MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

I believe that the accounts most likely had nothing to do with his disappearance.

Josh’s roommates and best friends did not know of the accounts.

Josh’s computer was not wiped by a roommate or friend.

Josh’s scent was never tracked to the shoreline of the lake. A cadaver dog made indication in the water which is totally different.

Josh’s scent was never tracked to the shoreline of the lake. A cadaver dog made indication in the water which is totally different.

I think you're trying to get too technical about this. If the dog is right, the shoreline would have been involved and would be where Josh's possible accident occurred. Remember the shorelines around Stumpf lake are steep or sloped. It all connects as a final path.

"It was reported in the newspaper that a search dog led officers to the lake after being given a scent of Guimond's clothing"

Last edited:
"It was reported in the newspaper that a search dog led officers to the lake after being given a scent of Guimond's clothing"

That very same search dog led officers to the middle of the culvert, where the handler stated that Josh either fell into the water here, or entered a vehicle. As you know, Sas, this particular location is several feet away from the shoreline (at least 20 ft), lined with heavy brush, and nowhere near the water.

This was the only credible scent dog that has ever been quoted since it was the only dog used on day 1 of the search, and he followed Josh’s scent on a road. Not the water. Not the shoreline. The sidewalk on a road.

That very same search dog led officers to the middle of the culvert, where the handler stated that Josh either fell into the water here, or entered a vehicle. As you know, Sas, this particular location is several feet away from the shoreline (at least 20 ft), lined with heavy brush, and nowhere near the water.

This was the only credible scent dog that has ever been quoted since it was the only dog used on day 1 of the search, and he followed Josh’s scent on a road. Not the water. Not the shoreline. The sidewalk on a road.

I can't make sense of this, your previous post said a dog only hit on the water which is totally different from a dog leading searchers to a lake. Now you are saying a dog did lead to a culvert but not the shoreline, but that the dog did indicate out on the water, but now you are saying "Not the water". The fact is searchers searched all lakes on campus for a very good reason. Its not this difficult dude.

Is the culvert you're referring to the one in this picture?

Attachments

• Search-Party-Guimond.jpg
    Search-Party-Guimond.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 18
Is the culvert you're referring to the one in this picture?

That is the culvert, but I think what you are misunderstanding is the types of dogs that were used in the search.

There was only one scent tracking dog used. This dog is given an article of the missing person, and attempts to follow the scent trail of that person. St Johns campus has extremely challenging factors to properly utilize these tracking dogs. That’s why only one of them has been referenced in the papers. The day 1 tracking dog was the most credible. This is the dog that lead it’s handler to the sidewalk of the culvert.

The other type of dog that was used, is a cadaver dog, or HRD tracking dogs. These dogs are trained to detect human remains on either land or water. All human remains smell exactly the same. They cannot search for the remains of a specific person. I can count at least 10 cadaver dogs that were used in this search. The picture posted shows one of such dogs.

So the tracking dog made it to the sidewalk on the culvert. The cadaver dogs indicated human remains in the actual water. 2 different dogs, looking for two different things.

As for the quote you keep repeating, it is considering the top of the culvert on the road as “leading officers to the lake”. You and I have both been there, Sas, and we both know that this location isn’t exactly the shoreline.

Hope this clears some thing up for you, Sas.

Last edited:
If the dog hit on the water for a cadaver -- incoming dumb question from the Phantom - then there is a human body in that water -- or part of one --

If the dog hit on the water for a cadaver -- incoming dumb question from the Phantom - then there is a human body in that water -- or part of one --

Short answer: that is what the cadaver dogs have been indicating. I am unable to reveal more at this time.

"As you know, Sas, this particular location is several feet away from the shoreline (at least 20 ft), lined with heavy brush, and nowhere near the water."

Today there is a lot of brush and trees around that culvert but when you look at the picture from 17 years ago, there appears to be only weeds and very open in that area. So anyway I think both dogs could have done their job. Just because stumpf was searched by Stearns and six months later by Trident, doesn't mean Josh can't still be in the water. And just look, we have nothing, absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
"
Today there is a lot of brush and trees around that culvert but when you look at the picture from 17 years ago, there appears to be only weeds and very open in that area.
I just wanted to point out that it only looks that way because SCSO had cut down all the brush in that area at the time so they could easily get down their. It was very much like the brush you see there today.

I just wanted to point out that it only looks that way because SCSO had cut down all the brush in that area at the time so they could easily get down their. It was very much like the brush you see there today.

I remember after the Jesse Dady story happened I got real motivated about what happened to Josh. And without knowing about the two dogs work on it, I went out to saint johns and went straight to that culvert and took a bunch of pictures of it. I believe a very real possibility is Josh stood on that culvert to go to the bathroom but he slipped and rendered him unconsious. Therefore he floated and them sunk in the lake.

I'm opening up my mind here, thinking about all the possibilities -- thinking out loud, as Ed Sheeran might say -- could the perpetrator(s) have somehow put the scent of a body in the water to throw detectives off the track; could there be a dead body in there from long ago -- another victim perhaps, or ?; need to think about this more

I still think the perp may have been a monk and the crime may have not been done solo. I also think it's possible that criminal behavior may have been covered up in the name of piety and sanctity of "confessions." Further, I think it's possible there may have been a bit of collusion involved, i.e. looking the other way by some folks who should have been committed to seeking the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I also believe many of the individuals who knew or had the ability to find answers may no longer be around. I imagine there may be a deep and sincere collective sigh of relief about that among those in the know. I also know I may be dead wrong as I have been before, and that I remain unable to prove a darn thing.

I still think the perp may have been a monk and the crime may have not been done solo. I also think it's possible that criminal behavior may have been covered up in the name of piety and sanctity of "confessions." Further, I think it's possible there may have been a bit of collusion involved, i.e. looking the other way by some folks who should have been committed to seeking the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I also believe many of the individuals who knew or had the ability to find answers may no longer be around. I imagine there may be a deep and sincere collective sigh of relief about that among those in the know. I also know I may be dead wrong as I have been before, and that I remain unable to prove a darn thing.

To be honest anything is possible based on the lack of any good evidence or even a motive.

Does anyone happen to have copies of any news reports videos from 2002 when this happened? I am unable to locate anything from that time.

DarkJodo, I don't have copies. And I would start a search but I can't do any better than what you've already done. However, if you have any ideas of additional searches I could do to help, just let me know. Of course we could probably pursue some of the local television stations, but I don't know if they would cooperate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back