MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone aware if Joy has updated her blog recently?

I don't have a link to it.

Thanks! :seeya:

Mossad, are you using the cheap location disguiser you can get on the internet to disguise your location? I don't know if it disguises your ip address as well. I should look that up. I sense you are from MN. You sure seem to know a lot about our small towns and about the players in this case. It is like playing the hot and cold game. It would be nice if you just let us (or FBI or law enforcement) know exactly what you know about the abduction.

I refuse to let particular posters/spoilers disrupt my focus on a case. I tend to ignore and move on.

You may find it, disturbing and closer than you ever expected, frightening even . . . are you prepared for that?

http://www.destgulch.com/movies/apoc/apoc12.jpg

"The reaches opened before us and closed behind, as if the forest had stepped leisurely across the water to bar the way for our return. We penetrated deeper and deeper into the heart of darkness."

"I raised my head. The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds, and the tranquil waterway leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky--seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness."

Prov. 11:14

We're ready Mossad. Please open up and share your ideas and opinions in a straightforward manner.

We're ready Mossad. Please open up and share your ideas and opinions in a straightforward manner.

The photo Mossad linked to above is from a movie called Appocalypse Now - its based on the book, Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. The quote is from the same book.

What I would like to understand is what the quote and image have to do with Jacob's abduction?

The only conclusion I could come to is that in order to know what became of Jacob, our hearts will have to go to some incredibly dark places. I believe though that Jacob's parents hearts have already been to those dark places. I believe that in not knowing what happened to Jacob, in not either having him back, or having closure, their hearts live -- in that dark place!

Quoting an earlier post of Mossad's from thread #7:

The abductor suffered from eczema, specifically including seborrheic dermatitis, probably from childhood forward. At times, it may have been severe enough to require hospital visits.

Seborrheic dermatitis is not uncommon in early childhood, appearing in babies between two-to-six months of age, and often disappearing around six years of age. Several factors, including hormone levels and nutritional deficits, among others, are associated with the condition. The possible hormonal link may explain why the condition can appear in infancy, disappear spontaneously, then reappear more prominently after puberty.

In adolescents and adults, this skin condition usually presents as mild to marked erythema of the nasolabial fold during times of stress or sleep deprivation. The latter type tends to affect men more often than women and often is precipitated by emotional stress. This condition is apparent in photographs of the abductor.
Eczema or dermatitis occurring elsewhere on the body also causes skin to become chronically dry, rough, or like sandpaper.
Prov. 11:14

Mossad - are you thinking that perhaps the perp in at least one of the paynesville cases had his face blacked out in order to conceal his Eczema or dermatitis? Perhaps because that would make him easier to identify if he were caught?

Mossad's link above (to the image from Appocalypse Now) includes the words:

dest (which either translates to "the" or may be a short form for "destitute)
I'll note that there are movie stills available at destitute gulch as a side note, and to suggest perhaps we need not read so much into everything....

and
Gulch

That may be purely a coincidence, or not, but a gulch is usually a ravine, carved out by torrent. A torrent in modern day language can be a means to download a file, eg: via peer to peer file sharing (such as at kickasstorrents.com or thepiratebay.com). Files being shared are often music, videos, books, software, photos etc. I do not know if either site I suggested above are portals for pedophiles exchanging kiddie *advertiser censored*, though it would not surprise me in the least.

Further research showed me that there are some areas in MN known as a gulch eg:
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_forests/facilities/cmp00037/index.html

Not sure at all if any of that might somehow relate to Jacob or if you (Mossad) think it does. Its probably a long shot on my part, but at least it shows that I'm paying attn if nothing else. So? Anyone have any ideas if it might or how it might all link to Jacob?

To me, I think he is saying that we are wading into scary territory. Pedophile groups are not nice people and some have important connections. The "vibe" of evil is evident. But I am not going to dwell too much on the darkness of hearts book. He may be moving us away from answers somehow.

The photo Mossad linked to above is from a movie called Appocalypse Now - its based on the book, Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. The quote is from the same book.

What I would like to understand is what the quote and image have to do with Jacob's abduction?

The only conclusion I could come to is that in order to know what became of Jacob, our hearts will have to go to some incredibly dark places. I believe though that Jacob's parents hearts have already been to those dark places. I believe that in not knowing what happened to Jacob, in not either having him back, or having closure, their hearts live -- in that dark place!

Yes. My heart has been darkened to learn of such evil people such as the priests and those who abuse the most innocent and vulnerable.

There will be plenty to pay in eternity. No priest or person can give absolution for this violation of the human spirit no matter how much one thinks they are exempted.

Mossad's link above (to the image from Appocalypse Now) includes the words:

dest (which either translates to "the" or may be a short form for "destitute)
I'll note that there are movie stills available at destitute gulch as a side note, and to suggest perhaps we need not read so much into everything....

and
Gulch

That may be purely a coincidence, or not, but a gulch is usually a ravine, carved out by torrent. A torrent in modern day language can be a means to download a file, eg: via peer to peer file sharing (such as at kickasstorrents.com or thepiratebay.com). Files being shared are often music, videos, books, software, photos etc. I do not know if either site I suggested above are portals for pedophiles exchanging kiddie *advertiser censored*, though it would not surprise me in the least.

Further research showed me that there are some areas in MN known as a gulch eg:
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_forests/facilities/cmp00037/index.html

Not sure at all if any of that might somehow relate to Jacob or if you (Mossad) think it does. Its probably a long shot on my part, but at least it shows that I'm paying attn if nothing else. So? Anyone have any ideas if it might or how it might all link to Jacob?

I think your reading too much into it. LOL. (JMO) The pic is from a site with that abbreviation. That's all. Everything is not a code. ;)

No not everything is a code and I did mention I thought it may be over thinking it but I get points for trying.

Mossad, I wish you would go to police if you know the perp. I am assuming you are saying the person is a Veitnam vet (vv) from Paynesville who has ancestors near the Salem Church, since daughters of Zion translates to Church. They are a relative of the families that originally settled in Zion township Also are you saying that the person is related by a couple of generations back to the person that took Jackie Theel?

I followthis, welcome! Great deductions. It could also mean something about the veteran's park in Paynesville.

A few local posters have commented that they've never heard of the Kay Farms Turkey Farm, where Duane Allen Hart was working when arrested. Well that's because it was never actually a turkey farm. It was and still is a potato farm, located 4 miles northwest of Brooten, MN.

Harry Kay sold the farm sometime in the early 1990's to R D Offutt Company, the largest potato grower in the United States.

Incidentally, it is a 55 mile drive from there to St. Joseph, or 45 miles from Belgrade, where Hart lived at the time, to St. Joseph.

http://www.potatopro.com/companies/rd-offutt-company

In 1989 Minnesota had a population of 4.338 million people. Within 3 months of Jacob's abduction, the FBI had compiled a list of more than 5,000 convicted or suspect child molesters in the state. That's 0.0115% of the population at large.

Duane Allen Hart lived in Belgrade, MN according to several published reports. Belgrade is 34.16 miles from St. Joseph by the way the crow flies. Drawing a radius of 34.16 miles around St. Joseph yields a circle comprising 3,664 square miles of area, or 4.21% of the entire state of Minnesota. That same circle around St. Joseph had a population of 256,775 people in 1989, or 5.92% of the state's population.

Assuming the concentration of pedophiles was relatively consistent across the state, that means statistically speaking there would have been 30 convicted or suspected child molesters living within the same 34.16 mile radius of St. Joseph.

In other words, using a pedophile as a basis for suspects in Jacob's case, Duane Allen Hart would have been just one of 30 pedophiles within that radius from St. Joseph......And, of all of them, he lived the furthest away from St. Joseph.

In 1989 Minnesota had a population of 4.338 million people. Within 3 months of Jacob's abduction, the FBI had compiled a list of more than 5,000 convicted or suspect child molesters in the state. That's 0.0115% of the population at large.

Duane Allen Hart lived in Belgrade, MN according to several published reports. Belgrade is 34.16 miles from St. Joseph by the way the crow flies. Drawing a radius of 34.16 miles around St. Joseph yields a circle comprising 3,664 square miles of area, or 4.21% of the entire state of Minnesota. That same circle around St. Joseph had a population of 256,775 people in 1989, or 5.92% of the state's population.

Assuming the concentration of pedophiles was relatively consistent across the state, that means statistically speaking there would have been 30 convicted or suspected child molesters living within the same 34.16 mile radius of St. Joseph.

In other words, using a pedophile as a basis for suspects in Jacob's case, Duane Allen Hart would have been just one of 30 pedophiles within that radius from St. Joseph......And, of all of them, he lived the furthest away from St. Joseph.

Correction - 5,000 convicted or suspected pedos is actually 0.115% of the population at the time.

There were probably more than 30 just at St. John's. Add in the halfway house, and the offenders we know about - not such a safe place to raise kids. Still, a pedophile driving a half hour in search for boys is not unheard of either.

DAH seems to have had plenty of boys. Not sure why he would take the time and trouble to drive anywhere to get boys when he seemed to have access right where he was. I don't think a chemically dependent person like him has a lot of planning and gumption.

All of those are convicted ones.

All of them were not convicted, at one time.

So who knows how many new ones were brewing

A few local posters have commented that they've never heard of the Kay Farms Turkey Farm, where Duane Allen Hart was working when arrested. Well that's because it was never actually a turkey farm. It was and still is a potato farm, located 4 miles northwest of Brooten, MN.

Harry Kay sold the farm sometime in the early 1990's to R D Offutt Company, the largest potato grower in the United States.

Incidentally, it is a 55 mile drive from there to St. Joseph, or 45 miles from Belgrade, where Hart lived at the time, to St. Joseph.

http://www.potatopro.com/companies/rd-offutt-company

That makes no sense. It's labeled "Kay Farms Turkey Farm" but it never was a turkey farm? It's a potato farm? The two are diametrically opposed to each other. Not only by name but also by function. Turkey farms are specific in their housing of turkeys-very localized. Potatoes are characterized by vast acreage + irrigations systems. Distance from Brooten to St Joseph is independent of turkeys + potatoes.

ELOCsoul,

I realize turkey barns may exist on potato land harmoniously....so really just looking for clarification on 'Kay Farms Turkey Farm'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam