MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

Thanks Suzie and MeAgn you all have made me feel welcome.
Anyway to answer the questionyes Dennis was a insurance salesman while he lived her in Mo.
To answer the second question the family is having a very very hard time with all of this. It is a big deal with lots of Meida.
they need your prayers.

i will try best I can to answer any questions you might have, I dont know if I will be able to but I will try.

Mellis, do you know his widow's name and if she has remarried?

Thanks Suzie and MeAgn you all have made me feel welcome.
Anyway to answer the questionyes Dennis was a insurance salesman while he lived her in Mo.
To answer the second question the family is having a very very hard time with all of this. It is a big deal with lots of Meida.
they need your prayers.

Good Morning Melis. From little bits I've gathered it appears that the recent investigations came as a surprise for your family, even though his death has always been a bit suspect. Did your family have any serious suspicions before the recent events? How did he current investigation come to be and how did your family find out about it? For instance, was the family contacted by law enforcement or did they read it in the news like the rest of us?

The family has a rough road ahead of them finding out this and then dealing with being flung into the public eye. They definitely have my prayers.

Hi everyone,
To answer the first question yes I do know his wife's name but i think I will keep it private for now. I was sure there was a news article that listed her name and that she was a suspect but now I cant find it. GRRR. I have searched and searched. If I find that article I will post it.

Ok now on to Suzies questions, As far as the immidiate family I not sure how it all came down and I am not prying. But I will tell you this. As you know Denny Died in 92. His wife remarried that husband also died. She married again that man almost died but he didnt. HUMMMMMM. That should answer some questions for you all.As far as how I found out my mom seen it on the local news that Denny's body had been exumed we were shocked. There was never any suspicion of foul play. Although my granny (Dennis was her Nephew) did say she was surprised that they said Denny had a heart problem. Regaurdless of what you will read.. as far as we know Denny had never been to the Dr for heart conditions nor was on any meds. His wife said he had chest pains and chose not to have a autopsy done. humm. Anyway thats what I will tell you for now.
its all so sad.

I will keep looking for that site that lists the wife's name and then I will post it. It will soon be out anyway I think.

Hi everyone,
To answer the first question yes I do know his wife's name but i think I will keep it private for now. I was sure there was a news article that listed her name and that she was a suspect but now I cant find it. GRRR. I have searched and searched. If I find that article I will post it.

Ok now on to Suzies questions, As far as the immidiate family I not sure how it all came down and I am not prying. But I will tell you this. As you know Denny Died in 92. His wife remarried that husband also died. She married again that man almost died but he didnt. HUMMMMMM. That should answer some questions for you all.As far as how I found out my mom seen it on the local news that Denny's body had been exumed we were shocked. There was never any suspicion of foul play. Although my granny (Dennis was her Nephew) did say she was surprised that they said Denny had a heart problem. Regaurdless of what you will read.. as far as we know Denny had never been to the Dr for heart conditions nor was on any meds. His wife said he had chest pains and chose not to have a autopsy done. humm. Anyway thats what I will tell you for now.
its all so sad.

I will keep looking for that site that lists the wife's name and then I will post it. It will soon be out anyway I think.

Wow, Melis. The FIRST time I read about this case and noted that a man's remains were dug up, I thought, "black widow," maybe? Now, obviously, that theory is front and center.

Thank you for your informative posts.

ETA: I may have missed this if it was mentioned earlier, but how many times was Dennis married? I found records of a marriage to a woman whose name started with a "J," and an address for that woman with the last name of Spriggs in Kirksville.

Steve

Melis, thank you for your insight. I can certainly understand why you can't or won't discuss certain info. From what you've stated it certainly appears that LE doesn't think Denny had a heart problem. And your poor family has absolutely had the rug yanked out from under them haven't they?

Soooooo, any WS'ers good at digging up marriage licenses?.....

ETA: Steve you answered my question before I asked. lol.

Wow steve you are good!! It does start with J. Dennis was only once. I think he was engaged once. Before he meet this J person. Steve if you know her name pm me and I will tell you if its right.

ok ok.... its driving me crazy I will tell you her name is Jeanee. If any one else can help me find the news article that talks about her and the death of her other husband please post the link. It driving me crazy. I know I seen it but now I can find it. Thanks

Melis, thank you for your insight. I can certainly understand why you can't or won't discuss certain info. From what you've stated it certainly appears that LE doesn't think Denny had a heart problem. And your poor family has absolutely had the rug yanked out from under them haven't they?

Soooooo, any WS'ers good at digging up marriage licenses?.....

ETA: Steve you answered my question before I asked. lol.

Jeanne and Dennis were married August 12, 1967. You know I do my little thang, SuziQ.

Lol, Steve and you are very good at doing your little thang.

Melis, if you don't know who Steve is, he's a very trustworthy and highly respected crime writer.

cool maybe he can help me find more info on one of her other husbands .. I will pm you steve.
thanks

So far, I've been able to track a woman named Jeanne from Kirksville, MO to Salt Lake City, Utah. She married Dennis Spriggs in August, 1967. They were close to the same age -- she's about 60 now.

She seems to have passed through Iowa along the way and acquired another surname.

I'm not saying this woman did a blooming thing to anyone. I have no idea. But information I've turned up tracks her from Missouri to Utah. Just saying.

Steve

Yes I agree with steve ... whatever I say on here I am not saying Jeanne did anything. Just the she is being looked at as a suspect. Thanks Steve for all your hard work.

Bruce Winn Fulford passed away in Jan. 2007 at the age of 63. His wife was the same Jeanne who was once married to Dennis Spriggs. From Bruce's obituary:
Bruce Winn Fulford, known by the local children as the "Candy Man" passed away January 4, 2007, quietly at his home in Hyde Park, UT. He was born September 11, 1943, in Rockford, Illinois, to Donald Bills Fulford and Barbara Knickerbocker Hubbell. He was the oldest of five children, all of whom survive: Linda Gault, Mary Fulford, and Charles Fulford, all of Ypsilanti, MI; and Jane Mohr of St. Petersburg, FL. He graduated from Ypsilanti High School and Cleary College. He then served in the United States Army during the Vietnam War and worked for UPS for 32 years as an industrial engineer. He was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Fulford is survived by his wife Jeanne...
So... Dennis Spriggs was married to Jeanne Louise (maiden name Howard) from 1967 to 1992, when he died. Jeanne went to Ottumwa and married Roy D. Forgy, who is, as far as I can tell, still alive n' kickin'. They divorced at the end of the 90s. She then married Bruce Fulford. For a time, she was also the executive director of the Murray, UT Chamber of Commerce. Bruce died last year.

Bruce's death came just 11 days before the death of Oscar Lewis Howard.

Jeanne's father. He died on January 15, 2007.

At this point the little defense attorney I've learned to wake in my head any time I get suspicious is piping up and saying that this could all still be coincidence.

It could. Maybe it is. But it's hard to deny that we all find coincidences interesting, isn't it?

Just to recap --

Dennis Spriggs -- passes away unexpectedly, death seemingly kept very quiet. Married to Jeanne.

Roy Forgy -- married for a relatively short time to Jeanne. She was a member of the Ottumwa, IA C of C during that marriage. They divorce, he's unscathed, apparently. I did find court records in Iowa's online case search system that indicated Roy might not be able to care for himself.

ETA: Doris Jeanne Howard -- Jeanne's mother, died in 2005. She was in a care center, so the death could have been natural, expected.

Bruce Fulford -- Jeanne's 3rd (?) husband, Hyde Park, UT. Suffers heart troubles in 2003, dies 1/04/07. Jeanne became ex. dir. of the Hyde Park C of C at the beginning of this century. She's no longer listed on their website.

Oscar L. Howard -- Jeanne's father. Dies 1/15/07, age 82. Bruce Fulford, incidentally, is mentioned in the obit.

As people age and sometimes get sick, these things happen. So I have to wonder what else is up. What do the cops know that we haven't learned, yet?

I'd blog about this (for anyone who doesn't know the difference -- no, this isn't a blog, it's a forum, a message board, and the two are very different mediums -- for instance, I run my own blog, and I'm just folks here), but there's still too much room for skepticism for me to set it in stone like that. Ms. Howard/Forgy/Fulford could just be unlucky.

Steve

Makes me wonder if the reason Roy Forgy can't take care of himself is because he is the husband who almost died but didn't.

Steve, thank you so much for posting the above info. It sure is alot more info than we had previously to go on.

Makes me wonder if the reason Roy Forgy can't take care of himself is because he is the husband who almost died but didn't.

Steve, thank you so much for posting the above info. It sure is alot more info than we had previously to go on.

No problem. It's speculative, but grounded speculation. I had an instinctive feeling right away, if you read my first post from some time back in this thread, that we might be looking at some kind of "Black Widow" situation.

You have to wonder, though, why there's been no new articles, and no national articles. Couldn't find any AP stories, for instance. That may be in Ms. Howard/Spriggs/Forgy/Fulford's favor.

Steve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back