MO - Girl, 5, dead with sock in her mouth, rope restraint & ligature marks punishment for stealing food, 2 charged, Waynesville, 7 March 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
In a news release, the Waynesville Police Department said its officers were initially called to a home after a student told a school resource officer that his 5-year-old sister had been unconscious and unresponsive at home.

In an affidavit of probable cause, Waynesville police said that when they arrived at the child’s home, a child born in 2006 greeted them at the door and confirmed that a child inside had died, telling the officers, “she choked.”
Shamira Buford booking photo

Shamira Buford is charged with murder for the death of a 5-year-old girl.
Police made contact with two adult females, Shamira Danielle Buford and Angela Nicole West, who were asleep in a bedroom. When officers asked Buford where the 5-year-old child was, she told officers the little girl was located “under a blanket in the northwest end of the living room.” Officers noted the child “appeared to be lifeless.”

Responding officers who saw the 5-year-old noted “extensive ligature marks on (the child’s) wrists, ankles and neck” as well as a gray sock next to her body. The sock had what appeared to be blood and was “saturated with an unknown moisture.” The coroner noted there were fibers in the victim’s mouth.

Officers at the scene noted three pieces of rope in varying lengths. When the officers spoke with the minors in the home, they were told that when the 5-year-old “gets up in the middle of the night and steals, ‘we have to tie her up to the futon.'” The children in the home told officers that West and Buford were upset with the 5-year-old for stealing food, and that West had come up with the solution of tying the child’s arms behind her back and then tying her to the bed.

When officers spoke to West, she allegedly said, “we had been tying her up at the waist just to keep her from wandering … but I haven’t tied her up in a little while.”
Angela West booking photo

Angela West is charged with murder for the death of a 5-year-old girl.
Buford confirmed the story when she spoke to police, saying they had begun by restraining the 5-year-old with duct tape before beginning to tie her up with rope approximately three weeks prior. According to the affidavit, Buford explained the sock by saying that the 5-year-old had kept the other children awake whining and crying: “For a couple of days we did put a sock in her mouth and a bandana over it, or some tape over it. … Last night I don’t know what happened. I got home 10:30, they was already in bed, she was tied up.”

Police noted that Buford, who attended a year and a half of college and is a Certified Nurse Assistant, denied ever putting the rope around the child’s neck or choking her. When police asked if she checked to make sure others were not tying the rope around the child’s throat, she replied, “honestly, no,” according to the affidavit.

In a news release, the Pulaski County Prosecutor’s Office said Buford and West were charged with second-degree murder, involuntary manslaughter, endangering the welfare of a child and child abuse. Both women are being held without bond.
1679113675574.jpeg

In a news release, the Waynesville Police Department said its officers were initially called to a home after a student told a school resource officer that his 5-year-old sister had been unconscious and unresponsive at home.

In an affidavit of probable cause, Waynesville police said that when they arrived at the child’s home, a child born in 2006 greeted them at the door and confirmed that a child inside had died, telling the officers, “she choked.”
Shamira Buford booking photo

Shamira Buford is charged with murder for the death of a 5-year-old girl.
Police made contact with two adult females, Shamira Danielle Buford and Angela Nicole West, who were asleep in a bedroom. When officers asked Buford where the 5-year-old child was, she told officers the little girl was located “under a blanket in the northwest end of the living room.” Officers noted the child “appeared to be lifeless.”

Responding officers who saw the 5-year-old noted “extensive ligature marks on (the child’s) wrists, ankles and neck” as well as a gray sock next to her body. The sock had what appeared to be blood and was “saturated with an unknown moisture.” The coroner noted there were fibers in the victim’s mouth.

Officers at the scene noted three pieces of rope in varying lengths. When the officers spoke with the minors in the home, they were told that when the 5-year-old “gets up in the middle of the night and steals, ‘we have to tie her up to the futon.'” The children in the home told officers that West and Buford were upset with the 5-year-old for stealing food, and that West had come up with the solution of tying the child’s arms behind her back and then tying her to the bed.

When officers spoke to West, she allegedly said, “we had been tying her up at the waist just to keep her from wandering … but I haven’t tied her up in a little while.”
Angela West booking photo

Angela West is charged with murder for the death of a 5-year-old girl.
Buford confirmed the story when she spoke to police, saying they had begun by restraining the 5-year-old with duct tape before beginning to tie her up with rope approximately three weeks prior. According to the affidavit, Buford explained the sock by saying that the 5-year-old had kept the other children awake whining and crying: “For a couple of days we did put a sock in her mouth and a bandana over it, or some tape over it. … Last night I don’t know what happened. I got home 10:30, they was already in bed, she was tied up.”

Police noted that Buford, who attended a year and a half of college and is a Certified Nurse Assistant, denied ever putting the rope around the child’s neck or choking her. When police asked if she checked to make sure others were not tying the rope around the child’s throat, she replied, “honestly, no,” according to the affidavit.

In a news release, the Pulaski County Prosecutor’s Office said Buford and West were charged with second-degree murder, involuntary manslaughter, endangering the welfare of a child and child abuse. Both women are being held without bond.
View attachment 409713
Those who can read my signature or who follow Skyler's thread know how I feel about people who restrain young kids.

Lock. Them. Up. And. Lose. The. Key.

Sending all the positive energy I can to the surviving children. It's unthinkable what they've seen and endured. I hope for healing and safety for them, from this moment on.

MOO

An older child was expected to tie up the younger child!

That person allegedly told police, “She (the girl) has a sticky fingers problem so the solution my parents came up with was to tie her arms behind back and tie her to the bed.”

She said West came up with the idea, the statement says.

“I had to tie her up because Angie has back problems,” she said in the probable cause statement.

Police asked if she was explicitly told to tie her up that night.

“No, I just know that every night I’m supposed to tie her up,” she said in the statement. She said West instructed her to “hogtie” the girl, which including tying a short rope to the bar of the futon and around her neck. Just the girl’s head was the only body part that was on the bed when police found her.

1679142473940.png
Clipart Library.com

According to the probable cause statement, an officer noticed “significant” marks on the girl’s wrists, ankles and neck, as well as a gray sock with blood on it next to the body,” KMIZ reported. The sock was also “saturated with an unknown substance.”

Court documents state that West and Buford had tied the girl to a futon, KCRGreported. According to police, Buford allegedly told officers that the girl would steal food during the night and that the sock was used to stop her from crying and screaming while tied up, the television station reported.

“She (the girl) has a sticky fingers problem so the solution my parents came up with was to tie her arms behind (her) back and tie her to the bed,” one of the siblings told investigators, KMIZ-TV reported, citing the probable cause statement.

According to investigators, West allegedly admitted that the girl would be tied up and would show the other children in the home “how to do it.” She allegedly added that tying the girl up was “a last resort,” KYTV reported.

The two women arrested Tuesday in connection with the death of a five-year-old child have been arraigned in Associated Circuit Court in Waynesville.

39-year-old Angela Nicole West of Waynesville was arraigned on charges of murder in the second degree, endangering the welfare of a child in the first degree, and the abuse or neglect of a child, with an alternative to the murder charge, involuntary manslaughter in the first degree. Court documents allege that West on January 1st and March 7th knowingly acted in a manner that created a substantial risk to the life, body, and health of the young victim by directing others and personally binding the hands, feet, and neck with rope and duck tape, and placing a gag in her mouth at night, and that this offense resulted in the death of the child. West entered not guilty pleas to the charges. 36-year-old Shamira Danielle Buford was arraigned on identical charges with identical court document allegations. Buford entered not guilty pleas to the charges.

Wow -- you said it, Laughing. Thanks for the info.
--------------
Another horrid and maddening death to a dear little child. This kind of thing won't stop until the earth stops spinning.

ty @Laughing the docket shows she is up for arraignment tomorrow.

23PU-CR00269-01 - ST V ANGELA NICOLE WEST (E-CASE)
Arraignment Scheduled
Scheduled For: 03/21/2023; 11:00 AM ; COLIN P LONG; Pulaski

same for Shamira.

Awful horrible nasty humans. That poor baby. because she was hungry. WTH?

OK, first of all - this thread has just shown up for me, haven't read through yet and am actually questioning myself as to why I am about too but the title of the thread - WTAF is WRONG with people? WHO does this sort of thing?
Saddened, sickened and so so angry at seeing such a thread - she was a CHILD, there is NOTHING that a child or in fact anyone can do that warrants such despicable and monstrous acts.

Moo
Now I'm crying.

Imo, children don't "steal" FOOD.
They are trying to eat because they're hungry !
There have been other fatal abuse cases where the child was accused of theft when in actuality they were only hungry and and been deprived of nourishment.

Sometimes if treats are left out a child will help themselves, but that's on the caregiver.
Had this girl been deprived of proper food , and was trying to feed herself when the monsters were asleep or gone ?
:mad:
Lock this vile pair up and keep them there.

Rest in peace to the child.
Not even a photo of her ?
I'm wondering if a pic showed a child who was too thin for her age.....

Angela appeared at her at her arraignment. here is the court activity:
03/21/2023 Plea/Trial Setting Scheduled
Scheduled For: 03/28/2023; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM EARL HICKLE; Pulaski
Arraignment Held
Scheduled For: 03/21/2023; 11:00 AM ; COLIN P LONG; Pulaski
It appears a motion for change of venue out of circuit was filed but I don't see where it has been heard.

Imo, children don't "steal" FOOD.
They are trying to eat because they're hungry !
There have been other fatal abuse cases where the child was accused of theft when in actuality they were only hungry and and been deprived of nourishment.

Sometimes if treats are left out a child will help themselves, but that's on the caregiver.
Had this girl been deprived of proper food , and was trying to feed herself when the monsters were asleep or gone ?
:mad:
Lock this vile pair up and keep them there.

Rest in peace to the child.
Not even a photo of her ?
I'm wondering if a pic showed a child who was too thin for her age.....
Yep it's like Troy, like Nubia, like the Turpin siblings...

Steal food, get beat, but have a little in your stomach for a while, or don't steal and starve, watching those around you eat and wonder when you'll be allowed anything at all.

MOO

03/27/2023 Motion for Discovery
Request for Discovery; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: BRANDON ALFRED EMERSON SWARTZ
On Behalf Of: ANGELA NICOLE WEST
03/21/2023 Plea/Trial Setting Scheduled
Scheduled For: 03/28/2023; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM EARL HICKLE; Pulaski

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members