MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

My main concern is why the medical examiner was even involved at all in this “death investigation”. The medical examiner is only involved when a body is present. It is beyond bizarre that this memo was written by him.

Oh - and this same exact examiner is under investigation for falsifying information in court to collaborate SCSO and othe LE narratives. Suddenly this memo make a little more sense...
-------------------------------------------------
It sure does make sense now, DarkJodo! My take on this little piece of "official documentation" is that it was a sort of collusion with the sheriff's department, to wit, "Yup, in all likelihood Josh is in the water so here you go I'm going to confirm your hunch with this official statement." Shoddy, unprofessional, inappropriate and insulting to the Guimond family and even the public at large. Sheriff and medical examiner had no proof whatsoever to promote that theory and were even advised by Trident to pursue another route of inquiry -- which they eventually did when pressured by the Guimond family. So much valuable time lost -- maybe that was the whole idea.

Yes - law enforcement likes to claim that a Pope County search dog traced Josh to the lake - over and over you will hear this by SCSO. But the fact is - in the original report, his scent was traced to the roadway, not directly to the water, which is why this original dog handler reported that it would be a possibility that Josh got into a vehicle at that point.

Like I said, Sas, SCSO was so convinced that Josh was in that water. They were the ones quoted in the papers about this. Not once did they mention the possibility that Josh was anywhere but the water early in the case.
---------------------------------------------------
And you know, so many young college age men have been found in the water, especially after a night of drinking. People were aware of that and I can understand how someone outside of the Collegeville community might lean in that direction. But when people know that a long list of prolific sex offenders live right there where Josh went missing, and willfully ignore that fact to fastidiously hold onto the idea he is in water -- something stinks.

Sometimes I wonder how it's possible that some "men of the cloth" are so breathtakingly adept at compartmentalizing and justifying their sins. This includes the idea that confessions are considered sacrosant, even if it means an innocent soul was affected and left with not a scintilla of earthly justice. DarkJodo you've probably already seen this, but it bears repeating that Josh's sudden disappearance from that campus deeply affected more than just his poor parents and family. Following link is to a prayer one of Josh's friends wrote, in of all things, a church sponsored book of prayer. It at once breaks my heart but adds to my ire of the hypocrisy that permeates the church...
Prayer in All Things

I took a moment to read about one (out of God knows how many) heartbreaking case that originated in St. John's. I came across it while doing some research, and it reminded me, once again, how myopic and inappropriate it would have been to start looking in the water before the abby. A year after son's suicide, parents seek change at St. John's

Here is a look at the Internet Washer site that someone used to erase files off of Josh's computer, if anyone is interested:

nIJhFji.png

FhsLWTO.gif

2JRTMym.gif

k9C4EYo.gif

VmXUVIN.gif

Not sure if any of this is useful information now...

Here is a look at the Internet Washer site that someone used to erase files off of Josh's computer, if anyone is interested:

nIJhFji.png

FhsLWTO.gif

2JRTMym.gif

k9C4EYo.gif

VmXUVIN.gif

Not sure if any of this is useful information now...

Unless I'm missing something I know nothing more has ever come of this evidence. Who did it and why?

Unless I'm missing something I know nothing more has ever come of this evidence. Who did it and why?

This is one of the more intriguing aspects of Josh's story. On 11/11/02, or 2 days after Josh went missing, someone logged on to Josh's personal computer using Josh's roommate's login info. They went to the site above, and washed approximately 300 files. No one knows exactly what was deleted, why or even who really did this.

This info came to light when the hard drive was first forensically inspected (not SCSO).

This is one of the more intriguing aspects of Josh's story. On 11/11/02, or 2 days after Josh went missing, someone logged on to Josh's personal computer using Josh's roommate's login info. They went to the site above, and washed approximately 300 files. No one knows exactly what was deleted, why or even who really did this.

This info came to light when the hard drive was first forensically inspected (not SCSO).

Well I am going to say that it is a very serious issue.

I'd like to know what everyone's thoughts are about the info that was washed from the computer. Did Josh's disappearance take someone off guard such that they panicked thinking that his computer might be checked and this would be found -- even though it wasn't connected in any way to his disappearance? Or, did someone erase it because it *is* in some way related. Was Josh and/or "someone" -- who -- his roommate or ? involved with unsavory characters that may have been responsible for Josh's disappearance? Should we be giving this aspect of the case more serious consideration? I'm not familiar with computer forensics but, would it have been possible to somehow trace who else was involved with this information?

It was my understanding that either josh's oommate or a friend deleted stuff off Josh's computer because of the fake ID ring they were running. What happened to that?

Last edited:
I wonder if the computer still exists and with today’s technology if they could find sonething

The computer does still exist, and it has been through several rounds of data recovery vendors. Once early on with someone from SCSU, once a little later by Patrick Marker, and the most recent in 2011 by a forensic data recovery service compforensics.com. These are the only times I could find that went through data recovery.

Note that SCSO had Josh’s computer and most likely had a copy of it. Whether they can pull washed data from that or not is questionable.

It was my understanding that either josh's oommate or a friend deleted stuff off Josh's computer because of the fake ID ring they were running. What happened to that?

Correct. Evidence of the fake ID software was recovered early on. I hesitate calling it a “ring” because the only fake IDs that we’re made were literally only made for Josh’s friends and people known on campus. The only ID not traced to a known person is an ID for “Quincy Jones”, which very well could have been the default template used by the ID photo editing software.

These files were recovered easily early in the investigation, therefore, was NOT likely included in the Internet Washer data dump. Anything that the Internet Washer deleted would be incredibly hard to recover, even with today’s technology.

When encountered by Brian Guimond and a private investigator, a friend of Josh’s, (not roommate) Alex Jude stated “We deleted all of that” when questioned about the fake IDs.

In my opinion, the fake IDs have always been an interesting twist in Josh’s story, but I believe that it has nothing to do with his disappearance. If Josh’s computer did ever hold any evidence of his whereabouts, it would have probably been included in that Internet Washer data dump, because someone knew what they were doing when they used a program like that, and very little has been recovered from that portion.

Correct. Evidence of the fake ID software was recovered early on. I hesitate calling it a “ring” because the only fake IDs that we’re made were literally only made for Josh’s friends and people known on campus. The only ID not traced to a known person is an ID for “Quincy Jones”, which very well could have been the default template used by the ID photo editing software.

These files were recovered easily early in the investigation, therefore, was NOT likely included in the Internet Washer data dump. Anything that the Internet Washer deleted would be incredibly hard to recover, even with today’s technology.

When encountered by Brian Guimond and a private investigator, a friend of Josh’s, (not roommate) Alex Jude stated “We deleted all of that” when questioned about the fake IDs.

In my opinion, the fake IDs have always been an interesting twist in Josh’s story, but I believe that it has nothing to do with his disappearance. If Josh’s computer did ever hold any evidence of his whereabouts, it would have probably been included in that Internet Washer data dump, because someone knew what they were doing when they used a program like that, and very little has been recovered from that portion.

Given that you knew all of this obviously, why did you present this subject earlier to us in such minimal fashion? Are you trying to get us all riled up?

Given that you knew all of this obviously, why did you present this subject earlier to us in such minimal fashion? Are you trying to get us all riled up?

I thought this was pretty universally known about Josh’s case. I only shared the screenshots because as a long-time forum lurker, I remembered that author Rob Ebben requested help from this forum in finding the actual Internet Washer website, and I don’t believe we delivered. That’s all.

What new revelations came out of this for you, Sas?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back