GUILTY MN - Susan Spiller, 68, activist, killed in home invasion, Minneapolis, 16 July 2015 *14 yo charged*

Murder of Minneapolis activist still a mystery 5 months later

http://www.fox9.com/news/57805668-story

"It has been five months since beloved north Minneapolis artist and community watchdog Susan Spiller was violently killed in her home, and Minneapolis City Council President Barb Johnson will be the first to tell you the community has been on-edge ever since."

I never read this article before.

"The crime was shocking in both its brutality and seeming randomness."

"Police briefly considered a teenager with a long history of run-ins with the law as a likely suspect, but he was never questioned, according to a police official."

"Police also questioned a neighbor, with whom Spiller had apparently had an altercation shortly before her death that left her shaken and fearful."

http://www.startribune.com/4-months...-slaying-of-activist-susan-spiller/347371011/

Does anyone know if her son is a nice guy with good character? He found her...just wondering if he and she were close...wonder if she was worth a lot of $$$$$

Her son did not "find" her. Susan is what I would consider part of my extended family. There are a lot of questions I have and am getting nowhere. Anyone out there can help?? Would be great.

Her son did not "find" her. Susan is what I would consider part of my extended family. There are a lot of questions I have and am getting nowhere. Anyone out there can help?? Would be great.

Have you contacted MPD or Crimestoppers at all? I had a possible theory and I was able to file it anonymously online. Supposedly that is what they are looking for, any kind of tips. You never know when you might have an idea or one tiny bit of information that helps the MPD put together what happened.

Susan Spiller Cold Case: One Year Later Police and Friends Still Asking for Help

http://kstp.com/news/susan-spiller-cold-case-one-year-later-murder-north-minneapolis-violent-crime-no-arrest/4203240/

It has been one year since community activist and artist Susan Spiller was found murdered in her North Minneapolis home. It was a violent crime and a year later no arrest has been made.

"Well we know she was alive during the night hours of the 15th leading into the 16th" says Minneapolis Police Department Homicide Investigator Sargeant Darcy Klund.

Klund says Spiller's murder is not a cold case, it's an active case. "We've interviewed numerous people, we've canvassed the neighborhood. We've examined evidence with assistance of the BCA forensically."

But leads have dried up, and a year later Klund is urging Spiller's friends and family to start talking about what happened to her again, and share that information.

From July:

2015 killing of Susan Spiller remains a mystery

http://www.kare11.com/news/2015-killing-of-susan-spiller-remains-a-mystery/460856846

Minneapolis Police Spokesperson Sgt. Catherine Michal said, "At this time it's an open investigation and we are unable to go into details."

Since Spiller's death, no arrests have been made.

"If anybody knows anything and is starting to feel any guilt or stress from the information you might have, please, please, please come forward. You can help put her family's fears and questions to rest. We don't know a motive, we don't know anything, and it makes every day just a little bit harder," Beckers said.

Can you elaborate on that? Do you have a reason to think that her son would brutally murder his mother?
I don't know how much to post on here. I talk to Susan's brother and sister in law frequently. Do you know susan? I would like to share a lot but don't know what is too much. One way to take it my son has not spoken or seen his dad since the funeral. We talked about it today. I'd love to speak with someone who knew Susan close about a lot of things. I'm appalled at mn police dept. If you are a friend of hers if we could meet?

I don't know how much to post on here. I talk to Susan's brother and sister in law frequently. Do you know susan? I would like to share a lot but don't know what is too much. One way to take it my son has not spoken or seen his dad since the funeral. We talked about it today. I'd love to speak with someone who knew Susan close about a lot of things. I'm appalled at mn police dept. If you are a friend of hers if we could meet?
NE girl - I think about Susan a lot. I hadn't seen these 2018 posts because I haven't been on Websleuths much. Have you thought about contacting the new Mpls Chief of Police? I never was a friend of Susan's, but I don't know anyone else connected so if you want to talk to me, I would like to help you if I can.

NE girl - I think about Susan a lot. I hadn't seen these 2018 posts because I haven't been on Websleuths much. Have you thought about contacting the new Mpls Chief of Police? I never was a friend of Susan's, but I don't know anyone else connected so if you want to talk to me, I would like to help you if I can.

I would love to meet and talk to you. If you can, I will try and send a private message with my #.

Minneapolis Police Department just held a short press conference. No information can be released as the suspect was a juvenile at the time of the murder. They have to have some court proceedings first.

"For several years, the boy had lived next to Susan Spiller in north Minneapolis’ Lind-Bohanon neighborhood. His sister used to walk Spiller’s beloved greyhound when she wasn’t home. Spiller and the then-14-year-old boy would chat occasionally as she worked in her front yard. Their apparent closeness made his arrest last week in the 2015 slaying of the well-loved community activist all the more shocking.

Police still haven’t said what motivated the suspect, now 18, to allegedly break into Spiller’s small wood-frame home sometime on the morning of July 16, 2015, and kill her before disappearing...

Because he was younger than 18 at the time of the incident, the case is being heard in juvenile court, where hearings are closed to the public and media. But prosecutors have signaled they will try to have him certified as an adult. No timetable has been given for a decision in the matter...

Then, police caught a break when, on June 12, the teen was arrested in an incident in which he allegedly pulled a gun on someone in the area of N. 41st and Bryant avenues. Officers found him at a nearby gas station, carrying what turned out to be a pellet gun, according to court records. The records show he was eventually charged with making terroristic threats, a felony offense that required him to provide fingerprints, which were run through a statewide database. Police say a match came back for prints left behind at Spiller’s home, tying him to the slaying.

They did not say whether any DNA evidence was found at the scene."
Questions of motive persist in 2015 slaying of Minneapolis activist

Please welcome our newest verified member. Nomi Dude is a licensed private investigator with a lot of experience. I am looking forward to reading their well-informed posts.

Remember, a verified professional does not need to provide links to back up what they say.

You may question verified professionals on Websleuths but you cannot argue.

If you feel any verified member on Websleuths is not being truthful you can scroll by and ignore.

Thank you so much Nomi Dude. Jump in and give us your wisdom :)

Tricia

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993