MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes no sense. It's labeled "Kay Farms Turkey Farm" but it never was a turkey farm? It's a potato farm? The two are diametrically opposed to each other. Not only by name but also by function. Turkey farms are specific in their housing of turkeys-very localized. Potatoes are characterized by vast acreage + irrigations systems. Distance from Brooten to St Joseph is independent of turkeys + potatoes.

Welcome back cGorg! I'm really not sure what you're asking here, so I'll start from the start.

Media reports from 1990 stated that DAH was arrested at Kay Farms, a turkey farm near Brooten. Some posters, myself included, tried to find out where this farm was located exactly but could find nothing online.

Last week I was able to find out from folks in nearby Belgrade that Kay Farms was never a turkey farm, but was actually a potato farm. In the early 1990's it changed hands and is now the R D Offutt Potato farm - which explains why we couldn't find the Kay Farm online. Not a huge difference either way, just an update to correct information reported by the media back in 1990.

Hope this helps.

ELOCsoul...thanks!

Yes, that helps. Now I understand. I tried googling Kay Farms as well and couldn't get anywhere and was confused by your post but now makes sense. Thank you

If you use google to find RDO farms near Brooten, MN (at this address: Offutt Rd Co
25785 120th Ave, Brooten, MN) it shows a map. You can click on the map and go to satellite and it shows you nothing but a huge field of potatoes. ;) No buildings at all.

I thought originally back when it was Kay Farms it might have been a turkey farm, and then when he sold it in 1990, it became a potato farm, but I guess not. I think the confusion is because DAH was said to be working on a turkey farm at one point, when he was younger and molesting these boys. Perhaps that was a different turkey farm near Belgrade.

I've been reading the thread on here called "link between Johnny G, other Iowa boys, and Jacob W?" which is found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43340&highlight=sam+soda
under the Johnny Gosch threads.

Jacob's name keeps coming up as another possible boy abducted by this pedo ring in various things I read online. I am wondering about Sam Soda, who was supposedly first a private investigator hired by Noreen Gosch, and later was accused of being in the room when Johnny was being abused.

What makes me wonder is this...

samsoda.jpg

Similar look (especially if you imagine him with a hat on), with large ears.

Also... Johnny Gosch was taken in a blue car. Jared was taken in a blue car. This sketch was done from Jared's memories. An official credible source says that Sam Soda was in St. Cloud (working with Ruan Trucking at Fingerhut) the weekend Jacob was abducted.

It seems possible that this could all be connected.

My article just said "Kay Farms".

I apologize, I was mistaken about the reference to the farm being a turkey farm being from a newspaper article. The references were actually in posts by fellow sleuthers here on WS. Several posts mentioned that DAH worked on a turkey farm.

Would such Persons, for example, resort to encrypted Torah codes to try to arrive at answers by some sort of dubious divination? Who are such Persons and why, despite their decades-long efforts, does the missing person’s case nevertheless remain unresolved?

What kind of person will it take to explain this case?

'The only way to lose hope is to give it away'

"Shared information is invaluable in keeping Jacob's Hope alive." - 6/22/90

Hello, I was 13 years old and lived in Willmar Mn when the abduction of Jacob happened. Ever since the case has been fresh in my memory because it has yet to be solved. Today for the first time I drove to the site of the abduction and couldn't believe what I saw there. My thoughts about the site-

Number one, this place is way too rural for any stranger to be hunting kids at 9 15 on a sunday night. You would really have to get directions before finding this place even. It's not a place you just happen to drive by.

Number two, a stranger wouldn't have used someone elses driveway to park and hunt kids in a area like this at 9 15 on a sunday night. There more than likely would have been no chance at all of kids being anywhere. There never was a vehicle.

Number three, I get an eerie feeling from the farm just knowing there is a 50 year old man still living there with his parents.

All signs are pointing to Daniel Rassier

34 year old single man home alone, his parents are in Europe the night of the abduction. Was he lonely, scared, fed up with life? This is the only guy that makes sense as to who did this that night.

welcome Sasquatch! Great first post! It is a pretty rural and isolated area. Small town where mostly everyone knows everyone. The kidnapper was taking a risk with two witnesses too. We just need to find hard evidence of any and all the claims.

I've been reading the thread on here called "link between Johnny G, other Iowa boys, and Jacob W?" which is found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43340&highlight=sam+soda
under the Johnny Gosch threads.

Jacob's name keeps coming up as another possible boy abducted by this pedo ring in various things I read online. I am wondering about Sam Soda, who was supposedly first a private investigator hired by Noreen Gosch, and later was accused of being in the room when Johnny was being abused.

What makes me wonder is this...

samsoda.jpg

Similar look (especially if you imagine him with a hat on), with large ears.

Also... Johnny Gosch was taken in a blue car. Jared was taken in a blue car. This sketch was done from Jared's memories. An official credible source says that Sam Soda was in St. Cloud (working with Ruan Trucking at Fingerhut) the weekend Jacob was abducted.

It seems possible that this could all be connected.

shergal...is the pic of Sam Soda or of George Paul Bishop? johnnygoschtruth.blogspot.com/2009/01/george-paul-bishop.html‎

Fingerhut....is that where the Wetterlings ordered the pizza from?

I apologize, I was mistaken about the reference to the farm being a turkey farm being from a newspaper article. The references were actually in posts by fellow sleuthers here on WS. Several posts mentioned that DAH worked on a turkey farm.

no biggee....would be interesting to know though exactly where he worked if he had access to the boys he assaulted.

I know there is a Fingerhut security firm. There is also a Fingerhut retail company.

I know there is a Fingerhut security firm. There is also a Fingerhut retail company.

Fingerhut was a retail company, quite a large operation in the area. In fact they were expanding their distribution warehouse in 1989. I've often wondered if the rash if kidnapping attempts in the area could have been by a short term construction worker. That could explain why the abduction attempts stopped shortly afterwards.

Fingerhut...oops...I'm embarassingly way off on that one!
Short term construction worker...could this be in the area north of DR's farm where a new neighborhood was being constructed? I think MarioV alluded to this.

shergal...is the pic of Sam Soda or of George Paul Bishop? johnnygoschtruth.blogspot.com/2009/01/george-paul-bishop.html‎

Your link didn't work for me, cGorg, but I got into the site and found this:
http://www.johnnygoschtruth.blogspot.com/

The top pic is George Paul Bishop. 3rd pic down is the one I used, by the article about Sam Soda. They do look similar, so I'm not sure, I'll see if I can find some other pics of Sam Soda.

Fingerhut...oops...I'm embarassingly way off on that one!
Short term construction worker...could this be in the area north of DR's farm where a new neighborhood was being constructed? I think MarioV alluded to this.

That was funny, cGorg. But no, Fingerhut is not like Pizza Hut. ;)

I made a map so you can see distances. The old Fingerhut site is approx. 6 miles from the abduction site. The blue line shows directions for driving, locations are in yellow, town names are in red. I hope it's big enough to see.
stJoe2Fingerhut.jpg

Fingerhut is no longer at that location. They do still have offices and warehouses on Ridgewood Road in St. Cloud (further east across the Sauk River from their old location). Fingerhut deals in online and catalog sales. At the old location they used to have a "store" where members could purchase both new and returned catalog goods at very low prices. They also had offices and warehouses there originally. Fingerhut closed their doors here in 2002.
http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/200201/16_catlinb_fingerhut/stcloud.shtml

shergal...thx for the map! 2 things I noticed:

1. St Cloud Ice Arena just north of Old Fingerhut Area. Can't remember is this is where Jacob played hockey?
2. Mossad's map of Tornado Alley....the yellow path on the eastern edge of this map extends very close to the Old Fingerhut Area

I did not know who DAH was. all I could remember from the past was that the media said a man who worked on a TURKEY farm and who had molested lots of boys was dismissed as the oerp.

I know for 99% that the media said it was a turkey farm. They said he was a laborer.

I was so excited because I thought he was the one. So it was etched in my memory. No name was given in the articles I read years ago.

The name was because of ELOC's search.

So I have no idea why it was reported as a turkey farm.

Maybe to protect the farm from unwanted attention?

Or perhaps he did work at turkey farms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member