MO - Brandy Castaneda Helbock, 43, found dead by KC trash collectors, 8 Jan 2016

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by dotr, Jan 9, 2016.

1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

2. Loading...

3. CaseRavel

CaseRavel New Member

Within blocks of me.

4. pappa rob

pappa rob New Member

How awful..

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws CaseRavel!
    What is the mood in your neighbourhood since the body was identified?

6. Tawny

Tawny Bye

Keep us updated, I'm interested in the details. They didn't release cause of death but a homicide investigation was opened.

7. pappa rob

pappa rob New Member

Welcome to the group! It's always nice to have some local input.

8. eucalyptuz

eucalyptuz Active Member

Brandy's fb page is easily discoverable but doesn't contain much info however her most recent post was a bit grisly and gave me a bit of a shock especially after just having read her case here.
    https://www.facebook.com/brandy.helbockcastaneda?ref=br_rs

I must admit these kinds of cases where bodies are found in the trash always effect me - so sad the way a person can just be jettisoned by someone along with the eggshells and pizza boxes. :(

9. gia2

gia2 New Member

I know the post is supposed to be humorous but it's really horrible to look at! I was a bit shocked when I looked at it. FB removes photos of babies breastfeeding (with a mostly covered breast) but things like this don't get removed :/ I'm very squeamish though about things like piercings!

It is so horrible isn't it! It really makes me sad too, that a person thinks this person is so worthless that they can be disposed of in a bin. No dignity at all for this poor woman.

10. pappa rob

pappa rob New Member

Life's a pain in the ***! It's awful I know, what about this boyfriend. I hate it when a girl dies just after a fight with the significant other

11. CaseRavel

CaseRavel New Member

I can drive pass it tomorrow.(well, 3am, so- today). I have already looked at the road on google earth and its a small stretch of tree lined road.
    I dont talk to many neighbors but I assume most of them do not know or think about it. I cant say its the most favorable side of town.

Her address has been listed as a P.O box since 2010.

12. eucalyptuz

eucalyptuz Active Member

I am wondering how long poor Brandy was in a state of limbo before ending up in the trash :( I'd like to see the missing persons report apparently filed in December...

Read more: http://www.fox10tv.com/story/309382...dy-near-side-of-road-with-trash#ixzz3wytHxTPZ

13. eucalyptuz

eucalyptuz Active Member

I've been thinking about this and what was mentioned in the most recent media reports about Brandy being a missing person for weeks and I have a theory...
    -her body was discovered Friday Jan 8 by sanitation workers.
    -the previous 2 Fridays were Christmas Day and New Year's Day and I'm assuming that there was no normal Friday collection on those dates.
    -in the link I put above there is a picture of the street side where her body was found and it seems like the houses are way back from the street and most passing traffic may not notice a suspicious smell etc.
    I think Brandy may have been on that roadside for a few weeks...

ETA: this news reel leads me to believe that it was a area not covered by a regular trash collection.
    http://www.fox10tv.com/story/30919067/sanitation-workers-find-human-remains-in-trash

14. eucalyptuz

eucalyptuz Active Member

15. CaseRavel

CaseRavel New Member

Trash day is on friday but if its a holiday they pick it up one day later. Its not skipped altogether. But the workers that day were on somewhat of a special assignment since theres no houses on that street.. Its just a common illegal dump area. So if she was there a while, Im not sure anyone would of noticed right away.
    [​IMG] (she was found by the 3rd pole on the right)

Attached Files:

16. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Active Member

From October:

‘This isn’t just about Brandy’: Murder victim’s sister thanks KC for its help

http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/mary-sanchez/article107389647.html

Brandy Helbock-Castaneda Memorial #4BKC Facebook Page

17. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Active Member

An arrest was made earlier this month.

Paroled murderer charged in beating death of Kansas City woman two years ago

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article203790194.html