MO - Grand Jury Proceedings in the shooting case of teen Michael Brown#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the jury could proceed with 11 jurors, as only nine votes are needed to decide a case.

Joy said that if the tweet is true, it would mean that a juror has breached an oath to preserve the secrecy of the process, and would be “in trouble” with the judge.

He said that he was assuming that evidence was still being presented after hearing a radio interview with McCulloch Wednesday.

“And so, I guess even if one were to assume that somebody on the grand jury said we don’t feel we have enough to indict at this time, that doesn’t mean that’s what’s going to happen, he said.”
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_8d888985-5bc3-585f-b366-f1a3dbf0aba8.html

"Hands up, Don't shoot" from the stream

When I am posting and it takes awhile to go thru because the forum is acting up... I :scared: thinking the thread has been locked again. :lol:

I'm scared..reluctant to start posting or caring again for fear it'll get closed again.

That was just too traumatic to endure twice. Love you lamby.

Have a flu, so barely conscious.. My phone woke me up buzzing with alerts, about the GJ.

Somebody please promise it's a ruse or at least won't cause a start-over, like a mistrial? :begging:

If they had to start over I doubt it would be in Ferguson. Too much proof of threats of harm. This is a perfect case for Change of Venue if they can do that.

:loveyou: Love you guys, too. I do shut it down at night until morning. And someone is always watching the thread to make sure we all behave.

I'm scared..reluctant to start posting or caring again for fear it'll get closed again.

PTSD.. I feel you

I hear you! It drove me straight into the arms of Twitter :shame:

I registered and everything, for real!

Have a flu, so barely conscious.. My phone woke me up buzzing with alerts, about the GJ.

Somebody please promise it's a ruse or at least won't cause a start-over, like a mistrial? :begging:

Mistrial? This tragedy has not even gotten out of the GJ process . . .

and yes, if there is evidence of corruption within the GJ process ("I know someone on the GJ & she said this . . . "), it will start over but the evidence will still show the same thing IMHO

Supporting ODW & due process as guaranteed by the Constitution & All LEOs who sacrifice their lives to keep my property & myself safe & protected!

where'd all these Muslims come from ? I just don't see them in StL (except in names) & not to make it religious but I've never seen Nasheed wearing a hijab EVER & I do see these people out & about in The Lou with my posse

the jury could proceed with 11 jurors, as only nine votes are needed to decide a case.

Joy said that if the tweet is true, it would mean that a juror has breached an oath to preserve the secrecy of the process, and would be “in trouble” with the judge.

He said that he was assuming that evidence was still being presented after hearing a radio interview with McCulloch Wednesday.

“And so, I guess even if one were to assume that somebody on the grand jury said we don’t feel we have enough to indict at this time, that doesn’t mean that’s what’s going to happen, he said.”
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_8d888985-5bc3-585f-b366-f1a3dbf0aba8.html

OMG Klood-N. I love you. Thank you so much.
:flu: Now all OK even if I fall asleep.

OT but please feel better Muffet! I miss your posts :)

Is this a "Meet the Protester" night? Lol!

He's interviewing the protesters and asking for their twitter handles. That poor lady he just talked to has been sick, she says she gets sick a lot. Aww.

Gotta admit this is freaking me out. Not what DW needs right now. And it sounds like this person is trying to help. Ugh!!!

Muffet :grouphug: I hope you feel better soon! Miss you :blowkiss:

Whoa! Fire truck just pulled out! that was loud, goodness!

Per the new article I posted and Missouri statute, I think they can proceed, even if a GJ member broke secrecy and has to be removed.

4. Those persons summoned for grand jury service shall be placed under the control and supervision of the presiding judge of the circuit court, or a judge designated by the presiding judge, who shall select twelve persons to serve as grand jurors. Alternate grand jurors as determined by the judge shall also be selected, to serve as a grand juror upon the death, disqualification, or inability of one of the persons selected as a regular grand juror. The names of those persons selected as grand jurors and alternate grand jurors shall be deleted from the grand jury list.
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5400000021.HTM

540.250. No indictment can be found without the concurrence of at least nine grand jurors. When so found, and not otherwise, the foreperson of the grand jury shall certify under his hand that such indictment is a true bill, by the following endorsement thereon, thus: "A true bill. A B, foreperson".
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5400000250.HTM

More Missouri grand jury information.
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C540.HTM

If they had to start over I doubt it would be in Ferguson. Too much proof of threats of harm. This is a perfect case for Change of Venue if they can do that.

:loveyou: Love you guys, too. I do shut it down at night until morning. And someone is always watching the thread to make sure we all behave.

I'm glad you do whatever works. :bowdown: Just don't *sniff* orphan me... again.. Out in the cold rain, all lonesome, looking for comfort...

: pitiful puppy face:

:eek:fftobed:

:heartbeat:

#sendibgchocolate

That protester just said ebola was a set up to kill them. What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks