MO MO - Four similar homicides on Indian Creek Trail in Kansas City Aug 2016 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by darkstar105, May 19, 2017.

1. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(Please join us in NOCO if you are so inclined!)

2. VictoriaH

VictoriaH New Member

3. Nick_1

Nick_1 Verified Former Law Enforcement Data Analyst

Someone posted the articles just above this post. Maybe VictoriaH? I'm not sure but the articles should be located directly above this post. Importantly, in the aforementioned article, it states the body had been there for awhile.

Not sure what daughter you're referring to you in your question. I would not leave any child after discovering a human body, no. For that matter I would not leave anyone after making this hypothetical discovery.

Now if I was a vagrant individual, with a warrant or two for let's say drugs and didn't want to go to prison as I'd already been convicted of drug use twice, perhaps I'd reconsider. People don't like the police these days. It never used to be that way. Some citizens do not trust law enforcement; in 2017, it appears many citizen's do not trust law enforcement considering the high profile incidents. As written above, it was stated by law enforcement that this body had been there for quite some time. As such, decomposition was in all likelihood occurring. Google the stages of decomposition, they aren't very pretty.

Criminals don't want to speak to the police as a rule of thumb. The police are the bad guys, in their eyes. If the individual had warrants, a prior criminal record or a percieved negative encounter with law enforcement they don't want to be found near a dead body, in my opinion.

Basically, many plausible explanations exsist that would explain the individual who found the body leaving the scene. The majority of these explanations would rule out this individual's involvement. However, they would definitely be a person of interest.

Fight. Flight. Fright. Which physiological reaction occurred after the individual witnessed a traumatic event like viewing a deceased individual?

4. Nick_1

Slain is simply a descriptive adjective used by the media, usually. I've never heard a law enforcement leader state, "this victim was slain." That would describe the method in which a death occurred. Something like the word heinous would describe the nature of the death.

Thanks for asking, continue shooting questions my way.

-Nick

5. Nick_1

Link me or message me with further details. Like I said, I consider that to be top 5 most baffling cases I've studied.

6. Nick_1

Pretty solid article on the cases and possible relation. Academic and researcher analysis was the standard, "the books and statistics show these facts are likely." Some of it aligned with my original long analysis in the first few pages of this cases thread. I do agree with the gentleman they interviewed as an expert who stated the demographics of the victims are rare; older white men. I believe this too was written about early in this thread by me. He's right on at least one part for sure, very strange to select exclusively older white males if this is the work of one offender.

It is always beneficial to consult the statistics and research on serial offenders.

Yes, statistics never lie.

More importantly, statistics never tell the full truth.

7. VictoriaH

VictoriaH New Member

I had that impression as well. There are so many articles out there it's time consuming to try and find specific ones. Then, with locals, you can't remember if you heard it on the news or reading it in article.

8. darkstar105

darkstar105 Active Member

9. curious jane

curious jane Member

If the best current theory is that this is a serial killer, with an escalating frequency of murders, what would we anticipate the next window of commission to be? Do perps commonly manage to extend the time between crimes once there's been that increase in frequency? Just random questions that occurred to me.

10. Nick_1

Is this directed at me?

11. darkstar105

12. VictoriaH

VictoriaH New Member

13. VictoriaH

VictoriaH New Member

14. darkstar105

15. darkstar105

16. margarita25

17. margarita25

18. buckeye05

buckeye05 Member

This whole case strongly reminds me of the James Dale Ritchie case. If they catch this guy, my gut tells me it will likely be someone similar (intelligent, but very isolated and troubled. Feels wronged by the world, and has come to the end of the rope so to speak and is lashing out).

19. Nick_1

Hello everyone!!! New information to examine, perfect. I'll read it here in a few. Thanks to Margarita25 for quoting me and bringing my attention back to this case.

As an aside, I have completed the verification process and am awaiting my profile to be updated by administrators.

- Nick

20. Nick_1

Wow. That video sure is interesting. That man is either bookin' it somewhere like work for example; or, he knows specifically where he is headed.

Locals- Which direction does this camera appear to be viewing, towards or away from the crime scene?