GUILTY MN - Wilbert, 93, & Gloria Scheel, 80, Paynesville, 21 March 2018 *Arrest*

What a mess in reporting!

This is really sad if the grandson has caused the death of the grandparents :-(

This is disgusting. His grandparents seem like such a nice couple in the Ping Pong video. I guess they even took him in when he got out of jail.

I hope they have family members who take care of their pets.

They do seem to be very active!

On some of the marketplace posts it says he was posting the items for his grandson. Which leads me to wonder why the grandson didn’t post it himself since he has a Facebook account and appears to be fairly knowledgeable about how it works. Did he not really want to sell those items but grandfather wanted him to for financial purposes? Or was grandfather just sincerely helping him out? I’m still fairly new to WS and may be assuming a lot about that but does anyone else find that curious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am curious if the items were stolen due to the grandson's arrest history.

RIP Willie and Gloria 🥀

Gregory Scheel has been convicted of numerous felonies, including: Arson, burglary (several counts) drugs, felony domestic assaults, violation of order for protection (numerous). Several misdemeanor charges over the years, as well. These are Minnesota convictions. I do not know if he had something in SD as well, or if he was just trying to be "funny" on his FB.

http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/Search.aspx?ID=100

Link to the Case Search in the event the above does not work: http://www.mncourts.gov/Access-Case-Records.aspx

Not sure how one could hurt their people that probably loved him to the very end. Just makes me ill!

This makes me ill...I hope this man-child monster gets the life he's looking for in prison.

Disgusting . This kind of thing makes me sick. I’m a firm believer in tough love, probably because I’ve seen so many cases like this. I’m so sad that this sweet couple who took in this felon (trying to help him, undoubtedly) died at his hands.

I wonder what the story is with the parents of the murderer.

Minnesota man, 33, is arrested on suspicion of killing his grandparents after he a posted a drawing of them on Facebook the day before they went missing
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-arrested-suspicion-killing-grandparents.html
A Minnesota man was arrested after his grandparents were found dead, having been reported missing for more than 24 hours.

Wilbert Scheel, 93, and wife, 80-year-old Gloria Scheel, were reported missing and last seen in Teal's Market in Payneville, Minnesota, on Wednesday.

Their grandson, 33-year-old Gregory Scheel, was also reported missing with his family and last seen around 12.45pm.

[...]

Their grandson was found around 9.09pm, south of where the Prius had been located. He was booked into the Kandiyohi County Jail.

Prior to reports of the trio missing, Gregory Scheel posted a photo on his Facebook of a drawing he made for his grandparents, two years ago.

Just last year, WCCO ran a story on Wilbert and his love of ping pong.

Having survived cancer, seven times, he was playing the sport to stay in shape four days a week.

My heart is breaking. Ugh.

Look at this sweet sweet photo of the grandpa on his first day of school. Not sure why, but this photo is wrecking me.

That poor couple. RIP Willie and Gloria.

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...a.1397904937110373.1073741827.100006726400185

0adcbcecc4ab5ff260483164763ecf05.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Makes me so mad to read these stories. This beautiful couple lived all this time just to be killed By their grandson.

Paynesville man charged with murdering his grandparents
http://m.startribune.com/paynesville-man-charged-with-killing-his-grandparents/477797513/
A Paynesville man was charged Friday with second-degree murder in the deaths of his grandparents, police said Friday.

Stearns County Sheriff Don Gudmundson said Gregory A. Scheel, 33, was charged with the killings after an investigation by more than a half-dozen law enforcement agencies from central Minnesota.

[...]

Sadly I knew the grandson was at fault. I wonder why he did it though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Grandson charged with killing Paynesville couple
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/03/26/grandson-charged-with-killing-paynesville-couple
A Paynesville, Minn., man has been charged with murdering his elderly grandparents who had taken him into their home.

The criminal complaint alleges Gregory Scheel, 33, used a plastic bag to suffocate Wilbert Scheel, 93, and strangled Gloria Scheel, 80, with a cord.

[...]
[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Infuriating! How could he?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Just read this thread for the first time...and I'm heartsick and cannot wrap my head around why he would murder people who clearly loved him? It's cases like these that cause me to believe that some people are just evil....

Daaaaaamn. Up close and personal kills. What on earth could someone do to deserve that horrible death?

Murdered Paynesville grandfather bailed out grandson in December
https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/...ather-bailed-out-grandson-december/506930002/
MONTEVIDEO – A Paynesville man charged in the homicides of his grandparents last month in Stearns County was free on bail at the time from a 2017 case after his grandfather cosigned the bail bond.
According to court documents, Thomas Bail Bonds Inc. had issued the $75,000 bond on behalf of Gregory Allen Scheel, who was charged in December with burglary, theft and escape from custody charges in Chippewa County.
The company indicated that Scheel’s grandfather, Wilbert Scheel, was the sole co-signer of the bond that got his grandson out of jail.
[...]
Scheel is charged with two counts of second-degree intentional murder and is being held in the Stearns County Jail on $3 million bail. It was announced Monday that a grand jury is being convened. Only a grand jury can consider first-degree murder charges, which carry a sentence of life in prison.
The bond company has asked the court to revoke the Chippewa County bond, according to court documents.
An omnibus hearing that had been scheduled for Tuesday in Chippewa County District Court on the 2017 charges was cancelled, as well as a May 5 pretrial hearing.
Those charges stem from a December incident when Scheel escaped police custody after being questioned for a theft and was later found with a homemade weapon in a garage of a home in Montevideo.
An omnibus hearing has been rescheduled for June 7 and a pretrial is set for Aug. 13 for Scheel in Chippewa County.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back