MO MO - Echo Michelle Lloyd, 47, no bank & cellphone activity, Edwards, Benton Co, 10 May 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Choochoobella

Choochoobella Well-Known Member

Current LE Status

Benton County Sheriff’s Office initially handled the investigation and the family was disappointed with how they were handling things but they know it’s a small, rural dept that lacks resources. They didn’t respond to requests for an interview and declined The Vanished’s record request. The Missouri Highway Patrol recently took over case. The Missouri Highway Patrol promised to respond to Marissa’s record request by Dec. 18, 2020 but hasn’t provided any records as of Jan. 15, 2021. They also never responded to her request for an interview. (That is unusual; Marissa, host of The Vanished Podcast, is amazing at getting information that others can’t. I think she is particularly tenacious.)

If you have any information, please call the Missouri Highway Patrol at 573-526-6178.

2. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Methinks the mold in her house was a man.

And it cost her her life.

Heartbreaking on every level.

JMO

3. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Thank you so much for doing this! I can read easier than listening and there is so much information from that podcast! So much we didn’t know.

4. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for these amazing summaries!

Poor Echo.

5. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

Thank you, Choochoobella, for your excellent summaries. We appreciate them so much. I feel that Echo was in more than a platonic relationship with that neighbor. This is how he was able to gain such control over her and everything that she had. I hate to be a pessimist, but it will be a monumental task to find out what happened to Echo. I understand that the neighbor flew the coop shortly after Echo disappeared. Don't know if that is true.

6. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

Your information and input is so helpful and much appreciated! Thanks is simply not enough.

7. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

To the kind of person who invades another person's life and home, Echo's kindness and politeness and friendliness and naivete and warmth might be all the "permission" a person like that needs. Echo obviously didn't like it, but perhaps she didn't see him as a danger, just a pest, who she thought at first she could befriend in charity, then hold at bay, then ultimately confront. She didn't have to be in ANY kind of relationship with a person like that for a person like that to believe something else entirely.

She may not have realized the extent and danger of it. Until she did.

Which might be how we got to here.

JMO

8. Choochoobella

Choochoobella Well-Known Member

I was happy to write up the summary of the podcast. I had read the whole thread and thought The Vanished Podcast had a lot of information we hadn't heard yet, so I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Like most of you, I don't feel optimist for sweet Echo. I was particularly concerned after hearing how former girlfriends were still so afraid of the neighbor. It was clear that Echo was afraid of telling this guy to leave her alone.

Do you think the neighbor held Echo hostage in her own home for a period of days between May 10 and May 15? Or maybe the neighbor was basically living with Echo in her home before she went missing. That might explain why Echo was discouraging Kelsey from visiting, making excuses that her house was too dirty, etc. I think it's most likely that the neighbor had been staying in Echo's home and she told him to leave after the Walmart excursion. It's hard to imagine how the confrontation might have gone down. Why was Echo's pistol away from her house in the woods? I think all signs point to the neighbor having done something to Echo.

I get the feeling Echo might have been embarrassed at the situation she was in right before her final confrontation with the neighbor. It doesn't sound like Echo told her friends much about what was going on, only her daughter Kelsey, and even that was only recently. Did the neighbor get control of Echo's money and house because Echo was too afraid to stop him? It's hard to understand how the neighbor got control of everything Echo had in a relatively short time.

And what about the grandfather? Did the neighbor break his grandfather's back and leave him like that? Where is the neighbor now?

9. kelsie

kelsie Missing Persons Advocate, Writer, and Researcher

See I thought that also, but Kelsey is absolutely ADAMANT that Echo wanted to be single as a pringle and not romantically involved with anyone. I think the neighbor weaseled his way into her life as someone she felt she was "helping"

10. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

I trust Kelsey. I think it what one-sided, unreciprocated, likely Echo didn't want to be "mean" so she tried to set boundaries, unaware of what danger lurked there.

If someone was in and out of her house regularly, that person likely befriended her dog.

But whatever happened to Echo scared the dog.... or... I wonder if LE ever thought to test the dog.... sedative, poison.... maybe that's why there's no sign of a scuffle... maybe both Echo and her dog were incapacitated...

JMO

Butterfly333, Rolo, YaYa_521 and 14 others like this.
  11. kelsie

this is a great think-outside-the-box idea. i am in contact with kelsey and i will ask her once she has a chance to talk to me. :)

12. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Has anyone discovered the neighbor's name? I expect we're not posting that here, as LE has not named a POI or suspect yet.

But, we often know the names of a missing person's neighbors....

13. sunsetbeach

sunsetbeach Well-Known Member

I’ve been following this case on Websleuths YouTube channel and a few others. My heart breaks for Kelsey. Like someone else just posted, I’d love to know more about the neighbor but also know we can’t talk about people who are not named. The thing I’m curious about is his age and how he befriended her in the first place. Sadly I do not believe Echo is still alive.

ETA: I found the answer to my question in your previous post, which by the way were amazing. Can’t thank you enough for your detailed write ups.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  14. Heaven Leigh

Heaven Leigh Well-Known Member

Thank you Choochoobella. Your appreciated.

It's pretty obvious who is responsible for her disappearance.
    I'm sure LE has their eyes on this Neighbor. Just waiting.

So he was living with his grandfather in the basement and after Echo disappeared the grandfather broke his back and died?
    This is all strange.

15. kelsie

16. kelsie

I am friends with Kelsey and I am so proud to say that because y'all have no idea what this woman has been through... hell and back and hell and BACK... and she gets up and fights for her mama every single day.
    She is interested in joining Websleuths. I sent her the verified insider info. :)

17. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I listened to The Vanished podcast episode on Echo Lloyd last week.

The daughter reminded me missing Angela Green's daughter who is trying desperately to get attention on her missing moms story.

I would like to suggest she contact Sarah Turney (her sister Alissa Turner went missing in 2001 and Sarah kept the pressure and spot light on her own father. He was finally arrested last year). I believe she advocates now for other missing people, especially ones that don't get a lot of attention. IMO

18. Sunrisenow

Sunrisenow Well-Known Member

19. Limecat

Limecat Lime + Cat = Limecat

20. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

and something(s) that leads LE to the responsible person and a conviction.

jmho ymmv lrr