MO MO - Gina Brooks, 13, Fredericktown, 5 Aug 1989

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by anthrobones, Jun 22, 2008.

1. anthrobones

anthrobones New Member

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/172dfmo.html

Gina Dawn Brooks
    Missing since August 5, 1989 from Fredericktown, Madison County, Missouri.
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: November 28, 1975
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 108 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde hair; green eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Brooks has several small white-colored scars on her left shin.
    Clothing: A blue striped top with white shorts and tennis shoes.
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Brooks was last seen riding her bicycle in her hometown of Fredericktown, Missouri at approximately 10:00 PM on August 5, 1989. A light blue, gray or green station wagon with Missouri license plates was seen in her vicinity at the same time as a witness reported hearing a scream in the neighborhood. A vehicle was heard driving away from the scene shortly thereafter. Brooks' bicycle was found abandoned on High Street later in the evening. There has been no sign of her since that night.
    Three men were implicated in Brooks' disappearance and possible murder in 1998. Nathan "Danny" Williams was charged with Brooks' murder in 1999. Investigators announced that Williams was identified by a witness to Brooks' abduction as the man sitting in the back of station wagon with her. The witness also identified Bryant Squires as the driver of the vehicle. Squires has since died of AIDS-related complications. Timothy R. Bellew, a friend of both Williams and Squires, was also implicated in Brooks' case. Bellew admitted that he lied to the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) about the location of Brooks' body. Bellew claimed her body was buried somewhere on his father's property, but investigators were unable to find her.
    Authorities believe that Williams was the actual murderer of Brooks and Bellew and Squires attempted to help him cover up the crime. Williams pleaded not guilty to the charges in 1999. Brooks has yet to be found.

2. Loading...

3. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

This blows my mind-neither of the two living suspects are behind bars. I want to know why the evidence is not strong enough in this case for a conviction. Do you always have to have a body to put someone behind bars?

4. hollye

hollye Active Member

5. hollye

hollye Active Member

6. hollye

hollye Active Member

7. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

8. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

they might not have killed her-they have sold her into prostitution.

9. KateB

KateB New Member

Published today

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_fb5a69e3-53d9-59cb-a2b2-f63833284ebc.html

10. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/2621137...25-years-after-gina-dawn-brooks-disappearance

11. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

That is so chilling that she yelled her boyfriend's name. that poor girl, taken on the highway. The weird thing is, there were witnesses who saw that car pursue her and no one intervened. But why was she out at 10 at night?

12. SandraLynn

SandraLynn New Member

This is something I'm wondering about too. My 13 year old cousin is never out at that time. :thinking:

13. Jbrown324320

Jbrown324320 Well-Known Member

It was a summer night, most likely no school the next day. In one of the articles, they list her age as 14. My daughter sometimes would be outside at 10pm in the yard or biking home from a friends. It is not unusual for this age. Midnight is a little late. 10pm is not in my opinion

14. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

I still would not let my kid, male or female out that late.

15. KateB

KateB New Member

26 years and still looking for answers
    August 05, 2015
    http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_a8274527-8131-55fe-9206-5de7594c0762.html
    More at link.

16. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

probably unrelated but weirdness:

Cynthia Lou Wofford, 53, is charged with three counts of attempted child abduction kidnapping and assault third degree.

[...]

Police say Wofford drove a pickup onto grass Sunday afternoon in Ste. Genevieve, nearly hitting three girls, ages 12 and 13. She allegedly made bizarre comments to the girls, telling them among other things that she was looking for a girl who went missing in Fredericktown in 1989, a reference to Gina Dawn Brooks, who was never found.

[...]

According to police, Wofford also mentioned Gina Dawn Brooks during an interview with them.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/30242940/perryville-mo-woman-accused-of-kidnapping-3-girls

more at link

17. honesty

honesty Member

Wow what a weird chain of events. The poor woman is obviously very sick and probably very misunderstood. My hope is that they are bringing in mental health professionals to try and unravel what it really is she is trying to explain. I am not giving her a all pass, but I feel like major mental illness is the problem here and there are many levels to her complex way of thinking. Her words "and you should be" are what make me think she is thinking on a complex, not simple level. Remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

18. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators