MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what Joy write on April 13, 2013,which is totally different than what she wrote in the info I posted above.

I get so upset with people playing games about this case. We have people with secret information who claim to be so helpful and wanting to do what is write, but they only tease with info. It is sickening. Here is what she writes this time,

Kevin drove all the way into Rassiers’ driveway because he didn’t realize it was a driveway. From 16th Avenue, the driveway actually looks like a dirt road. It’s a quarter mile long and goes down a hill before curving left behind the trees. The entire farm sits behind the trees, so you can’t even see the farm or house from the road. I’m attaching a photo that shows the view from 16th Avenue so you can see what I mean.

I think you may be parsing Joy's words.

This is from Joy's blog. Kevin knew exactly that it was a driveway.

So why drive up the driveway and not just back up and turn around. Or turn around in the road? Very weird to me to go up someone's driveway.

Anyway, here is the quote from her blog:

Kevin, on the other hand, decides to turn left (south) and see if there are any flashing lights down that direction. He gets as far as Rassiers’ driveway and knows it’s a dead end after that, so he decides to pull in and turn around. He pulls ALL THE WAY INTO THE DRIVEWAY and turns around by the light pole which is down by the house.

I interpret this explanation to mean: Kevin turns south onto 16th...he proceeds south but realizes that 16th is a dead end so he takes a left on Rassier's driveway then not knowing it's a driveway for a farm he circles around the yard light and returns to 16th. From there by the remaining account he drove north where he then encountered the 'medical cop'.

shergal, that's really what should be done. not sure if a group of people doing it would be a good idea but to verify the conditions would be worth knowing to end the speculation. i'm sure it's uncomfortable for anyone to stop in this area to investigate as one would appear to be 'lurking' and especially if Jerry or Patty were to drive by. I have a feeling one could sense the frightening aspects of the abduction by simply visiting that area in the dark.

Yeah, I am not volunteering for that. Especially since the original perp may even read here to see what people are figuring out.

This is from Joy on May 12. What sense does this make? The yard light, which previously had been discussed as being on, is now turned off in this version. And lo and behold, Smokey is barking! Her words are below:

Agreed. I don’t think this is how it happened at all. I’m still convinced that whoever took Jacob saw those boys going **TO** the Tom Thumb (way down by Rassiers’ place), and waited for them to come back. I’m also convinced they had a car. To make Dan’s eyewitness testimonies jive with my theory, I think there was someone on foot somewhere between Wetterlings’ house and Rassiers’ driveway on the night Jacob was abducted. I think he overheard the boys’ plans to go to the Tom Thumb, then took action. He would have known he had about a half hour before they returned (10 minutes to get there, 10 minutes to pick out a movie, and 10 minutes to get back). He got into his small, dark, compact car, pulled into Rassiers’ driveway to turn around so he’d be facing the road in order to make a quick getaway (circling away from the yard light so he wouldn’t be seen), then stashed the car halfway up Rassiers’ driveway so it couldn’t be seen from the road. I don’t think he was worried about being seen, because I think this person knew the Rassiers were gone on a European vacation at the time. Maybe he found out from family, friends, neighbors, or even a blip in the church bulletin. Who knows? At any rate, the house would have been dark when he pulled into the driveway, since Dan had turned the light off when Smokey start to bark and he he heard a car pulling up the road/driveway.

I read it this way: Smokey starts barking, Dan hears a car, he turns off the HOUSE lights so he can see outside. The yard light remained on thus allowing him to identify the vehicle.

looks like your instincts were correct about Kevin. Yes, why not simply turn into DR's driveway only a few feet, back out, then go north on 16th? if he knew it was a dead end....why drive ALL THE WAY INTO THE DRIVEWAY?

No, I think what was meant here...

"Kevin, on the other hand, decides to turn left (south) and see if there are any flashing lights down that direction. He gets as far as Rassiers’ driveway and knows it’s a dead end after that, so he decides to pull in and turn around. He pulls ALL THE WAY INTO THE DRIVEWAY and turns around by the light pole which is down by the house."

is that Kevin "knew" it was a dead end straight ahead on 16th Ave. after Rassier's driveway, so he pulled into Rassier's driveway to turn around. But ITA, it makes no sense to pull all the way into the yard to turn around, rather than to just pull in and back out. Maybe Kevin was just nosy about what was in DR's yard??

I think you may be parsing Joy's words.

Ha ha. I see you see the craziness in this as well.

It is a direct quote from her blog.

It is interesting reading. I hope the hiding my address stuff works, lol

I read it this way: Smokey starts barking, Dan hears a car, he turns off the HOUSE lights so he can see outside. The yard light remained on thus allowing him to identify the vehicle.

Hm. There is no mention of the ID of Kevin's car, though, is there? Thatis DR saying he saw Kevin's car?

Yeah, I am not volunteering for that. Especially since the original perp may even read here to see what people are figuring out.

We know the killer in the Shakespeare lottery murder was reading on here, so I see no reason why that cannot be true in this case.

