MO - Amanda 'Mandy' Slaughter, 17, Springfield, 19 Aug 1993

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by PonderingThings, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonderingThings

PonderingThings Former member

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/slaughter_amanda.html

Amanda Gail Slaughter

[​IMG][​IMG]

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

# Missing Since: April 28, 1991 from Orangefield, Texas
    # Classification: Endangered Runaway
    # Date Of Birth: August 13, 1976
    # Age: 14 years old
    # Height and Weight: 5'7, 140 pounds
    # Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Slaughter wears eyeglasses. She has a suture line along one of her inner calves. Slaughter's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance
    Slaughter departed from her family's residence in Orangefield, Texas during the early morning hours of April 28, 1991. She took all of her personal belongings with her and emptied her parents' wallets. Slaughter has never been heard from again. She has a history of running away, but she had never been gone for an extended period of time in the past. Slaughter may have been accompanied by a 19-year-old Caucasian male at the time of her disappearance.

2. Loading...

3. PonderingThings

The shape of the face of this Jane Doe kinda matches, but Jane Doe is listed as 4" shorter than Amanda. Amanda's glasses in the photo do not appear tinted so am unsure.

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/48ufaz.html[/size][/font]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Amanda on left, Jane Doe on right.

Unidentified White Female
    * Located on May 28, 1992 in Phoeniz, Arizona
    * Cause of death was homicide by strangulation.
    * Estimated date of death is May, 1992
    * State of Remains: Somewhat advanced mummification

Vital Statistics
    * Estimated age: 13 - 17 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1 - 5'3"; 100 - 125 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length light-brown hair. The victim wore large rose / pink-colored eyeglasses, which had thick lenses.
    * Clothing: She was discovered wearing a Niki Lee long-sleeved, multi-colored floral-print blouse; size 9 black denim stretch pants with black lace trim around the ankles; a black hair bow; and brown tennis shoes.
    * Dentals: Available

Case History
    Shortly after 1 a.m. on May 28, 1992, Phoenix police, using tracking dogs, found the decomposing body in a desert area commonly used to dump trash, in the 2000 block of East Deer Valley Road.
    A man riding an all-terrain vehicle noticed a foul odor coming from a rubbish pile and saw a hand sticking out. He called police, who used tracking dogs to find the body under a sheet of plywood.

4. docwho3

docwho3 New Member

Looks like a possibility. Height & weight estimates could be off a little on the remains found.

5. PonderingThings

Jane Doe seems to have a longer chin though.... [​IMG]

6. PonderingThings

http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/s...6376802&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512588&rfi=6

The Jane Doe is not Amanda. The above article gives a really detailed account of the search for Amanda. So sad - I hope she's found soon. [​IMG]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

[/font]

7. missacorah

missacorah New Member

Im sure the friend would have said something if Amanda had come to any harm though. It seems to me she just didnt want to be found!

8. KarlK

KarlK New Member

Hell Hath No Fury... Never, ever, take a phone away from a teenager.

9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

[​IMG]

Amanda Gail Slaughter

Endangered Runaway -- Missing Since: April 28, 1991

Missing From: Orangefield, Texas

Height: 5'7" -- Weight: 140 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Amanda has a suture line on her inner calf and she wears glasses.

Amanda left her family's residence in Orangefield, Texas during the early morning hours of April 28, 1991. She took all of her personal belongings and emptied her parents' wallets. That same night, another neighborhood fried of Amanda's also ran away. A year later, the friend returned home, but refused to say where they had been. She may travel to California or Washington.

NCMEC

Charley Project

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

11. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

12. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

13. sreshowtime

sreshowtime Active Member

wow...there is always hope...maybe a sad ending, but hope in finding an answer to where a loved one went

14. tatertot

tatertot Member

May Amanda Rest in Peace. Her story is so sad, and I hope her daughter will be able to at last form a bond with her maternal grandmother.

That article was well-written, but I'm still wondering how Amanda's body was released for burial if LE didn't have (I assume) her real SSN or identifying information. Likewise, how did she get prenatal care and hospitalization when she had her daughter? One of the photos shows her shortly after she gave birth to her daughter in what is clearly a medical setting, i.e. not a home birth.

15. LucyNThesky

LucyNThesky New Member

Greetings! I am a new registered user, long-time lurker. I've signed up specifically to ask questions and learn more so I can be a more effective volunteer. Please, let me know if anything I do or say is out of line so I can prevent any misstep in the future. Thanks!

Now, the reason I chose to post here is due to some confusion over this specific case. I noticed Amanda Slaughter is still listed as missing in Namus and tippers are still submitting her for DNA comparison. I've read the same article listed by a previous post and a few other sites including CharleyProject. Most sites show her as located and deceased. So, I am a bit confused as to why she is still listed in Namus. My question is this: Does Amanda Slaughter (Mandy Fouts) have a reason to still be listed? From what I have read, all body parts were found in one location and she only had one child - also, accounted for and alive. Also, this thread is still open and not updated as located... So, am I missing something?

Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration to my question!

See: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6661/

16. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

17. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

and this thread cant be updated until namus says she is found , I wil alert the mods maybe they can help.

18. beach

beach Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.