MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stumbled across this page when looking for something else. Very interesting page, with lots of info. Although I don't personally feel Jacob's abduction was related to the Franklin scandal, (JMO) there is mention of Jacob and "a local newspaper delivery boy from St. Joseph, Minnesota" who escaped being abducted near the bottom of this page. I've heard rumors of this other boy before. It would be interesting to hear details from this boy (now adult) on what type of car the guy had, etc.

"Johnny Gosch was the first of three similar kidnappings that the “source” stated were conducted by the same group of kidnappers. All three victims were newspaper delivery boys. The second kidnapping was Eugene Martin. Gosch and Martin were from Des Moines, Iowa. The third intended victim was a local newspaper delivery boy from St. Joseph, Minnesota. When interviewed, he stated he was able to escape by slipping out of his coat and running. When this kidnapping failed, a second attempt was made and Jacob Wetterling was kidnapped. To this date, none of these crimes have been solved. Why?"

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/december292012/boys-town-scandal-tk.php

I've heard this before as well. There is a website for the Franklin Scandal. It's www.franklinfiles.net (You have to register a username to read the message board). There are a few posts that mention Jacob and there is a post from 2009 that someone replied to about seeing Jacob weeks after the abduction and the man who took him. I just sent her an e-mail to see if she is willing to come to this site and/or Joy's blog to talk about it. However, this post was from 2009, so I have no idea if she'll even get my message.

I've heard this before as well. There is a website for the Franklin Scandal. It's www.franklinfiles.net (You have to register a username to read the message board). There are a few posts that mention Jacob and there is a post from 2009 that someone replied to about seeing Jacob weeks after the abduction and the man who took him. I just sent her an e-mail to see if she is willing to come to this site and/or Joy's blog to talk about it. However, this post was from 2009, so I have no idea if she'll even get my message.

That 2009 post is what I was alluding to earlier. The poster was Shelly. She claimed she saw an older man with Jacob in a 70's blue station wagon. She was familiar with the Franklin Scandal and said that there was a man who went by the name Emilio as a cover and who was involved in abducting children for a ring and she thought Vernon Seitz may have been that man. A middleman of sorts...$5k-$30k per child. She posted a link that featured a graduation picture of Seitz....I posted that picture on WS. She had a vivid picture in her mind of the man that was with Jacob and was looking for a picture of Seitz in his middle age to see if they were one and the same. She also said that Emilio had asked someone else if they were willing to travel to St Joseph, MN to abduct a boy. I had been looking for a middle aged picture of Seitz to see if that compared to any of the sketches of possible perps at the Tom Thumb in St Joseph and Avon when I happened upon Shelly's post. All of this is posted on Blink On Crime.

It sounds like Kevin had a pile of people who could verify he was at the gf's house.

None of these people thought it worthy to give any info about this, however.

Anyone figure put approximate address for the gf?

Yes...I wondered about that. It may be to keep their privacy but for Kevin to not report his car being there....that is bothersome. Understandable for a young guy but if his alibi was so solid why exist in secrecy? Fear I suppose.

Yes...I wondered about that. It may be to keep their privacy but for Kevin to not report his car being there....that is bothersome. Understandable for a young guy but if his alibi was so solid why exist in secrecy? Fear I suppose.

Fear of what?

Can someone please explain to me why Jacob, who comes from a loving, intact family, be targeted by a pedo ring that can get boys easily without having to kidnap them?

There are all kinds of runaways, for instance.

And how would they target a boy who lives on a cul de sac in the middle of nowhere and just went out that night on happenstance?

Why does the situation have to be so crazy when there are plenty of pervs right in the hood. Ones that we do not even know about because we are not LE and not motivated enough to search trhough mountains of records.

Also...Vernon Seitz travelled to Canada. In the photos from the Franklin Scandal of the boys bound and gagged on a bed, there is a pillow in the background that says 'Camp Caribou'. I think people on WS found that years ago but I was wondering if there was a connection between Camp Caribou + Seitz. It is a Catholic camp and Seitz was Catholic.

Fear of what?

Can someone please explain to me why Jacob, who comes from a loving, intact family, be targeted by a pedo ring that can get boys easily without having to kidnap them?

And how would they target a boy who lives on a cul de sac in the middle of nowhere and just went out that night on happenstance?

Why does the situation have to be so crazy when there are plenty of pervs right in the hood. Ones that we do not even know about because we are not LE and not motivated enough to search trhough mountains of records.

Good questions...I have no answers. That's the problem...there are so many pervs...everywhere it seems. I checked the official SO list in Iowa and was astounded by the sheer volume. Given your comments, don't you wonder though why someone like Vernon Seitz would travel 6 hours to assist in the search efforts? I understand the locals searching....but Seitz with what they found in his house after he died gives me pause. Not saying he was connected in any way but it's just a possibility things are more than they seem.

Fear of what? Being labelled a supsect.

Can someone please explain to me why Jacob, who comes from a loving, intact family, be targeted by a pedo ring that can get boys easily without having to kidnap them? maybe they want a certain age + 'look'

And how would they target a boy who lives on a cul de sac in the middle of nowhere and just went out that night on happenstance? same way as a local perp...maybe attend public sporting events

maybe the ring wants LE to assume it was a local perp so as to avoid detection
human...I guess I will try answer your questions...just my own opinion of course. Not being an attorney or LE, but would assume this is what research requires...exploring all leads, possibilities, and then slowly eiliminating any theories without substance, evidence or plausiblility.

Now I am totally totally freaked out.

We shall see if DR reads on here or if someone on here tattles to him.

On his FB, he has a friend. You can see it in his comments.

That friend has pics of youths who have pics of private parts as well as bondage of youths.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

I posted this on websleuths 09/26/11
You know what is interesting? Camp Caribou (the name on the laundry bag in one of the pictures) is a camp for 10-13 year old boys run by the Legionaires of Christ. They have one location in Canada and one in the US (Maine I think). Legionaires of Christ was founded by pedophile Marcel Maciel. Maciel had a mistress and abused hundreds of children- even sexually abused two of his own sons (fathered 6 while a priest). His Legionaires group is like a strict cult-like school to make boys become priests. If anyone inside the group said anything against Maciel or went against his rules in any way, they were severely punished. He received accolades from Pope John Paul II for turning so many men into priests. Once his pedophilia was found out, I believe he was defrocked.

human, I believe you can post the facebook link since DR is considered a suspect. Is the "friend" anyone familiar? Facebook is blocked for me right now.

human,

You saw this on FB? I am creeping on DR's page and can't seem to get at what you're seeing.

maybe the ring wants LE to assume it was a local perp so as to avoid detection
human...I guess I will try answer your questions...just my own opinion of course. Not being an attorney or LE, but would assume this is what research requires...exploring all leads, possibilities, and then slowly eiliminating any theories without substance, evidence or plausiblility.

I'm going to use Occam's Razor here - it most likely was a local and lone perp. Elaborate conspiracies about paedophile rings stretching into the heart of the GOP and involving Bohemian Grove don't impress me much. Also, if you look in the Johnny Gosch threads, those photographs may not be anywhere near as sinister as they look either. They were part of a package sent anonymously to Noreen Gosch, and two of them have been traced to source - one was a clip from a perfectly respectable European film called The Witching, another was from a case in Florida back in the 70s were a local perv bribed three boys to pose tied up, but he didn't do anything else to them.

I doubt any of those photos have any relevance to Jacob's kidnapping, or even Johnny Gosch's kidnapping - more likely it was some sicko messing with Noreen Gosch's head.

cgorg, how do you know Seitz traveled to Canada?

I read it on one of those blogs or posts regarding Seitz....as usual, forgot to write it down....so would have to look again. After I read it, I googled Camp Caribou but didn't find any pics of Seitz himself but interesting that they had a 'Vernon Zone' within the camp. Coincidental I thought. I had also read about the pedo priest you spoke of.

Cappuccino,
I don't know if it was a ring or not, but I know if I or we bring the subject of a child sex ring up, it turns off a lot of people, especially police. I do have a retired detective contact who insists there was a ring that operated in the midwest and I have a news article about it to back it up (chicken and bulls article). However, I think if we find the actual person who did it first and then try to prove he was part of a ring we would have more credibility with LE. And that is a big IF. THere are too many suspects and not enough hard evidence.

human,

You saw this on FB? I am creeping on DR's page and can't seem to get at what you're seeing.

Wonder if it's the correct DR? Remember, there was another DR that had done some nasty things but it was determined on WS it's not the same DR from St Joseph, MN.

now i am totally totally freaked out.

We shall see if dr reads on here or if someone on here tattles to him.

On his fb, he has a friend. You can see it in his comments.

That friend has pics of youths who have pics of private parts as well as bondage of youths.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

yup. Found it.

Wonder if it's the correct DR? Remember, there was another DR that had done some nasty things but it was determined on WS it's not the same DR from St Joseph, MN.

It's him. There are a couple of pics of him. No doubt about it.

Cappuccino,
I don't know if it was a ring or not, but I know if I or we bring the subject of a child sex ring up, it turns off a lot of people, especially police. I do have a retired detective contact who insists there was a ring that operated in the midwest and I have a news article about it to back it up (chicken and bulls article). However, I think if we find the actual person who did it first and then try to prove he was part of a ring we would have more credibility with LE. And that is a big IF. THere are too many suspects and not enough hard evidence.

Is your retired LE contact one of Noreen Gosch's circle? If so, he may be no more reliable than Ted Gundersson, (who was an ex FBI agent, and as mad as a march hare).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong