GUILTY MO - Bobbi Jo Stinnett, 23, slain, fetus stolen, Skidmore, 16 Dec 2004

I think Montgomery is a very bright woman in a very coniving self centered way - her lawyers in my opinion are of lesser IQ based on some of their claims. Such as today trying to raise doubt about a struggle - knowing full well Bobbie Jo was found with clumps of blond hair in her hands. But I will say this insanity approach is the only approach they can pursue.

Montgomery is a narcissist (and probably other things as well). It's all about her. She's sick, but she's certainly not insane. I think some of these attorneys live in a dream world. They believe if they say something, then magically it will be a fact...and they're hoping the jury will buy their hocus pocus. It won't work.

Entirely too much planning indeed - no way she can be found legally insane IMO. Her statement to Carl Bowman ("I'll show you!") before she murdered Bobbie Jo is pretty much proof of premeditation, thinking, planning, and also acknowledges that she understands right and wrong.

She did do a lot of planning, and that will be her downfall. The minute Bobbie Jo opened the door, she knew she was in trouble. Montgomery will be found guilty. There's no way around what she did. She planned everything in advance, and then she carried out her sick plan. She's toast. And she should be. A monster like Montgomery should not be allowed to roam free. IMO, she should get the DP.

KANSAS CITY, Missouri — A medical examiner testified that she believed a 23-year-old pregnant woman was conscious and trying to defend herself as a kitchen knife was used to crudely cut the baby from her womb as she was killed.

The testimony came Friday in the federal trial of 39-year-old Lisa Montgomery, who is accused of killing Bobbie Jo Stinnett and taking the baby on Dec. 16, 2004. Montgomery was arrested the next day while showing off her new child in Melvern, Kansas. She has pleaded guilty by reason of insanity.

"The evidence to me shows that she regained consciousness while the incision was being made, a struggle ensued and she was strangled again," said Dr. Mary Case, the St. Louis County medical examiner.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299859,00.html

By coincidense a friend gave me the book, Murder in the Heartland, just last week. I literally could not put it down and read and read throughout the night and the next day. The author, M.W.Phelps makes Bobbie Jo, Lisa Montgomery, and the rest of the cast of characters as real as if you had known them.

Lisa Montgomery can be sized up in one word; Evil. And she actually believed she would get away with it. She some how managed to find two good, decent men to marry, and had 4 wonderful children. It wasn't enough for Lisa.

Somewhere I read that in the opening statement by her defence atty., he said something about Lisa only going to Bobbie's to get a puppy, and then thiings suddenly went horribly wrong. I couldn't believe it.

Montgomery planned the crime for months. If ever there was a death penalty case, this is it. After her arrest she called her ex-husband who was the father of her 4 children. She whined that she didn't "want to be in prison", and she "didn't want to die."

It was always about Lisa. Always.

Julia

Snowshuze - I was told you might find these to be interesting:

http://www.4law.co.il/baby3.htm This is the message Montgomery sent to Bobbie Jo the day before the murder.

In addition this link to a blog has some very interesting information:

http://patfish.blogspot.com/2004/12/tragic-death-of-bobbie-jo-stinnett.html

And how LE tracked down Montgomery:

http://www.4law.co.il/baby1.pdf

Raisin,

Having just finished an indepth book on this topic, I was pretty shocked to read the link you provided - the patfish blogspot.com. You mentioned that it "has some very interesting information." Well, most of her information is wrong. I understand it was written early on, but I am suprised to see it is still up and easily accessed. If just a couple of facts were wrong - well, that would be one thing. But the woman writing the blog had no idea what she was talking about. I understand why the Stinnet family wanted her to remove it. The crime was horrible and sensational enough without someone sensationalizing it more with lies.

Julia

KANSAS CITY, Missouri — A medical examiner testified that she believed a 23-year-old pregnant woman was conscious and trying to defend herself as a kitchen knife was used to crudely cut the baby from her womb as she was killed.

The testimony came Friday in the federal trial of 39-year-old Lisa Montgomery, who is accused of killing Bobbie Jo Stinnett and taking the baby on Dec. 16, 2004. Montgomery was arrested the next day while showing off her new child in Melvern, Kansas. She has pleaded guilty by reason of insanity.

"The evidence to me shows that she regained consciousness while the incision was being made, a struggle ensued and she was strangled again," said Dr. Mary Case, the St. Louis County medical examiner.

I pictured this in my mind and I came to the conclusion that for Bobbie Jo to have been standing upright (to get her own blood on the bottoms of her shoes), half-conscious, still trying to fight Lisa while Lisa was apparently attempting a c-section on Bobbie, essentially means that Lisa repeatedly stabbed Bobbie brutally in the belly while Bobbie was standing and dragged the knife across her several times in a Japanese "heri-keri" kind of deal. It was bad enough that I pictured her lying unconscious from being choked and having this done to her....but this new information I can barely wrap my mind around.