Funny you should write that...I had the same thought...especially after seeing "DR" respond on another blog. Not sure if it was him or not but assume so as it was in response to an article about him..

Hm. There is no mention of the ID of Kevin's car, though, is there? Thatis DR saying he saw Kevin's car?

I don't think DR ever said he saw Kevin's car and admittedly so. He said he saw a smaller blue car. I'm not trying to defend DR or Kevin....my point is one has to read some of these words carefully so as not to misconstrue what is being written. I've noticed the spoken + written word can often be perceived 2 ways by 2 different people.

oops...I meant to say DR saw a smaller, darker car....not sure if the color was discernible.

oops...I meant to say DR saw a smaller, darker car....not sure if the color was discernible.

I am confused. What kind of car was Kevin driving?

It is too bad that the writing on Joy's blog is so poor.

Ha ha. I see you see the craziness in this as well.

It is a direct quote from her blog.

It is interesting reading. I hope the hiding my address stuff works, lol

Yes, this entire thing is crazy(+ very sad)...which is why I'm interested in seeing as many ideas as possible. Government knows everything we type and yet all of the websleuths can't find any info on possible suspects..or very little.

I am confused. What kind of car was Kevin driving?

It is too bad that the writing on Joy's blog is so poor.

thought it was larger like a mid to late 70's monte carlo. Joy's blog is interestingly written but I have found sometimes it a bit confusing...as we've witnessed here. However, she is a source now and has been talking to people who were actually there in 1989.

No, I think what was meant here...

"Kevin, on the other hand, decides to turn left (south) and see if there are any flashing lights down that direction. He gets as far as Rassiers’ driveway and knows it’s a dead end after that, so he decides to pull in and turn around. He pulls ALL THE WAY INTO THE DRIVEWAY and turns around by the light pole which is down by the house."

is that Kevin "knew" it was a dead end straight ahead on 16th Ave. after Rassier's driveway, so he pulled into Rassier's driveway to turn around. But ITA, it makes no sense to pull all the way into the yard to turn around, rather than to just pull in and back out. Maybe Kevin was just nosy about what was in DR's yard??

yes i agree...but it does make you wonder...either he's nosy or he actually thought it was a road that could bring him back around to the north but then that goes to human's comments about Kevin should have known it was a farmyard driveway...only Kevin knows. Always bothered me that his car was similar in size to the car DR saw come through the farmyard during the day. As Kevin said himself that he could have been the perp and LE wouldn't have known the difference....plus he had a woman in his car as DR alluded to possibly seeing in the smaller car. Kevin was cleared long ago but still perplexing.

It sounds like Kevin had a pile of people who could verify he was at the gf's house.

None of these people thought it worthy to give any info about this, however.

Anyone figure put approximate address for the gf?

It sounds like Kevin had a pile of people who could verify he was at the gf's house.

None of these people thought it worthy to give any info about this, however.

Anyone figure put approximate address for the gf?

I've narrowed it down, but since we are not allowed to sleuth people who aren't POI's on here, I can't really say. Hopefully with time, she will come forward on her own and add any info that may help. I can totally understand her not wanting to get involved - especially if people would be sleuthing her.

Good point that there were several people at the gf's home who could have verified "Kevin" was there. I imagine they did verify that to LE and that's why he was cleared.

Just stumbled across this page when looking for something else. Very interesting page, with lots of info. Although I don't personally feel Jacob's abduction was related to the Franklin scandal, (JMO) there is mention of Jacob and "a local newspaper delivery boy from St. Joseph, Minnesota" who escaped being abducted near the bottom of this page. I've heard rumors of this other boy before. It would be interesting to hear details from this boy (now adult) on what type of car the guy had, etc.

"Johnny Gosch was the first of three similar kidnappings that the “source” stated were conducted by the same group of kidnappers. All three victims were newspaper delivery boys. The second kidnapping was Eugene Martin. Gosch and Martin were from Des Moines, Iowa. The third intended victim was a local newspaper delivery boy from St. Joseph, Minnesota. When interviewed, he stated he was able to escape by slipping out of his coat and running. When this kidnapping failed, a second attempt was made and Jacob Wetterling was kidnapped. To this date, none of these crimes have been solved. Why?"

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/december292012/boys-town-scandal-tk.php

There is info about possibilities in here.

1. DAH

2. D S Parker

3. A guy who comitted suicide who said he knew who did it. Someone on WS said s/he was a realative

4. Someone who was assaulting boys in 1987 in Paynesville

5. A paperboy in St. joseph who got away

6. The Bahners

Any ideas on how we can sleuth these issues?

There is info about possibilities in here.

1. DAH
2. D S Parker
3. A guy who comitted suicide who said he knew who did it. Someone on WS said s/he was a realative

4. Someone who was assaulting boys in 1987 in Paynesville

5. A paperboy in St. joseph who got away
6. The Bahners

Where is the info about the 1987 assaults in Paynesville? I read about that in the Press, trying to find more info about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member