MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

I was able to get a hold of my friend. What he told me was interesting. He actually had a class with josh . He said that there was one investigator that was there about a day after the it came to light he had disappeared. After one of the investigators was there asking my friend said he was never seen again. But the next day the place was crawling with police. He also said the investigator asked the students to not talk about it because it could upset the family. I have 4 people who I know went to St. John’s during this time including a cousin . I’m still waiting to hear from him

Just to clarify because it really doesn’t read smooth!

my friend stated : there was one investigator that was there and was asking tons of questions. My friend said his line of questions seemed odd. My friend then said after that day he never saw the investor again . The following day he said it was crawling with cops.
My cousin got back to me . Since he lived off campus the only thing he saw when he was on campus was lots of law enforcement and he witnessed the search crews.

I have heard some accounts that he had a recent break up. The you tube special I watched mentions a break up but says they remained friends. It would be nice for verification. One thing I read was they had dated for 5 years . I have never came across a name of her it would be nice to see if she was interviewed by police . I’m curious if they spoke with her about something he may have said or told someone he was worried about something. When it’s been this long a fresh start might be needed in this investigation.

The only thing that can save this case is physically searching the lakes and woods or a confession. Both aren't being done. I also believe that there may be a big misconception about Joshuas disappearance. The story of his disappearance reads as he left a party to go to the bathroom and that he was also returning to his dorm. But that is just a guess, the fact is noone really knows why or where Joshua was going. We have to look on the beaten path but we also have to look off the beaten path. We need searchers.

I have heard some accounts that he had a recent break up. The you tube special I watched mentions a break up but says they remained friends. It would be nice for verification. One thing I read was they had dated for 5 years . I have never came across a name of her it would be nice to see if she was interviewed by police . I’m curious if they spoke with her about something he may have said or told someone he was worried about something. When it’s been this long a fresh start might be needed in this investigation.
Josh's girlfriend was Katie Benson. I'm sure she was interviewed by the police. Apparently there was no animosity between the two, though I don't know how Josh handled the break up. Another interesting aspect to this case is that Josh was writing a paper about the extensive long term history of sexual abuse on the campus of St. John's University in Collegeville. A number of accused monks remained (and remain) on the campus, and their names can be found on www.behindthepinecurtain.com I am guessing you are probably already aware of this info, but I thought I would include it just in case.

Stearns County investigators have failed to move further in this case. The answer is for them to concede their work and hand over the case files to Guimonds team of private investigators. We are at that point where you gotta throw a hail mary.

"In the hours after Guimond disappeared, and on subsequent days, someone erased items from his computer hard drive. It isn't clear who did this or whether the erasure is connected to his disappearance. Some of the information that was erased, and later recovered, was about making fake identification cards."

Until the case files are released we will never advance on this evidence.

"In the hours after Guimond disappeared, and on subsequent days, someone erased items from his computer hard drive. It isn't clear who did this or whether the erasure is connected to his disappearance. Some of the information that was erased, and later recovered, was about making fake identification cards."

Until the case files are released we will never advance on this evidence.

I can confirm that the fake ID's were never deleted or recovered. They have simply stayed on Joshua's hard drive since his freshman year. Also, the IDs were only of Joshua's roommates at the time.

I was able to get a hold of my friend. What he told me was interesting. He actually had a class with josh . He said that there was one investigator that was there about a day after the it came to light he had disappeared. After one of the investigators was there asking my friend said he was never seen again. But the next day the place was crawling with police. He also said the investigator asked the students to not talk about it because it could upset the family. I have 4 people who I know went to St. John’s during this time including a cousin . I’m still waiting to hear from him

Just to clarify because it really doesn’t read smooth!

my friend stated : there was one investigator that was there and was asking tons of questions. My friend said his line of questions seemed odd. My friend then said after that day he never saw the investor again . The following day he said it was crawling with cops.
My cousin got back to me . Since he lived off campus the only thing he saw when he was on campus was lots of law enforcement and he witnessed the search crews.

Interesting about an investigator who is on campus asking odd questions, as well as telling the students not to talk to the Josh’s family about the situation, and never seen again by at least that one student.

Was that investigator really LE, or someone just claiming to be LE in order to get information?

Kittej13, would your friend possibly remember the name of the investigator? Or maybe that should be “investigator.” Seems a bit hinky. IMO

He could not remember the name of the person. But I do think there needs to be a fresh look into this case. Some people close to Josh need to be re interviewed. The information I found regarding the lakes seems to be accurate.

New theory

The anonymous midnight jogger is the anonymous investigator. The anonymous jogger has never come forward to reveal himself despite media reportings about the tip.

On April 28, 2003 — five months after Josh’s disappearance — the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department released information that it “received a call from an individual stating that they were driving off campus, just after midnight, on the night Joshua Guimond disappeared and that they saw someone jogging towards campus on County Road 159 wearing bright colored jogging clothing.”

After all of this time, what leads do we have that a monk abducted Joshua?

Well I've compiled that list and here it is-

1. Josh was drafting an essay about clergy sex abuse close to the time he disappeared.

2. A monk was quoted as saying while he knew of Joshua, he did not know him personally.

Anything else in the way of leads?

After all of this time, what leads do we have that a monk abducted Joshua?

Well I've compiled that list and here it is-

1. Josh was drafting an essay about clergy sex abuse close to the time he disappeared.

2. A monk was quoted as saying while he knew of Joshua, he did not know him personally.

Anything else in the way of leads?

3. Josh's dorm apartment prefect was a monk that was credibly accused of sexual misconduct.

4. Metten Court's (apartment where party took place) prefect was a monk that was credibly accused of sexual misconduct.

5. Joshua would likely encounter at least one of the 13 credibly accused monks on a daily basis.

3. Josh's dorm apartment prefect was a monk that was credibly accused of sexual misconduct.

4. Metten Court's (apartment where party took place) prefect was a monk that was credibly accused of sexual misconduct.

5. Joshua would likely encounter at least one of the 13 credibly accused monks on a daily basis.

Well that is not very good though is it? Because like the evidence that Josh could be in one of the lakes has turned up nothing, these leads have gone nowhere as well. It sounds good but nothing is ever happening with it. Where are his roommates and friends backing up these concerns? What has LE done to investigate this? If there is a monk that would abduct and kill and we know who these monks are, why is this case so difficult?

This case is complex, addled by an incompetent initial investigation along with a refusal to thoroughly and meticulously examine the environment from which Josh went missing. This case has been clouded with obfuscation, a refusal to pursue full and complete answers from the St. John's leadership, and an unapolagetic uwillingness on the part of St. John's to provide access to files, information and data that could prove useful in solving this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back