MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A show last night reminded me of a large group of pedophiles who mark their young victims with a "Rocking X" brand. These boys are abducted young and passed around between men and kept at remote locations that move frequently. Just about every LE agency knows about them. I wonder how many of our missing young men are victims of these monsters. :(

Tracker, I have. Ever heard of this. Can you give more info?

Tracker, I have. Ever heard of this. Can you give more info?

It was on one of the crime shows a couple of nights ago. I forget which one as we watch all of them. Try a Google search. I am pretty sure it was one of the "missing" shows and was about a missing boy.

This article appeared in the star tribune on November 21 1989:

The FBI released new details of a car reportedly involved in the attempted abduction of a Wisconsin boy, and said there are striking similarities between that case and the abduction of Jacob Wetterling. The car is believed to be a 1984 or 1985 tan four-door Lincoln Town Car with rectangular “opera” windows for backseat passengers. The vehicle also had rusted fender skirts over the rear tires and rust on the rear bumper.
A 13-year-old boy in Roberts, Wis., near the Minnesota border, reported seeing the car as he was leaving basketball practice at school Friday.
“He saw this car parked on a driveway leading to the schoolyard,” said FBI agent Bryon Gigler. “He saw it for some time as he was walking up to it. He heard the (power) window go down. A dome light came on.
“He saw a guy in a black ski mask. He (the man) yelled at him in a
commanding voice, `Get in the car.’

- I find this article of particular interest because the 1984 4 door town car (pictured below with link) seems to match the description of the car that DR saw speeding through his driveway (also linked).

Link to photo of 4 door town car:
http://saintautumn.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/lincoln_town_car_1985_pictures_1_b.jpg

Link to photo of car DR saw in driveway:
http://www.joybaker.com/wp-content/2013/02/MonteCarlo-1978-400x300.jpg

The top picture is a Lincoln Town Car. The bottom picture is a Chevrolet Monte Carlo, about 1970. They are not the same, so I am not sure which is correct.

The top picture is a Lincoln Town Car. The bottom picture is a Chevrolet Monte Carlo, about 1970. They are not the same, so I am not sure which is correct.

The Lincoln Town Car has the 'opera' windows for the back seat passengers. I think the Monte Carlo shown on Joy's blog is actually a 1980 or 1981 model as my brother had one just like it. This model was rather compact as traditionally the Monte Carlos of the 1970's were long + sleek as opposed to the clunky Lincoln Town Car. I had a 1970 Monte Carlo which was longer and more robust than the 1981 model. The 1975 Monte Carlo was closest to the Lincoln in appearance but again much more streamlined. My hunch is the Lincoln Town Car picture best fits the witness description.

Actually the 1978-81 were of the body type same as picture in Joy's blog.

A show last night reminded me of a large group of pedophiles who mark their young victims with a "Rocking X" brand. These boys are abducted young and passed around between men and kept at remote locations that move frequently. Just about every LE agency knows about them. I wonder how many of our missing young men are victims of these monsters. :(

The "Rocking X" branding is from the whole pedophile ring stories culminating in the 'Franklin Coverup'. Either google it for plenty of written stories or see YouTube for more disturbing verbal stories-especially Paul Bonnaci being interviewed. It all stems from the Johnny Gosch abduction. Basically, some of the boys attempted escape and when caught were 'branded' as punishment as well as identification. It's dark + depressing. I have no opinion if any of this is connected to Jacob's abduction.

I have to wonder how this all works.

Jacob is from an intact, loving family. For some reason he is selected and stalked somehow even though he lives in an isolated small cul de sac . The family has a dog. Did other families in the cul de sac have dogs as well?

On the off chance that some kids would come by, a perv is waiting on an isolated country road . Sunday night is a night that most people stay home and prepare for the week to come. Sunday night always seems like such a low key night.

I have to wonder how this all works.

Jacob is from an intact, loving family. For some reason he is selected and stalked somehow even though he lives in an isolated small cul de sac . The family has a dog. Did other families in the cul de sac have dogs as well?

On the off chance that some kids would come by, a perv is waiting on an isolated country road . Sunday night is a night that most people stay home and prepare for the week to come. Sunday night always seems like such a low key night.

That's just it. How would they have known Jacob would be biking to Tom Thumb on a spur of the moment on a Sunday night? It's different in the Johnny Gosch case as he delivered newspapers early in the morning every day so it would be easy to stalk him. It just so happened that he was taken on the day his father was not with him so I don't know about that, but it was a regular schedule that could be easily surveilled. I have no idea of the pedophile rings but one has to wonder about the numbers of missing children.

An observation: tonight I was returning from a Homecoming football game at a consolidated school in the middle of the countryside. The sky was completely overcast, no wind. While driving I could see the golden reflection in the clouds- of lights from a city(pop 50,000) thirty miles away and also the golden reflection of a few smaller towns(pop 500-1,000), five to ten miles away. This seemed similar to St Joseph + St Cloud so I wondered what it would be like if I stopped my car and turned off my lights. To my right I spotted an approach + mailbox so parked my car in the farm gravel driveway. While my lights were still on, I could see to my left a field of beans and to my right a field of corn, 8' high and planted to the edge of the ditch. I could not see the farmhouse nor a yard light as there was a large grove of trees. Then I turned off my lights and I could not even see the corn stalks less than 30' away from me. It was unbelievably dark. Just amazingly black. It struck me that a car could be parked very close by and would not be visible(unless a light shone upon it) and that a person standing nearby would also not be noticed. The only light I could see was the reflected light of the city + towns in the distance and any far off distant cars but everything below the horizon line was simply black. Frightening to think of those boys on this type of road with only their little flashlight.

An observation: tonight I was returning from a Homecoming football game at a consolidated school in the middle of the countryside. The sky was completely overcast, no wind. While driving I could see the golden reflection in the clouds- of lights from a city(pop 50,000) thirty miles away and also the golden reflection of a few smaller towns(pop 500-1,000), five to ten miles away. This seemed similar to St Joseph + St Cloud so I wondered what it would be like if I stopped my car and turned off my lights. To my right I spotted an approach + mailbox so parked my car in the farm gravel driveway. While my lights were still on, I could see to my left a field of beans and to my right a field of corn, 8' high and planted to the edge of the ditch. I could not see the farmhouse nor a yard light as there was a large grove of trees. Then I turned off my lights and I could not even see the corn stalks less than 30' away from me. It was unbelievably dark. Just amazingly black. It struck me that a car could be parked very close by and would not be visible(unless a light shone upon it) and that a person standing nearby would also not be noticed. The only light I could see was the reflected light of the city + towns in the distance and any far off distant cars but everything below the horizon line was simply black. Frightening to think of those boys on this type of road with only their little flashlight.

Hopefully nothing happens in that neighborhood or they'll be looking for your tire prints. ;) I bet they were really terrified even though they knew the area.

An observation: tonight I was returning from a Homecoming football game at a consolidated school in the middle of the countryside. The sky was completely overcast, no wind. While driving I could see the golden reflection in the clouds- of lights from a city(pop 50,000) thirty miles away and also the golden reflection of a few smaller towns(pop 500-1,000), five to ten miles away. This seemed similar to St Joseph + St Cloud so I wondered what it would be like if I stopped my car and turned off my lights. To my right I spotted an approach + mailbox so parked my car in the farm gravel driveway. While my lights were still on, I could see to my left a field of beans and to my right a field of corn, 8' high and planted to the edge of the ditch. I could not see the farmhouse nor a yard light as there was a large grove of trees. Then I turned off my lights and I could not even see the corn stalks less than 30' away from me. It was unbelievably dark. Just amazingly black. It struck me that a car could be parked very close by and
would not be visible(unlesslight shone upon it) and that a person standing :seeya:nearby would also not be noticed. The only light I could see was the reflected light of the city + towns in the distance and any far off distant cars but everything below the horizon line was simply black. Frightening to think of those boys on this type of road with only their little flashlight.

So, we have 3 boys who all have flashlights? Don't you think that one of the kids would have observed a parked car?

I think they just had one flashlight between them, because the perp ordered them to "turn off your light" (not plural). I'm sure they were concentrating on the guy in the road with the gun.

But because of the open country there, I do think they would have seen lights or tail lights come on, and heard an engine start up, even though they were running. Because IMO, they would have kept looking back to make sure they weren't being followed.

Hopefully nothing happens in that neighborhood or they'll be looking for your tire prints. ;) I bet they were really terrified even though they knew the area.

yeh, whatever, I was simply offering an observation of the visual conditions of a rural area at night on a star-less moon-less night(due to cloud overcast). Mostly, it was for my own understanding and for any other readers of WS. If you think it was flippant, so be it. I just thought it was a helpful explanation of the situation at hand-mainly the level of visibility in a rural setting.

So, we have 3 boys who all have flashlights? Don't you think that one of the kids would have observed a parked car?

No. I think there was only one flashlight and if a car was parked 120'(40 yards) away, then given the level of darkness and the stress involved, I don't think the boys would have seen a car parked on the driveway. The boys were ordered to lay in the ditch on the west side of the road, doubtful that they would be looking 40 yards east while a perp hovered above them.

I think they just had one flashlight between them, because the perp ordered them to "turn off your light" (not plural). I'm sure they were concentrating on the guy in the road with the gun.

But because of the open country there, I do think they would have seen lights or tail lights come on, and heard an engine start up, even though they were running. Because IMO, they would have kept looking back to make sure they weren't being followed.

Well, if they heard a car start up or saw tail lights, they would have said something. BUT, they(Aaron + Trevor) didn't say that. Given the time frame, the perp had plenty of time to wait to turn on his car/headlights knowing the boys were running home. He knew where they lived or didn't care, but if he was concerned then had to wait awhile before starting his vehicle. It's a good point actually, because the perp naturally would want to exit the scene asap but knowing where the boys were running to, he would have had to wait so as not to expose his method of escape(if it was by car). It's a very calculated risk by car...knowing when (or not caring when) to start the vehicle, turn on the lights and leave the scene. Only Aaron + Trevor could say how many times they looked back as they were running. Even though there were 20 minutes available, the perp would not have known that at the time. I wonder if there was a certain amount of altercation between Jacob and the perp from the point of abduction to the point of disappearance of the footprints that coincided with the boys' run home?

yeh, whatever, I was simply offering an observation of the visual conditions of a rural area at night on a star-less moon-less night(due to cloud overcast). Mostly, it was for my own understanding and for any other readers of WS. If you think it was flippant, so be it. I just thought it was a helpful explanation of the situation at hand-mainly the level of visibility in a rural setting.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I was just trying to add a little levity to a case with lots of sadness. My bad.

As of today I have not had a response to my request from the Blog owner to get a single picture of the prints from the picture colage.

It's tough to have that sort of evidence so close, yet so far that I cannot render a professional opinion on it......

Well, if they heard a car start up or saw tail lights, they would have said something. BUT, they(Aaron + Trevor) didn't say that. Given the time frame, the perp had plenty of time to wait to turn on his car/headlights knowing the boys were running home. He knew where they lived or didn't care, but if he was concerned then had to wait awhile before starting his vehicle. It's a good point actually, because the perp naturally would want to exit the scene asap but knowing where the boys were running to, he would have had to wait so as not to expose his method of escape(if it was by car). It's a very calculated risk by car...knowing when (or not caring when) to start the vehicle, turn on the lights and leave the scene. Only Aaron + Trevor could say how many times they looked back as they were running. Even though there were 20 minutes available, the perp would not have known that at the time. I wonder if there was a certain amount of altercation between Jacob and the perp from the point of abduction to the point of disappearance of the footprints that coincided with the boys' run home?

All good points, but I think from the perp's perspective, getting away fast would outweigh the timing of the getaway to perhaps give the impression there was no car involved. IMO, if there was a car involved the delay in starting it up and leaving would be solely due to resistance from Jacob.

As of today I have not had a response to my request from the Blog owner to get a single picture of the prints from the picture colage.

It's tough to have that sort of evidence so close, yet so far that I cannot render a professional opinion on it......

It's my understanding that the pic's of the prints are reproductions from other websites / articles. If LE won't release the pic's I don't know what else could be done. I never did hear back from Garber either, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member