Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeepThinker

DeepThinker Well-Known Member

One place I would look is some of his favorite places, or if he was looking forward to something coming (this is where it gets scary), a person getting tired of hearing him ask about when are we going to see ***** or when is ***** coming, or something similar, might get them ready to go meet or go wait for someone, and here's your snack until they come and pick you up?
    This is just a theory, a very dark one at that. :(

2. Presley78

Presley78 Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen the names of the parents or the sitter released. But there maybe articles posted recently that have them. I’m curious too.

Here’s my big problems with this whole thing:
    1. He left at night, in the dark. My son who is 5 is terrified of the dark, he would never venture out alone.
    2. He left with what I feel are necessities a sound minded adult would think to bring, not a 3 year old child. The fact he left with the items is all we know, I’m assuming he was wearing the gloves, shoes, and coat but that’s just pure speculation. My son also refuses to carry anything so I just can’t imagine this tiny human lugging all that with him.
    3. The specific items they say are missing, like cookies and juice boxes. We have 4 kids and I couldn’t tell you if anything was missing food or drink wise, unless it was prepacked in his bag for the next day.
    4. He’s missing 2 front teeth. Most kids won’t lose those until 6 or so and dentists steer away from pulling decayed teeth because it can affect the adult teeth growing in. But I’m not a dentist so maybe it was done for the better.

3. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

You’re an angel. I love this.

4. Presley78

Watch Live Newscasts
    Not sure if this is the station that will have the live feedback of the presser.

5. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

Exactly my thoughts too.

6. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

KFVS is in Cape Girardeau, a few hours drive from Jefferson City, but they may have live coverage.

KOMU says they will live stream the presser on their FB page. They're in Columbia, MO, just a few minutes north of Jeff City.

KOMU 8

7. MissMalowe

MissMalowe Well-Known Member

8. 4SAM

4SAM Kentucky - Texas - Kansas - Missouri

keep in mind that if his everyday schedule had him picking out his juice box, getting his weather gear on, then he may have been going through his morning routine. Thinking he was being a big boy by doing this.

MOO

9. Presley78

Thank you! I did a quick google search and wasn’t sure. I’m on the east coast, so is the local time there 10:07? I’m an hour ahead I think

inmyhumbleopinion and SAMS like this.
  10. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

11. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

We will be live streaming the press conference about missing 4-year-old Darnell Gray on our Facebook page at 10:30 a.m. Here is a link: KOMU 8

Emma Claybrook on Twitter

BREAKING NEWS: Jefferson City Police will hold a news conference at 10:30 this morning in connection with the disappearance of 3-year-old Darnell Gray. We will stream this live on @KRCG13 Facebook page. @JeffCityPolice

Elizabeth Hoffman on Twitter

12. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

Does anyone have a map of the neighborhood?

13. Betty P

Presser beginning now. One minute will begin

KOMU 8

14. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

.@JeffCityPolice say it had more than 35 officers out over night searching for 4-year-old Darnell Gray. The department asks that if you want to volunteer to search you need to go through JCPD.

15. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

JCPD asks Jefferson City citizens to contact them before trying to help in search efforts for Darnell Gray #abc17news

B4FEFE28-2D56-4EAC-8901-609608D3591E.jpeg

Jasmine Ramirez on Twitter

16. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

“We believe there are people who have more information but they sometimes don’t call in unless there is an incentive.” -@JeffCityPolice on the $500 Crime Stoppers reward for info on Darnell Gray. @KOMUnews

17. Betty P

Thanking everyone. Thanking volunteer searchers, don't do it on your own though. MSP and FBI are working on it.

Officers continued working through the night. Are still searching. Contact Police Dept. if you want to help search. Contact Sgt. Mathern(?)

Family and friends are trying to search, too.

Answering questions now. A lot of units searching. School not in session, so resource officers are helping.

Crime Stoppers offering $500 reward. Call their tip line. Believe there are people who have information.

Concentrating on area around the residence. Have no reason to believe he's farther away. Weather is such that he wouldn't have gone farther.

Now getting a lot of leads, right now still a "missing" situation. Trying to keep all options open. Reporting person was not the parent, but was a caregiver who reported him missing. Continue to look at all avenues.

End of presser.

18. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

.@JeffCityPolice say Darnell Gray’s caregiver is the one who called him in missing yesterday morning. @KOMUnews

19. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

Would like to know more about her/him?

20. Lucyray

Lucyray Well-Known Member

Oh geez. My brain just went to Emily Glass...caregiver. I hope and pray this little guy is found and safe, today. My hinky meter is jumping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.