom's visual appearance. She was 11 when she was abducted. It surprised me to learn that a child of that age could forget what her mom looked like!!

-> While in captivity, she never said her own name. She wrote it once, but was scolded for doing so by her captors, and then she buried it and assumed a new name. She even insisted on using the new name when parole officers were told by her captors that she was a kidnap victim that he had taken many years ago. She was unable to even say her own name when confronted with the reality of her situation by officers, and had to write it down for them.

-> She came to rely on her captors, and could not imagine a life without them doing for her / providing for her. She became 100% dependent on them for everything. She spent years locked away in a secret backyard... all alone. Despite the horrors Philip Garrido subjected her to, he brought her food, and drink, and provided company at times (as did the female captor). Even up to the last hours when Philip revealed that he had kidnapped her to the parole officers..... she maintained that she was someone else, and sought to protect her captor from police.

In reading her story of survival - it occurs to me that Jacob may also be out there somewhere! Jaycee was eventually allowed out on supervised outtings with her captors, and her children. She sought to blend in, afraid of being recognized, and afraid of what would happen to her. She had access to the internet, but never once searched her own name -- b/c she believed her captor had full control of the computer, and could read everything she did on there whenever he wanted!!

If Jacob is out there somewhere, its possible that he too is petrified of being discovered, half hoping someone will notice him, and end break his invisibility!! Maybe he doesn't remember his own name, or can't bring himself to use it. Maybe he cannot remember the faces of those who know and love him -- maybe (like Jaycee), he fears what they might think of him, and any issues he might be carrying with him.

I can't imagine what he might have endured, or how he might have survived! I only he is alive somewhere, and that like Jaycee he might one day be able to be found, and return to his loved ones!!

Has anyone here ever visited the Franklinfiles.net message board (you have to register to view the message board). I'm just curious because someone posted her story about seeing Jacob and his abductor. It sounds like she's tried giving her information to the police a few times in the past but hasn't had any luck with them. This post was back in 2009 and there hasn't been any new posts about it since then. It's in the thread titled "Wetterling Book to Support Families of Abducted Children." I hope it's OK that I posted this here.

Yes, I thought I remembered reading that somewhere. Wasn't he working at a paint shop or warehouse (or somewhere)? Whatever happened with that...for some reason I thought I remembered they checked it out and realized it wasn't him...but maybe I'm wrong?

Does anyone know the link to the composite drawings of the suspects over the yrs?

Yes, I thought I remembered reading that somewhere. Wasn't he working at a paint shop or warehouse (or somewhere)? Whatever happened with that...for some reason I thought I remembered they checked it out and realized it wasn't him...but maybe I'm wrong?

No, you're right. He was ruled out by dental records.

Thank you so much,do you know if this pics look like the POI Rasiner?I can not find a pic of him.

Here'a a relatively current pic of Dan Rassier TODAY. However, remember that he did NOT look like this 22 yrs ago.

Actually, the woman I'm speaking of says she saw them in southern MN a few weeks after Jacob's abduction. She then believes she saw his abductor numerous times years later. I'd repost her story here, but I don't know if I'm allowed to do that??? I'll see if I can post a link but since you have to register to read the posts, I'm not sure if it will work.

Thanks Trino-I was hoping for a pic when he was 20 yr younger to compare them,still have found any..but thank you for your search.I really appreciate it!I really wish we could find something to give Jacob's mother some peace.

Reading through these threads, leads me to ask some further questions about the night Jacob was taken. Anyone familiar with the little road in St Joseph,where this happened, knows that it is not heavily traveled, except for people who live on it. It dead ends, so there is only one way in and out. The Tom Thumb, where the boys were getting the video from, is at the end of this small road, in the town of St Joe. It is however, right off of Interstate 94. Whoever did this, knew the boys had come down that road and had to come back again, or saw them at the station. Either way they had to know where they came from. Knowing that the abductor asked questions of the boys about their age, could this mean that they didn't have a specific name in mind, but an "age"?

The Rassier home was one of only a few on the road, with a very long driveway to the house from the road.
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875817

I had thought recently that it was more likely a pedophile ring, but the remoteness of the abduction confuses this issue for me.

Have any of you read Jaycee Dugard's book regarding her 18 years in captivity? I just picked it up the day before yesterday, and I literally could not put it down! I just finished it, and several points stood out for me... I'm bringing them up here, because it might give a lot of insight into Jacob's case....

-> While she was in captivity she found thinking of her mom so very painful that she actually blocked out her thoughts of her as much as she could. Interestingly, Jaycee even eventually forgot what her mom looked like. She could say that her own children reminded her of her mom, but could not pinpoint why as she just had lost the memory of her mom's visual appearance. She was 11 when she was abducted. It surprised me to learn that a child of that age could forget what her mom looked like!!

-> While in captivity, she never said her own name. She wrote it once, but was scolded for doing so by her captors, and then she buried it and assumed a new name. She even insisted on using the new name when parole officers were told by her captors that she was a kidnap victim that he had taken many years ago. She was unable to even say her own name when confronted with the reality of her situation by officers, and had to write it down for them.

-> She came to rely on her captors, and could not imagine a life without them doing for her / providing for her. She became 100% dependent on them for everything. She spent years locked away in a secret backyard... all alone. Despite the horrors Philip Garrido subjected her to, he brought her food, and drink, and provided company at times (as did the female captor). Even up to the last hours when Philip revealed that he had kidnapped her to the parole officers..... she maintained that she was someone else, and sought to protect her captor from police.

In reading her story of survival - it occurs to me that Jacob may also be out there somewhere! Jaycee was eventually allowed out on supervised outtings with her captors, and her children. She sought to blend in, afraid of being recognized, and afraid of what would happen to her. She had access to the internet, but never once searched her own name -- b/c she believed her captor had full control of the computer, and could read everything she did on there whenever he wanted!!

If Jacob is out there somewhere, its possible that he too is petrified of being discovered, half hoping someone will notice him, and end break his invisibility!! Maybe he doesn't remember his own name, or can't bring himself to use it. Maybe he cannot remember the faces of those who know and love him -- maybe (like Jaycee), he fears what they might think of him, and any issues he might be carrying with him.

I can't imagine what he might have endured, or how he might have survived! I only he is alive somewhere, and that like Jaycee he might one day be able to be found, and return to his loved ones!!

I am half way through her book. I have to take a break from it for a while. It's a lot to take in. It is heart wrenching to think that this kind of thing does happen to people. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it. But if Jaycee can survive something like this, then that is reason enough for me to believe that Jacob (and many others) can, also.

Shawn Hornbeck is another one. He used to go on his own Missing website and even posted comments to the parents. yet still didnt reveal who he was or where he was.

The mind games these people play are amazing.

Shawn Hornbeck is another one. He used to go on his own Missing website and even posted comments to the parents. yet still didnt reveal who he was or where he was.

The mind games these people play are amazing.

Are you suggesting the victims (ie: Shawn Hornbeck) played mind games with people?? If not, forgive me - perhaps I've misunderstood your post? I don't think the victims play mind games so much as they are afraid to reveal themselves to society! Shawn was a traumatized, frightened boy. Who knows what he was told about his family or loved ones, or in what unimaginable ways he might have been threatened against seeking help!! Perhaps interacting with his own missing site was his way of reconnecting with the boy he was when he was kidnapped. I think its important that we don't assign blame to victims -- who knows who is reading these posts, and what response posts that imply they are in any way at fault, or playing games with people might impact them!

I hope Leprikawn isn't saying that. There are children abused all the time who are surrounded by loving families and still can't reveal what's going on. I was abused for over 10 yrs in my own family and I know how difficult it can be to tell someone, only to have them stomp on the truth. You get to where you don't trust any family. It's not that nobody believed it, I just wasn't able to figure out for a long time who I could trust. Strangers were better friends to me. It has taken yrs but now I'm pretty open about what happened. Probably a little too open but sometimes blurting it out becomes therapeutic. I don't think any of these victims play games, I think they are trying to survive. Shawn probably felt like he actually was holding on to a rope of life by posting. This of course is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine