MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Shay, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Sasquatch321

Sasquatch321 Well-Known Member

So I watched a few youtube videos on this case and learned that Josh's roomate also had gone to a party that night but not the same one as Josh, and his roomate returned to their room that night and noticed Josh was gone but the roomate didn't sound an alarm until the next day. Well this is concerning because if I'm right this is the same roommate that deleted countless files from Joshuas computer after sounding the alarm the next day that Joshua was now missing. So has this roommate been completely cleared in this case? Do we know anything more about him? Did him and Josh possibly have an altercation when they returned home intoxicated from their parties?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    human, dotr, Tippy Lynn and 1 other person like this.

2. Sasquatch321

So I watched a few youtube videos on this case and learned that Josh's roomate also had gone to a party that night but not the same one as Josh, and his roomate returned to their room that night and noticed Josh was gone but the roomate didn't sound an alarm until the next day. Well this is concerning because if I'm right this is the same roommate that deleted countless files from Joshuas computer after sounding the alarm the next day that Joshua was now missing. So has this roommate been completely cleared in this case? Do we know anything more about him? Did him and Josh possibly have an altercation when they returned home intoxicated from their parties?

Kittej13 and dotr like this.
  3. Kittej13

Kittej13 Member

Last night during my break at work I looked another thread from his personal site. There were some very interesting things talked about. There was also talk about a fake I.D ring. This was the first I had read anything about this.

human and dotr like this.
  4. brown

brown Member

there was evidence found of a fake id program on josh's computer after the family got a computer forensics expert to examine the computer. stearns county said they examined his computer and found nothing. the family contacted a news station and they hired the forensics expert. we do not know if the program belonged to josh or to someone else. someone accessed joshs computer after he went missing. I believe the forensic person said it was the roommate. the news station asked the roommate for a comment and he declined.

windrower, human, Tippy Lynn and 3 others like this.
  5. Sasquatch321

Deleting evidence of a silly fake ID ring should have been the least of the roommates concerns. Why are you doing that in the panic of a missing person? We really don't know eniugh here.

windrower, human, Tippy Lynn and 2 others like this.
  6. Kittej13

Kittej13 Member

Last night during my break at work I looked another thread from his personal site. There were some very interesting things talked about. There was also talk about a fake I.D ring. This was the first I had read anything about this.

dotr likes this.
  7. Kittej13

Kittej13 Member

I was able to get a hold of my friend. What he told me was interesting. He actually had a class with josh . He said that there was one investigator that was there about a day after the it came to light he had disappeared. After one of the investigators was there asking my friend said he was never seen again. But the next day the place was crawling with police. He also said the investigator asked the students to not talk about it because it could upset the family. I have 4 people who I know went to St. John’s during this time including a cousin . I’m still waiting to hear from him

windrower, ThePhantom, human and 3 others like this.
  8. Kittej13

Kittej13 Member

9. Kittej13

Kittej13 Member

Just to clarify because it really doesn’t read smooth!

my friend stated : there was one investigator that was there and was asking tons of questions. My friend said his line of questions seemed odd. My friend then said after that day he never saw the investor again . The following day he said it was crawling with cops.
    My cousin got back to me . Since he lived off campus the only thing he saw when he was on campus was lots of law enforcement and he witnessed the search crews.

windrower, ThePhantom, human and 2 others like this.
  10. Kittej13

Kittej13 Member

I have heard some accounts that he had a recent break up. The you tube special I watched mentions a break up but says they remained friends. It would be nice for verification. One thing I read was they had dated for 5 years . I have never came across a name of her it would be nice to see if she was interviewed by police . I’m curious if they spoke with her about something he may have said or told someone he was worried about something. When it’s been this long a fresh start might be needed in this investigation.

ThePhantom, Tippy Lynn, human and 2 others like this.
  11. Sasquatch321

The only thing that can save this case is physically searching the lakes and woods or a confession. Both aren't being done. I also believe that there may be a big misconception about Joshuas disappearance. The story of his disappearance reads as he left a party to go to the bathroom and that he was also returning to his dorm. But that is just a guess, the fact is noone really knows why or where Joshua was going. We have to look on the beaten path but we also have to look off the beaten path. We need searchers.

dotr, Shay and Tippy Lynn like this.
  12. ThePhantom

ThePhantom Well-Known Member

Josh's girlfriend was Katie Benson. I'm sure she was interviewed by the police. Apparently there was no animosity between the two, though I don't know how Josh handled the break up. Another interesting aspect to this case is that Josh was writing a paper about the extensive long term history of sexual abuse on the campus of St. John's University in Collegeville. A number of accused monks remained (and remain) on the campus, and their names can be found on www.behindthepinecurtain.com I am guessing you are probably already aware of this info, but I thought I would include it just in case.

13. ThePhantom

14. ThePhantom

15. Sasquatch321

Stearns County investigators have failed to move further in this case. The answer is for them to concede their work and hand over the case files to Guimonds team of private investigators. We are at that point where you gotta throw a hail mary.

windrower, dotr, ThePhantom and 2 others like this.
  16. Sasquatch321

"In the hours after Guimond disappeared, and on subsequent days, someone erased items from his computer hard drive. It isn't clear who did this or whether the erasure is connected to his disappearance. Some of the information that was erased, and later recovered, was about making fake identification cards."

Until the case files are released we will never advance on this evidence.

Tippy Lynn and dotr like this.
  17. DarkJodo

DarkJodo Well-Known Member

I can confirm that the fake ID's were never deleted or recovered. They have simply stayed on Joshua's hard drive since his freshman year. Also, the IDs were only of Joshua's roommates at the time.

windrower, Tippy Lynn, dotr and 2 others like this.
  18. Sasquatch321

Then what was deleted and why? Why is it happening as Josh goes missing?

windrower, Tippy Lynn and dotr like this.
  19. windrower

windrower Well-Known Member

Interesting about an investigator who is on campus asking odd questions, as well as telling the students not to talk to the Josh’s family about the situation, and never seen again by at least that one student.

Was that investigator really LE, or someone just claiming to be LE in order to get information?

Kittej13, would your friend possibly remember the name of the investigator? Or maybe that should be “investigator.” Seems a bit hinky. IMO

Tippy Lynn, dotr and ThePhantom like this.
  20. Sasquatch321

Since he was asking students not to talk with family members about the situation this guy could have actually been working for the monks as an informant. They run a pretty strong cult out there.