MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it is the negative, cold blooded indifferent attitude that led this child down the destructive path she is on and I dont see how contining to show her that that is what the world is all about does any good. She needs to be shown that love, forgivness and compassion prevails over evil, darkness and violence. YES she does need to suffer the consequences of her actions but I am certain she can be rehabilitated and I would begin that process by taking her off the medication that likely led to this homicidal behavior to begin with. She is 15 years old, she does not belong in a prison system with hard core criminal adults, she needs to be with kids her own age, in therapy and getting an education so she can learn to become a productive human being again.

If she were a 15 year old rape victim you would rightly call it child rape, here she is a 15 year old alleged murder suspect and we want to call it an adult crime.

I am not trying to pick any fights here or anything and I respect everyone's opinion, I just disagree with a few things in life, two of them being the death penalty and trying children as adults. They are not adults, they dont think like adults and they are not a mentally or emotionally as developed as adults. Try her and convict her as an adult and she will likely become worse than she was when she went in, give her a chance to be rehabilitated and I am certain she would improve and become a better person and learn from her terrible mistake.

It takes courage to forgive people and show compassion towards them, especially those who do not deserve it, but forgiveness and compassion is freedom, it frees you from the grips of hatred and the need for revenge, both of which are heavy burdens to carry.

Yes, I agree that we should forgive and that really is in the Olten family. It is their burden to bear.

But even if you forgive, you cannot allow someone to wreak destruction. If there is no penalty, then why should anyone not do anything they want to? With a little rehab, then anyone can get out to society .

Ted Bundy sounds like he had a heck of a childhood. Charles Manson-what a horrible childhood. Yes, unfair to everyone, to little Ted and to little Charles. Granted, they were older, but wouldn't they have benefited from therapy?

AB had therapy everyday for 2 years. I am sure her grandmother provided her with plenty of love. It sounds like she did what she could.

Read about Margaret Congdon Caldwell who committed her last crime because she is in her 70's now.

Does SRRI drugs make kids into calculating killers? I don't know. I've heard of rage, I've heard of suicide, but I don't know about planning a murder out for a while.

I am serious about this. If anyone thinks she can be saved, take her. But don't impose her on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member