MO - 2nd woman found dead in firefighter's home - Frontenac, MO (suburban St. Louis)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's quite the read! It has changed my impression of the whole situation. I'm now more convinced that the death of the first girlfriend was a suicide. They had a very unhealthy relationship where one wanted a life together, and the other did not.

I'm curious about autopsy results for Sarah Sweeney.
The results for Sarah are suppose to come out in March. I guess we shall see.

Autopsy Report's conclusion on Grace Holland's MoD was suicide, yes?

But cowabunga, that series of texts between the two seem to have set a new high of INCOMPATIBILITY for COUPLES.

Just from reading their texts w no other info, imo seems MoD could have been homicide or suicide.
Whew, so much anger on both sides.
imo
Yes it was ruled suicide

From what I have researched about Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAT), the life threatening disease Sarah Sweeney supposedly had, it's not a disease that someone would just suddenly drop dead from. Does anyone have any information that differs?

I understand that RD was supposedly not home and at work when Sweeney apparently died, but that doesn't guarantee that he was not involved in her death.

She had other issues as well health wise.

I don't really believe that this was murder anymore.

I think the first girlfriend wanted a large home in an exclusive neighbourhood for herself and her 4 daughters ... with health benefits and a dog. My understanding from reading the texts is that, after her divorce, she moved home with her parents. That is where she spent time with her daughters when they were away from their home. The rest of the time, the children lived in the family home with their father. She desperately wanted marriage, and especially the benefits that came with a marriage to a firefighter. Even when he implied that he was bi-sexual, she didn't care, she still wanted marriage. Even after the miscarriage, she still wanted his health benefits.

I agree that the bullet to the left side of the head is unusual for a right-hander, but after reading those text messages, I'm open to the possibility that it was an intentional decision to frame the suicide as a murder.

As for the "play guns" comment, it's hard to say. In the discussion about her job, she implies that it is his fault that she is not working, whereas he says more than once that she quit her job because she wanted to find a new job. She doesn't disagree, but she circles back to the accusations more than once. First it's his fault, then it's her decision and she blames covid. It's hard to say whether she posts comments to create a paper trail, or because it is true.
Actually there were pictures included in the police file that show her holding a gun to the same side of the head that the entrance wound was. She had taken a selfie. There were a few issues where she had threatened to harm herself with a gun. In one case the sister had to get the gun from her.

I'm leaning more towards suicide after hearing more about her history of making suicidal threats and reading her texts messages.

Her texts messages scream mental heath issues

Jmo
Possibly, but I also wonder if some of her behavior is the result of ongoing psych manipulation or "gaslighting" by her partner. Sometimes partners with ill intent target others who are emotionally vulnerable, but also have assets that the manipulative partner seeks to acquire. JMO

He could have ended that relationship at any time, but didn't. Both of them were getting something out of it. That fact that two <mod note - deaths> have occurred, by two women he had relationships with (at different times), lets me know that he was not a warm, fuzzy guy. Seems like a cold fish in that interview. Made a couple of disparaging remarks about Grace and her family.

Last edited by a moderator:
In this picture, I think the only reason she held the gun in her left hand was because she was right handed and it was more natural for her to use her right hand to operate her phone to take a selfie. In another picture showing her holding a gun below her chin, she is using her right hand to hold the gun.

If she actually held the gun that way in her left hand when the gun was shot, the gun would have flown half way across the room and not been anywhere near her body. Which it was reported the gun was found by her right hand. (was that a mistake the killer made?)

JMO

<modsnip - quoted post was removd - unapproved source>
Her family also knew that she toyed with suicide, and that she was photographed playing with a gun to her head, yet they don't believe she committed suicide. I doubt that her family is going to do anything to help the man they blame for her suicide.

The 18" pearl necklace is either in the box where he said they could find it, or it isn't. If it is, that supports his truthfulness.

Regarding the rings, based on text messages, we know that they went back and forth between the couple. I find it believable that he returned them to the box after they were thrown at him at the fire station. I also find it believable that she took the rings when she moved out during the week prior to her suicide.

Why would her family want the rings? They didn't bring Grace any happiness. They don't represent her or her life, but rather represent a time where she lived with emotional turmoil.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rings?
....Why would her family want the rings? They didn't bring Grace any happiness. They don't represent her or her life, but rather represent a time where she lived with emotional turmoil.
snipped for focus @otto
My guesses:
Family wants the rings simply to sell, to use proceeds for daughters, rather than keeping for sentimental reasons.

Or to keep diamond(s) to set in another piece of jewelry?

Both seem to be common practices when engagements or marriages come "undone."

Actually there were pictures included in the police file that show her holding a gun to the same side of the head that the entrance wound was. She had taken a selfie. There were a few issues where she had threatened to harm herself with a gun. In one case the sister had to get the gun from her.
This is good information to know.

IMO given all the info i know at this time, This guy is either a) the unluckiest dude ever b) so abusive he drives women to end their lives or c) a murderer.

This is good information to know.

IMO given all the info i know at this time, This guy is either a) the unluckiest dude ever b) so abusive he drives women to end their lives or c) a murderer.
After reading the text messages, I'm not convinced that he was so abusive that he drove anyone to suicide. His relationship with his first deceased girlfriend was mutually toxic. The message that comes through loud and clear is that she wanted health benefits through marriage. He did not want to marry her.

We learn from text messages that, although she had four daughters with her ex-husband, she was not providing a home for them. She quit her job and was not looking for another one. It seems that all aspects of her life had fallen apart and she was looking to the firefighter to fix it. When he said no repeatedly, she said "goodbye" and killed herself with a gun using her left hand, similar to how she was photographed holding the gun in the past.

His next girlfriend had health issues, so we have to wait for autopsy results to better understand cause of death.

Autopsy Info. CoD = Drug Intoxication. MoD, Undetermined.
Daily Mail. Mar 5 - 6, 2024.

"Doctor girlfriend of firefighter died from a lethal cocktail of drugs at home, autopsy reveals - three years after his fiancé was found shot dead...
- Dr. Sarah Sweeney's cause of death was drug intoxication and her manner of death remains undetermined."

"Oxycodone, the seizure and pain medication Gabapentin and antihistamine Diphenhydramine were found in Sweeney's system."

"On Tuesday, a toxicology report from the St. Louis County Medical Examiner’s Office revealed the doctor's cause of death was drug intoxication, but the manner remains undetermined...."

" 'Dr. Sweeney was found with no obvious signs of trauma discovered on her body, and our investigation, at this point, supports that she was home alone leading up to her death,' the Frontenac Police Department stated."
_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

FWIW, per wiki, Gabapentin** "is an anticonvulsant medication primarily used to treat partial seizures and neuropathic pain.[4]... It is moderately effective: about 30–40% of those given gabapentin for diabetic neuropathy or postherpetic neuralgia have a meaningful benefit.[9]" (sbm)
"Sleepiness and dizziness are the most common side effects. Serious side effects include an INCREASED RISK OF SUICIDE, respiratory depression, and allergic reactions.[4]" <- my CAPS.
"Overdose
"Through excessive ingestion, accidental or otherwise, persons may experience overdose symptoms including drowsiness, sedation, blurred vision, slurred speech, somnolence, uncontrollable jerking motions, and anxiety. A very high amount taken is associated with breathing suppression, coma, and possibly DEATH, particularly if combined with alcohol or opioids.[73][75]" <--- my caps

** Gabapentin - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I wonder if she had prescriptions to those medications. Was there any history of drug abuse in her past?

Interesting the manner of death was left open.

For some reason I don't think this will end well for the boyfriend.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay