GUILTY MO - Angie Housman, 9, kidnapped, held then murdered, St Louis, 18 Nov 1993

Description of her condition, assault, etc. is horrific.

Earl Webster Cox. DNA found on the trim of her Barbie underpants. 1 in 1.8 trillion chance of it being someone else.

3400 block of Wismer Ave, 1/4 mile from Angies home
Also lived on Dade Ave, Florissant
Another address in Overland, MO. Was .8 miles from where Angie was last seen.

Cox is a patient in a federal prison medical facility in NC

Investigators have spoken with Cox. Too early to say if they will go for the DP.

He wasn't on anyone's radar at the time. He was on a list of hundreds of area sex offenders.

They don't know where Cox was during the time when Angie was kidnapped and when she died. She was being held w/o food and being tortured, not sure where. She was violently sexually assaulted. Hope public will help tell them if they know where Cox was during those days.

Will be extradited to MO soon

Believe Cox was not the only suspect. Someone else may have been involved. There may be more arrests. Still investigating.

May be another case of a girl from StL county who was assaulted by him. She lives now in another state and they will talk to her and see if they think it was him.

Appreciates Angie's Angels, but said they didn't help. They only left "nasty" messages on LE's social media.

Can't yet eliminate step-father yet as being involved. Said something about not sure any links between Earl Cox and Angie's family.

The way evidence unfolded - she was held somewhere, then transported to crime scene indicates Cox didn't act alone.

Encouraging public to call in with anything they know.

(Was interrupted for a few minutes, so missed some)

LE officer now talking says they anticipate bringing additional charges against Cox, possibly in other cases.

Last edited:
taking questions

will they seek death penalty
- many factors that go into that, too early. Death penalty saved for the worst of the worst. This guy pretty much is that

List of several hundred who were known as sex offenders, however man power issue with following up. Without scientific evidence or eye witness you can't form suspect from name on list.

Person asking if they know what happened when she was being held
Prosecutor says they do not know, but with the image of the suspect they can hopefully find more info

could there be other victims?
Very possible. We don't have any specific information at this time however.

Will he be brought back to MI?
Yes in a few weeks

Is the father involved?
He can't go into detail. Possible another person was involved. As of now no one can be eliminated and there could hypothetically be more arrests.
That last question to me felt quite heavy. Especially after the answer

Why were certain charges dropped in 1993?
We have some insight now. Very young victims. Not same tools and services as we have now to help child's testimony go through. Termination was made that charges would not be pursued. Reality even today

Facebook group in helping?
They left nasty messages attacking police. What lead to retesting had nothing to do with this group.
(He seems frustrated)

Other cold cases will be solved through DNA

No direct connection currently between step father and Cox

Last edited:
Photo of suspect, Earl W. Cox: DNA credited for breakthrough as man charged with Angie Housman’s murder

(click to enlarge)
earlcox.jpg

"in my humble opinion we have enough to convict Cox"

However it is possible someone else was involved...enough reason for us to believe he (Cox) didn't act alone. Doesn't mean he didn't act alone, but its just a hunch. Other DNA samples out there but cannot comment on that currently- Paraphrased

investigators were ready to charge him that day, but prosecutors knew they had more work to do. (Just for us to keep in mind for other cases).

Question about the "uncle" who Angie mentioned. The PE teacher reinterviewed recently. They think it is quite possible it is the "uncle" aka Cox. They will use it as circumstantial evidence in court.

Got my info from group dedicated to Angie. They have worked tirelessly to see this resolved.They should at least be able to attend. But your point is correct. Thank you.

Oh dear, there appears to have been a social media group that law enforcement called out in the Presser.

..Appreciates Angie's Angels, but said they didn't help. They only left "nasty" messages on LE's social media.

Yesterday was the first time I’ve heard about Angie.
What an atrocious, horrible case....that poor lil girl suffered terribly! ;(
I’m happy to hear that EWC has been charged & I hope if there were others involved, they get caught, too.
So sad that Angie’s mom passed away before she could see justice for her lil girl ;(
MOO

"in my humble opinion we have enough to convict Cox"

However it is possible someone else was involved...enough reason for us to believe he (Cox) didn't act alone. Doesn't mean he didn't act alone, but its just a hunch. Other DNA samples out there but cannot comment on that currently- Paraphrased

investigators were ready to charge him that day, but prosecutors knew they had more work to do. (Just for us to keep in mind for other cases).

Question about the "uncle" who Angie mentioned. The PE teacher reinterviewed recently. They think it is quite possible it is the "uncle" aka Cox. They will use it as circumstantial evidence in court.

I missed this part, wow. If the "uncle" was Cox, it means Angie had met him previously and someone else may have been involved, possibly someone in or close to her family. She wasn't just snatched off the street by a stranger.

Yesterday was the first time I’ve heard about Angie.
What an atrocious, horrible case....that poor lil girl suffered terribly! ;(
I’m happy to hear that EWC has been charged & I hope if there were others involved, they get caught, too.
So sad that Angie’s mom passed away before she could see justice for her lil girl ;(
MOO

It was terrifying at the time, as any local here can tell you. Family in the area who had kids were very worried.

It was terrifying at the time, as any local here can tell you. Family in the area who had kids were very worried.
I’m so sorry for Angie, for her loved ones & I’m so sorry for everyone in the community ;( I can not imagine the fear :( What a nightmare
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back