Found Safe MN - Robert William Ramirez, 2, poss abducted, Westport, Pope Co, 17 Mar 2022 *Arrest*

Turkeytrot

Reaction score
Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old

Law enforcement has issued an Amber Alert and is asking for the public’s help in finding a missing 2-year-old boy.

The Pope County Sheriff’s Office says it believes Robert William Ramirez was abducted. Authorities were contacted at around 4:30 a.m. Thursday after the boy went missing near the city of Westport.

Authorities don’t have any known abductor or vehicle information at this time.

The boy was last seen wearing a red, long-sleeve T-shirt and black sweatpants with green stripes. He’s described as Hispanic, around 3 feet tall, 28 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information regarding Ramirez’s whereabouts is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 320-634-5411 or 911.

Attachments

• RobertWilliamRamirezMissing.jpg
    RobertWilliamRamirezMissing.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 18
Law enforcement has issued an Amber Alert and is asking for the public’s help in finding a missing 2-year-old boy.

The Pope County Sheriff’s Office says it believes Robert William Ramirez was abducted. Authorities were contacted at around 4:30 a.m. Thursday after the boy went missing near the city of Westport.

The boy was last seen wearing a red, long-sleeve T-shirt and black sweatpants with green stripes. He’s described as Hispanic, around 3 feet tall, 28 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information regarding Ramirez’s whereabouts is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 320-634-5411 or 911.

RobertWilliamRamirezMissing.jpg

Westport has a population of 42 people!

It seems that could be more helpful.

Since he was noticed to be missing at 4:30 a.m., where was that location? And what are the circumstances where someone would notice he was missing at 4:30 a.m.?

Prayers he's found soon.

4.30 am! Taken from his home then, maybe.

Just went to Broadcastify (they don't appear to have a feed) but the time they're stating for the Amber Alert in real time is 16.53, which is 4.53 p.m.

Wonder if there's been a misprint on their missing post.

ETA: Having said that, it could just be the last time the alert was read out from dispatch.

Last edited:
Pope County MN Sheriff's Office
1 hr ago

The Pope County Sheriff’s Office appreciates all offers from the public to assist with ground searches for Robert. At this time however, based all information obtained at this point in the investigation, investigators don’t believe the child wandered away on their own. Investigators are working hard following up on tips. Should information develop that ground searches are necessary we will appreciate the public’s help at that time.

Just went to Broadcastify (they don't appear to have a feed) but the time they're stating for the Amber Alert in real time is 16.53, which is 4.53 p.m.

ETA: Having said that, it could just be the last time the alert was read out from dispatch.

PM vs AM would make more sense to me based on the clothes he was wearing, though. Unless he fell asleep in those.

Not many details at all to go on, but very concerned for this little guy.

I’m very familiar with this area. Husband grew up just a stones throw from there. Alexandria is typically the main shopping area. It’s fairly rural - lots of farmland. A number of lakes and resorts in the general area. It’s not really what I would call a main highway. Co 28 is used mostly by local people with I94 being not far north of Westport.

Replying to my own post. Just realised the Amber Alert wasn't issued until late in the day on Tuesday. I was reading it as when he was reported missing :oops:.

Amber Alert cancelled. He's been found safe ❤️
Per Pope County Minnesota Sheriff's Office- "AMBER ALERT UPDATE: The AMBER Alert for the missing 2 year old out of Pope County has been cancelled. The child has been located and is safe. One suspect is in custody. The Pope County Sheriff's Office will release additional information on Friday."
Chi
Screenshot_20220318-013034_Chrome.jpg
Minnesota BCA cancels Amber Alert after missing boy found safe | kare11.com

Last edited:
Nope!!!! Bad feeling

Agreed.

I was thinking maybe a guest stayed over and when they were gone, so was Robert - but then I would imagine we would have a vehicle description (of some sort). It's odd, given the usual reasoning for NOT issuing an amber alert is because there is no car/abductor description.

Agreed.

I was thinking maybe a guest stayed over and when they were gone, so was Robert - but then I would imagine we would have a vehicle description (of some sort). It's odd, given the usual reasoning for NOT issuing an amber alert is because there is no car/abductor description.
See my post directly above your's dear.
Amber Alert cancelled.
He's been found safe ❤️
One suspect is in custody and Poke County MN Sheriff's Office will be updating sometime in the morning.
Minnesota BCA cancels Amber Alert after missing boy found safe | kare11.com
Goodnight,
Chi

I'm so used to following these Amber Alerts night and day.
I agree it's always wonderful when we have a great outcome.
We just never give up. ;)
Let's be grateful for the dedicated law enforcement people who found him. ❤️
Chi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member