MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

Shay

Reaction score
Josh Guimond disappeared on November 9, 2002 after leaving a campus party at St. John's University, Collegeville, Minnesota. Josh did not take his car or his glasses, and his credit cards have not been used. Dive teams have determined he is not in any of the nearby bodies of water.

Please visit Josh's website at: www.findjoshua.com

Almost three years have passed and there has been no leads in this case :(

Thread #1 - MN - MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

Last edited by a moderator:
How do we know there is no way in hell that this is Dan Rassier? For the record, I believe that Dan Rassier is completely innocent, and not involved in anyone's disappearance whatsoever. That being said...

Dan Rassier was employed at the time by St. John's university since 1997 as an adjunct music professor and an avid marathon runner. He would have a good enough reason as anyone to be on a 7 mile run from his house to workplace.

I just want to know how you came to the conclusion that "there is no way in hell this is Dan Rassier".

I guess I'm just cutting the guy some slack. Imo Dan doesn't run around midnight on a saturday night. So who was? Isn't it something that by releasing this tip the jogger hasn't come forward to help the case? Dan surely heard about this, and would have come forward. I'd like to talk to the guy that called this tip in and see if he can remember a little more, like did it seem like a student or a more mature adult.

Last edited:
LE at the time was possibly too focused on connecting this tip to Dan Rassier. Did they summon all track teams to the gym of St. Johns to ask if one of them could help resolve this tip?

LE at the time was possibly too focused on connecting this tip to Dan Rassier. Did they summon all track teams to the gym of St. Johns to ask if one of them could help resolve this tip?

LE at the time, and still today, believes that Josh is in Stumpf Lake. This never changed. They never tried to connect anything to Dan Rassier. They won’t admit that Josh could have been met with foul play that night. Their stance has always been that he was in the water, or sank in the mud.

Precisely. Which is way Josh’s case hasn’t been solved and has no chance of being solved unless someone with a conscience steps forward and provides information and/or someone is able to find evidence. If Josh’s body was possibly incinerated, we have zero chance of finding evidence unless someone speaks up. Likewise if Josh was taken to one of those cabins - how coukd anyone have known to check it out when the police et all never asked for
alibis from the in house sex offenders?

LE at the time, and still today, believes that Josh is in Stumpf Lake. This never changed. They never tried to connect anything to Dan Rassier. They won’t admit that Josh could have been met with foul play that night. Their stance has always been that he was in the water, or sank in the mud.

I'm not impressed with your evaluation. It's not true.

Posted by The Phantom one page back'

"You could put (Guimond) anywhere on the range of possibilities, including murder or any possibility. It's wide open," Weiss said. "So are their suspects? We can't close the door on any reason for his disappearance."

Early on the case led investigators to search the lakes surrounding campus, but no evidence was ever found. They considered abduction scenarios, random drifter theories and even entertained the idea that a serial-killer was traveling the country killing college students and dumping their bodies in nearby lakes, rivers and streams.

Investigators questioned links between the case and other area disappearances and murders, with multiple investigations intersecting at various points in time.

This is just one comment, do you need 10 more?

Last edited:
How can some of you admit to yourselves that only a monk did this? You tried to do it in the Wetterling case too, selling it real hard. We know how that turned out. But if you want truth, everything has and is continued to be looked at because really, both you and they have a big pile of nothing. Noone is further than day one.

A reminder of how thoroughly those lakes were searched -- a shame that same level of thoroughness was not applied to the abbey, campus, tunnels, etc.: As Trident goes, TV crew comes to St. John’s | Maple Lake Messenger

Already proved you can literally be right on top of a body in water and miss it. Regardless of the tech you have and regardless of a dive team.

LE hovered over Jesse Dadys body for five days before an outside team came in and worked with LE to cover an area they already searched and found him.

If you can imagine a college campus anywhere, that is St John's. This campus is unique, however, in that it includes a Prep School with dorm, College, ( with several dorms) Seminary and Graduate School and Monastery. Some Monks live in dorms as prefects. No one monitors or has control over what all these folks do. ( except the Prep school ). Today all doors are locked from 10PM to 7AM. You need a special key to access these areas during that time. Not sure what the door situation was where Josh lived.

Posted by The Phantom one page back'

"You could put (Guimond) anywhere on the range of possibilities, including murder or any possibility. It's wide open," Weiss said. "So are their suspects? We can't close the door on any reason for his disappearance."

Early on the case led investigators to search the lakes surrounding campus, but no evidence was ever found. They considered abduction scenarios, random drifter theories and even entertained the idea that a serial-killer was traveling the country killing college students and dumping their bodies in nearby lakes, rivers and streams.

Investigators questioned links between the case and other area disappearances and murders, with multiple investigations intersecting at various points in time.

This is just one comment, do you need 10 more?

"Joshua must have fallen into a swampy area of the campus."
-John Sanner, Nov 2004

"There is no indication of foul play"
Sherriff Jim Kostreba Nov 15, 2002

"Josh's body may be snagged on a branch and has yet to surface. Its also possible Guimond fell into a thick, swampy area nearby and got pulled under."
John Sanner Nov 8, 2002

"The most likely scenario is Guimond wandered away from the party and either fell into a body of water on campus, or is in one of the low-lying swampy areas on campus."
John Sanner May 1,2004

"The most likely scenario is Guimond wandered away from the party and either fell into a body of water on campus, or is in one of the low-lying swampy areas on campus."
John Sanner June 12,2004

"Sheriff Officials believe Guimond accidentally fell into either Stumpf or Gemini after leaving a party at Metten Court on campus"
April 2, 2003

John Sanner April 13,2003

John Sanner May 9,2004

"There is nothing to indicate that a crime has been committed."
John Sanner Nov 9 2003

"Investigators have said the most likely scenario is that Guimond fell into one of the lakes on campus while walking home from the party"
April 30, 2003

"Stearns County Sheriff John Sanner said there is no evidence that anyone, on or off the St. John’s campus, was involved in Joshua’s disappearance."
March 24, 2004

These are all quotes from various newspapers, printed for everyone to see. Does it sound like John Sanner and the Stearns County Sheriff Department is truly believes that Josh was abducted? And is actively looking into it??

Shocking thing is - I only took quotes from years 2003 - 2004. There are at least a hundred more.

I don't have a link at the moment, but I do recall that Josh's Dad, Brian, had a karst study done of the area around St. John's, just to make sure the possibility of Joshua having "sunk in the mud" was marginal at best. Look, what happened to Josh was not an innocent thing. Personally, I feel he was targeted, stalked and probably set up to meet a horrible destiny the night he went missing. And I truly hope I am wrong but in this case, I don't think so. p.s. I never thought a monk went after Jacob. However, I did have my eye on someone who it is clear now had nothing to do with Jacob's disappearance (not talking about Mr Rassier; I knew they were digging for naught, but I still can't figure out how they ignored Heinrich at the terrible expense of Dan Rassier). And the *only reason* I ever looked into this other person was because I* never knew *that the Stearn's County sheriff's dept. was well aware of Danny Heinrich as being a potential suspect. I had no idea.

LE, concede your investigation. It is in your best interest not to give us your resources anymore. These people, the public, got you pinned. You will never convince them you are working this case. Concede to their team now. They are on top of it more than you.

This is probably unnecessary for most here, but I feel it is important to grasp as fully as possible exactly why some of us believe and have believed from the very start that Josh's disappearance and most likely murder occurred as a result of an attack by a sociopathic sexual deviant. You need to understand the depth and breadth of this behavior, along with the cover ups/justifications/rationalizations and intransigent attitudes that have allowed this criminal activity (sexual molestation) to continue for so long.Gay nudist retreat in Collegeville cancelled?

I don't have a link at the moment, but I do recall that Josh's Dad, Brian, had a karst study done of the area around St. John's, just to make sure the possibility of Joshua having "sunk in the mud" was marginal at best. Look, what happened to Josh was not an innocent thing. Personally, I feel he was targeted, stalked and probably set up to meet a horrible destiny the night he went missing. And I truly hope I am wrong but in this case, I don't think so. p.s. I never thought a monk went after Jacob. However, I did have my eye on someone who it is clear now had nothing to do with Jacob's disappearance (not talking about Mr Rassier; I knew they were digging for naught, but I still can't figure out how they ignored Heinrich at the terrible expense of Dan Rassier). And the *only reason* I ever looked into this other person was because I* never knew *that the Stearn's County sheriff's dept. was well aware of Danny Heinrich as being a potential suspect. I had no idea.

They were in his face in the beginning. We know its you We know its you We know its you. Dan Heinrich "No its not, No its not, No its not.". You really believe this case was that easy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back