MO MO - Earl Joggerst, 15, Arnold, 4 Aug 1972

Don't know if this has been posted here before. The unidentified boy in swimming trunks, a victim of Dean Corll, has a new facial reconstruction which looks a lot like Jay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-09-11-45-31-209_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-09-11-45-31-209_com.android.chrome.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 3
Don't know if this has been posted here before. The unidentified boy in swimming trunks, a victim of Dean Corll, has a new facial reconstruction which looks a lot like Jay.

I'm pretty sure he's in the rule outs, but it's believed they may have both met the same fate at the hands of Corll.

The rule-outs seem to make it clear that LE has not forgotten his case, but can anyone explain to me why LE would think, for 51 years, that it’d be pointless for anyone to know where he was last seen? Or did Geraldine simply refuse to ever say a word on the subject?

The rule-outs seem to make it clear that LE has not forgotten his case, but can anyone explain to me why LE would think, for 51 years, that it’d be pointless for anyone to know where he was last seen? Or did Geraldine simply refuse to ever say a word on the subject?
IIRC the Missouri State Police are in charge of the case. We can only assume they have some information from Geraldine, but are still not revealing it to protect the case. It's frustrating as it might help rule out some unidentified males. Perhaps they know some people involved in his death who are still living. It's not much of an answer but people should stay interested and ask questions. JMO there's a slight chance there are people still living who aren't guilty of any crime, but who may know something.

I wonder if it would help to have local news media in Jay's home town run a story. Has anyone done a podcast about his case?

my aunt is first cousins with jay. He had a horrible life at home.his mother was not a very kind person towards him. My aunt said when they would visit, jay would do all the chores and when he was done, his mama pulled out all the clean dishes and made him do them all over again. Never was he allowed to go play.
This makes me think Earl is alive and chose to runaway to escape his tragic home life.

Like someone earlier in this thread, I have thought it possible he may be the Belle Chasse John Doe. Of course, we would need to account for the time from August of 1972 until Feb of 1975, but if Earl/"Jay" was accustomed to doing all kinds of work around the house for his mom, maybe he easily found some kind of a job? New Orleans maybe? Especially as the two young people left with a 30 year-old....and very weird no additional information provided on that front.

One thing I wanted to point out is the dates/grades in school. I found a clipping which has the 7th grade honor roll for Fox Jr High from fall of 1969, and it lists Jay Joggerst as a 7th grader, so I think the list given here may be off a year? Wouldn't Jay have been entering his sophomore year in 1972? Not sure how to note this here without bringing in all of his other classmates, but if you have a Newspapers account, look for this, or search Jay Joggerst and Missouri and it should pop up.

I was not able to find him in the appropriate yearbook as the Freshman class that year weirdly goes from the kids with surnames ending in the letter F to kids with names ending in W. True both on Ancestry and Classmates.

Naborhood Link News​

25 Nov 1969, Tue ·Page 15

I've suggested this in the Belle Chasse John Doe thread, but the more I think about it,the more possible I think this is...(I cleaned up the photo a bit to make it less blurry.) Screen Shot 2024-02-17 at 12.26.13 PM.png

Like someone earlier in this thread, I have thought it possible he may be the Belle Chasse John Doe. Of course, we would need to account for the time from August of 1972 until Feb of 1975, but if Earl/"Jay" was accustomed to doing all kinds of work around the house for his mom, maybe he easily found some kind of a job? New Orleans maybe? Especially as the two young people left with a 30 year-old....and very weird no additional information provided on that front.

One thing I wanted to point out is the dates/grades in school. I found a clipping which has the 7th grade honor roll for Fox Jr High from fall of 1969, and it lists Jay Joggerst as a 7th grader, so I think the list given here may be off a year? Wouldn't Jay have been entering his sophomore year in 1972? Not sure how to note this here without bringing in all of his other classmates, but if you have a Newspapers account, look for this, or search Jay Joggerst and Missouri and it should pop up.

I was not able to find him in the appropriate yearbook as the Freshman class that year weirdly goes from the kids with surnames ending in the letter F to kids with names ending in W. True both on Ancestry and Classmates.

Naborhood Link News​

25 Nov 1969, Tue ·Page 15

What exactly are you looking for in the timeline related to his school years? The month and year he disappeared was established by LE and his family.

Missing Since: August 4, 1972

Date of Birth: April 17, 1957

You should probably work from those dates.

re dates: just noticed there were dates associated with school grades mentioned earlier which seemed off, so mentioned the honor roll and date for Grade 7 in case it was helpful for anyone looking for additional photos or anything else that might be found in yearbooks or school records.

re dates: just noticed there were dates associated with school grades mentioned earlier which seemed off, so mentioned the honor roll and date for Grade 7 in case it was helpful for anyone looking for additional photos or anything else that might be found in yearbooks or school records.
I will check my old yearbooks tomorrow, but IIRC, there wasn’t a photo for 1972.

Are you searching for a photo from some particular time? Are you looking for timeline information? Just trying to figure out what you are looking for.

I will check my old yearbooks tomorrow, but IIRC, there wasn’t a photo for 1972.

Are you searching for a photo from some particular time? Are you looking for timeline information? Just trying to figure out what you are looking for.
Thanks! I was wondering if there were additional images that might be better quality. In considering if he could possibly be a match for Belle CHasse John Doe, that young man was said to have slightly protruding teeth, for example. So any image that might show teeth/smiling, etc would be of definite interest.

Thanks! I was wondering if there were additional images that might be better quality. In considering if he could possibly be a match for Belle CHasse John Doe, that young man was said to have slightly protruding teeth, for example. So any image that might show teeth/smiling, etc would be of definite interest.

I just checked my copy of the 1972 FHS yearbook. Earl "Jay" Joggerst is listed under the freshman class (Class of 1975). He's listed as Earl Joggerst. He's under the list of people who were not available to have their school photo taken. The list is on page 194 of the yearbook. Hope this helps. The page isn't numbered, but the previous page is.

Could he have made it to Texas? I keep seeing a reconstruction for a Doe Unidentified Person Case found in relation to Dean Corll(the candyman) and it makes me wonder.
I was looking Jay up for the exact reason you just stated. I stumbled on the picture of the Doe linked to Dean Corl and was kind of struck by the similarities when I discovered Jay's missing persons case. Has there been anything further in regards to this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back