Found Deceased MO - Cassidy Rainwater, 33, *GRAPHIC CONTENT* nude & caged in photos, Buffalo, 15 Jul 2021 *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tigertales, Sep 24, 2021.

1. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

I suspect Norton has given them a lot of info. Also according to the affidavit, Phelps was first questioned about Cassidy’s disappearance on Sept 1, so about a week after she was reported missing. It’s likely that her family or friends knew she was last seen at or near his house. There’s a reason LE checked there in the first place.

BTW…I don’t think the agent’s name needs to be publicized. I’m using her initials out of respect.

2. notaname

notaname Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said. I think it's likely that we will see updated charges in the next few weeks, and Norton at the very least corroborated the date that Cassidy was "restrained", so it's likely he's cooperating to some extent. This is a really sad case (aren't they all?), and it's been upsetting to see the irresponsible speculation thats been spread.

3. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Investigators say they are waiting for DNA evidence to return. They haven't said the DNA is to identify CR. LE hasn't said they found her remains or any other remains. It's all up in the air until LE confirms or fills us in. o_O

4. Tippy Lynn

Family reported CR missing on Aug 25th and JP was first questioned on Sept 1st. That's exactly one week later. I wonder if her family told LE she was staying with JP, if she was last seen with him or if her family or LE suspected JP for some reason.

5. notaname

There was an interview with a female neighbor earlier reported in this thread where the neighbor confirmed she'd met CR and referred to the living situation as a "menagerie", which I found strange. To me that indicates that CR being at that place was common knowledge before she went "missing".

Edited to add the source for the quote.
    THE LATEST: What we know about the disappearance of Cassidy Rainwater and the Dallas County, Mo. investigation

6. Tippy Lynn

That's what it sounds like to me as well.

7. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

I don’t think she called the living situation a menagerie. It sounds like she (mis)used that word to describe current mess with Cassidy missing and the two men being arrested, etc. Also note that the article says she knows Cassidy and knows of the suspects. That seems like she does not personally know Phelps and Norton. I agree though that it sounds like Cassidy is known to be in the neighborhood.

Here is the quote from the article:
    “A woman who knows Rainwater and of the suspects speaks with KY3 on the condition of anonymity. She said she can’t wrap her head around all of this.

“I’ve been incredibly unsettled since the whole Menagerie started,” she said. “I’m continuing to pray for her family. I can’t fathom what her family is experiencing and I’m heartily sorry that that happened so close to my home,”

The woman recalls Rainwater as being friendly.

“She would stop by she would talk to us when we were outside working. I don’t think Cassidy would have ever run off without keeping contact with her family,” she said.” THE LATEST: What we know about the disappearance of Cassidy Rainwater and the Dallas County, Mo. investigation

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  8. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

I don't either. I'm still gonna ask the OP to provide an MSM link because otherwise its another rumor. JMO

9. dstewart424

dstewart424 New Member

YaYa_521, HayLouise, abams and 12 others like this.
  10. DetectiveDraper

DetectiveDraper Well-Known Member

11. DetectiveDraper

DetectiveDraper Well-Known Member

According to case net docket, warrant was requested and issued the same day. Not sure if that speaks to severity of the crime. Bond seems very low to me. I wonder if this was domestic — I wish LE would at least clarify on that one. Also, working on trying to find the probable cause statement— if anyone has beat me to it please let me know!

YaYa_521, bluenoser, ClaireNC and 6 others like this.
  12. notaname

Yeah, you'd expect no bond if related to the CR case.

13. EllaMae

EllaMae Well-Known Member

Shades of the Heather Elvis case....

14. Hansen

Hansen Well-Known Member

This kind of has the feeling of a "trafficking" ring. When's the last time a suspects house burnt down on the FBI's watch? You'd think that house would've been taped off and guarded.
    I also wonder why they didn't find the trip wires when they arrested them. Were they put in after? Was the house searched for evidence before it was burned down? I get they're probably not going to divulge this information but some of the details released don't add up.

YaYa_521, abams, bluenoser and 12 others like this.
  15. Hansen

Hansen Well-Known Member

100% agree. The crime scene not being secured is very suspicious and or sloppy. Before this small town sheriff gets in his feelings on a press release he needs to ask himself how did an entire house not get taped off and secured? You don't need to be privy to his intel to know there's no excuse for letting the crime scene burn down. If indeed this anonymous photo tip came from the dark web, why were these two guys posting it? Was this the only girl they posted photo of? Here's some interesting info about the trafficking problems in Missouri
    Human Trafficking on I-44

16. PawneeDew

PawneeDew Well-Known Member

https://www.myozarksonline.com/body...UkriY9m0Yco8M2ixtuI1nNZZ5M3_NgdzMKvD8yEw9tNPg
    "Unnamed sources tell Regional Radio News that during the search of Phelps property, officers located the partial remains of one person, who has not been identified at this time."
    Hmmm. Has mainstream media ever used a 'crime blog' as a source? No sarcasm intended...

17. cnmccarthy

cnmccarthy Well-Known Member

Completely agree. The fact that people cared enough to talk about Cassidy on tiktok is the ONLY way I found out about her. The people that have these “crime blogs” care. They’re getting the word out and from what I’ve seen, many of them only post factual and proven statements/videos, at least the tiktok ones do. I kind of get where he’s coming from, and that it’s not their job to tell us everything, but it did come across aggressive to me as well.

YaYa_521, abams, bluenoser and 9 others like this.
  18. cnmccarthy

cnmccarthy Well-Known Member

If I could like this a MILLION TIMES I would.

19. ?!?

?!? Well-Known Member

A search on 'Missouri missing' yields one govt site that lists 596 adults as of today, and a ky3 article referencing 1,000 kids who went missing (presumedly voluntarily) in 2019 from state foster care.

20. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2021
    YaYa_521, Lyanna, swedeheart and 8 others like this.