OMG!!!!!! Can you imagine the evil depravity this crime necessitated? Can you imagine the pain Bobbie Jo must have been in when she was conscious? Can you imagine the miracle it is that Victoria Jo was even delivered safely and survived such a birth???

Poor Bobbie Jo....may Lisa Montgomery ROT IN HELL.

Oh I agree with you! I always thought this was the most disturbing heart wrenching crime but now to hear that she woke up during ... it brings it to another level for me. I pray to God she did not suffer that horrible pain..I hope the shock of it all just didnt let her register the pain. The lady who did this is beyond sick she is just pure evil to the lowest degree.

I pictured this in my mind and I came to the conclusion that for Bobbie Jo to have been standing upright (to get her own blood on the bottoms of her shoes), half-conscious, still trying to fight Lisa while Lisa was apparently attempting a c-section on Bobbie, essentially means that Lisa repeatedly stabbed Bobbie brutally in the belly while Bobbie was standing and dragged the knife across her several times in a Japanese "heri-keri" kind of deal. It was bad enough that I pictured her lying unconscious from being choked and having this done to her....but this new information I can barely wrap my mind around.

OMG!!!!!! Can you imagine the evil depravity this crime necessitated? Can you imagine the pain Bobbie Jo must have been in when she was conscious? Can you imagine the miracle it is that Victoria Jo was even delivered safely and survived such a birth???

Poor Bobbie Jo....may Lisa Montgomery ROT IN HELL.

From the same link....
Green, who worked with Montgomery at a Casey's convenience store, said Montgomery seemed in touch with reality and happy to be home.
-----------------------------------
Kinda blows the insanity defense right out of the water, no?

Somewhere I read that in the opening statement by her defence atty., he said something about Lisa only going to Bobbie's to get a puppy, and then thiings suddenly went horribly wrong. I couldn't believe it.

If she was only going to Bobbie's to get a puppy, why the fake name? So things "went horrible wrong" and Bobbie died? Is this attorney trying to put blame on Bobbie?

I hope the jury members see right though this BS.

It was always about Lisa. Always.

I hope they put her to death. It's just too bad someone can't take a knife to her. I know this sounds sick, but this is how I feel. These killers should have to suffer like their victims did.

From Aussie news...

Strangled woman 'awoke' as baby cut from belly

Saturday Oct 6 11:20 AEST
A Missouri woman who was strangled by an acquaintance probably regained consciousness as the attacker sliced into her abdomen to steal her unborn baby, a pathologist testified yesterday.
Bobbie Jo Stinnett likely blacked out after being choked from behind with a rope but began struggling again when her attacker loosened the rope to begin cutting into her belly, said Mary Case, the chief medical examiner for St. Louis County, Missouri.
"There is evidence that she regained consciousness while the incision was made in her abdomen," Case testified.

more at link

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=303122

Sami

Raisin,

Having just finished an indepth book on this topic, I was pretty shocked to read the link you provided - the patfish blogspot.com. You mentioned that it "has some very interesting information." Well, most of her information is wrong. I understand it was written early on, but I am suprised to see it is still up and easily accessed. If just a couple of facts were wrong - well, that would be one thing. But the woman writing the blog had no idea what she was talking about. I understand why the Stinnet family wanted her to remove it. The crime was horrible and sensational enough without someone sensationalizing it more with lies.

Julia

Wasapi,

Would that book have been "Murder in the Heartland " by M. William Phelps ? While I agree there is misinformation on the patfish blog due to it being "real time" - there is an equal amount in the Phelps book. I know that for a couple of reasons - MSHP officers on the case.

The only close truth is what is being presented in court and unfortunately we will not be privy to it unless we care to spend a significant amount on transcripts. There is entirely too much in the Phelps book that was supplied by those who had axes to grind IMO. I find the book rather sensational as well.

Tuesday Noon News:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/309298.html

"The day of the alleged birth — Dec. 16, 2004 — Kevin Montgomery went to work as usual. He testified that he couldn’t reach his wife during the day and when he got home, she was gone. She called about 6 p.m., said she’d been shopping and went into labor and had the baby at Topeka birthing center.
She wanted to know if he wanted to pick her up or if she should drive home. He agreed to get her, and they met in a fast food restaurant parking lot in Topeka.
“You didn’t find that strange?” asked assistant U.S. attorney Matt Whitworth.
“No,” Kevin Montgomery said.

Colwell, who said her former husband has poor social skills and is easily manipulated, tried to persuade him to bring Montgomery to a doctor so he would realize she wasn't pregnant. An appointment was set up, Colwell said, but Lisa Montgomery canceled it.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/14301438/detail.html

Wasapi,

Would that book have been "Murder in the Heartland " by M. William Phelps ? While I agree there is misinformation on the patfish blog due to it being "real time" - there is an equal amount in the Phelps book. I know that for a couple of reasons - MSHP officers on the case.

The only close truth is what is being presented in court and unfortunately we will not be privy to it unless we care to spend a significant amount on transcripts. There is entirely too much in the Phelps book that was supplied by those who had axes to grind IMO. I find the book rather sensational as well.

Raisin,

Yes, that is the book. I realize that Montgomery's ex-husband supplied the author with many of the details, and even as I was reading it I was aware that it was likely slanted. Mostly what caught my eye on the blog, concerned statements declaring that Montgomery used dogs of questionable saleability to practice doing cesareans on. (I believe the accusations on the board were even more embellished.) In the book, he does present a strong case that no such thing happened, and whatever knoweledge she had about that type of delivery she got from the internet.

Julia

Raisin,

Yes, that is the book. I realize that Montgomery's ex-husband supplied the author with many of the details, and even as I was reading it I was aware that it was likely slanted. Mostly what caught my eye on the blog, concerned statements declaring that Montgomery used dogs of questionable saleability to practice doing cesareans on. (I believe the accusations on the board were even more embellished.) In the book, he does present a strong case that no such thing happened, and whatever knoweledge she had about that type of delivery she got from the internet.

Julia

Unfortunately at the time, the theory of using dogs for practice was common especially on Ratter Chatter. It will be demonstrated that Montgomery's computer searches will reveal that videos from the internet were the actual source of information regarding C- sections.

As with any investigation, what is made known to the public is minimal and much of what goes round is speculation. As for the slant of the book - it definitely exists and in reality is comparable to a blog in that respect since the book was written long before this trial. The difference - people made money off the book. Money and a natural desire to make oneself look not so bad during a very bad time often lead to a great deal of misinformation. The only thing believable about the book was the complete circle of dysfunctionality surrounding and including Mrs. Montgomery from the day she was born. The book IMO provides a vehicle for those individuals to deny their dsyfunctionality and absolve their feelings of guilt at someone else's expense. JMO

Wednesday News:

http://www.stjoenews-press.com/main.asp?SectionID=81&SubSectionID=272&ArticleID=97839

Among the evidence collected at the house were:

- A receipt from Toys 'R Us for baby bottles and formula dated November 2004.

- Birth announcements with the name Abagail Marie, the name Ms. Montgomery allegedly wanted use for the child.

- A disposable camera with pictures of the baby.

- A box mailed from a company in North Carolina that contained the materials for a home-birthing kit.

Evidence collected from Ms. Montgomery's car included:

- A bloody pink overcoat with a bloody silver-handled kitchen knife in the pocket.

- A trash bag containing bloody rags, a length of rope covered with hair and blood.

- A diaper bag.

Inside the car, investigators also found a bag containing a ski-mask and Latex gloves, and a piece of paper with Ms. Stinnett's address in Skidmore, Mo.

Wednesday News:

http://www.stjoenews-press.com/main.asp?SectionID=81&SubSectionID=272&ArticleID=97839

Among the evidence collected at the house were:

- A receipt from Toys 'R Us for baby bottles and formula dated November 2004.

- Birth announcements with the name Abagail Marie, the name Ms. Montgomery allegedly wanted use for the child.

- A disposable camera with pictures of the baby.

- A box mailed from a company in North Carolina that contained the materials for a home-birthing kit.

Evidence collected from Ms. Montgomery's car included:

- A bloody pink overcoat with a bloody silver-handled kitchen knife in the pocket.

- A trash bag containing bloody rags, a length of rope covered with hair and blood.

- A diaper bag.

Inside the car, investigators also found a bag containing a ski-mask and Latex gloves, and a piece of paper with Ms. Stinnett's address in Skidmore, Mo.

From the same link:
Ms. Montgomery's daughter had met Ms. Stinnett several times at dog shows and became friends, corresponding over the Internet.
-----------
The more I read, the more creeped out and disgusted I become.

Prosecution to wrap up today 10/11

http://www.stjoenews-press.com/main...ArticleID=97854&SectionID=81&SubSectionID=272

At the conclusion of Wednesday's proceedings in federal court, Matt Whitworth, first assistant U.S. Attorney, told Federal Judge Gary Fenner that the prosecution expects to call several witnesses today before finishing presenting witnesses and evidence. Ms. Montgomery's lead attorney, Fred Duchardt Jr., said the defense would be ready to begin sometime in the afternoon.

As authorities arrived at Lisa Montgomery’s Melvern, Kan., home in December 2004, her husband stepped out on the porch and posed a very specific question.
“He asked: ‘Is this about that missing baby?’ ” Maryville police detective Randy Strong testified Thursday.

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/313974.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back