MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brief aside to give this thread some material that can be ignored. Since Michael Brown was killed, 21 black males in the city of Chicago have been shot to death, four between ages 9-17. No Lemon, Sharpton, Jackson, Shabazz, NAACP, etc. I'm sorry Mike is dead, feel sorry for his family regardless of how this went down. I just think there is a bigger pandemic that should have more of the daily focus than this case has. Just thought I'd bring it up again to ask why it gets ignored.

ETA: G'night folks, someone get the lights! Oh, and a link to Dorian's knowing the cops wouldn't be called...I stopped listening to DJ after Bosley became his running mate.

If teens in Ferguson think it's okay to steal smokes, then we've wasted 12+ threads talking about the wrong things. Whether he's done it before or not, no way do I buy that he thought it was okay. I'd buy that he didn't give two BM's, but that doesn't appeal to our emotion in an effort to soften Mike's image in the court of public opinion.
Not ALL teens but this particular one, IMO, yes. Remember the story about his mom giving him her card to buy shoes and he bought a playstation? Did his mother make him return it? Nope. Donate it to charity? Nope. The " punishment" was she gave the game to MB's brother. How the heck was he supposed to learn right from what he was raised in?

A brief aside to give this thread some material that can be ignored. Since Michael Brown was killed, 21 black males in the city of Chicago have been shot to death, four between ages 9-17. No Lemon, Sharpton, Jackson, Shabazz, NAACP, etc. I'm sorry Mike is dead, feel sorry for his family regardless of how this went down. I just think there is a bigger pandemic that should have more of the daily focus than this case has. Just thought I'd bring it up again to ask why it gets ignored.
You are not alone. 9-17!
9!!!! Not 18!
If they want some jelly on their biscuits go to Chicago. After men who kill CHILDREN.
Sorry, but MB was a man. His
prefrontal cortex was more advanced than any pre- teen period.
Moo

All posts are MOO

Not ALL teens but this particular one, IMO, yes. Remember the story about his mom giving him her card to buy shoes and he bought a playstation? Did his mother make him return it? Nope. Donate it to charity? Nope. The " punishment" was she gave the game to MB's brother. How the heck was he supposed to learn right from what he was raised in?
It was still available for him to use wasn't it?
Unless the brother lives in a different house.
Mom tried. She enabled him though. Parents need tob be taught that enabling doesn't help,it harms.
:eek:fftobed:
All posts are MOO

Yes, I realize it happens all the time. My point was in this particular case with MB, has HE been doing it for some time and used to it since it doesn't seem to bother him in the least that police can see the vid cam in the store. I'm not particularly interested in half the population but thanks all the same :)

In the most Dorian's most recent interview, with Anderson Cooper, CNN, Coop asked Dorian, if he could do that day all over again, what would he do different. And Dorian said " Well that was just a normal day for us..."

I posted the quote way upthread somewhere. But it did make me wonder, if MB just walked into the minimarts and took whatever he wanted, as a regular 'normal' way of doing things.

And I think the owner of the store was too frightened to call. In my opinion, this was a gang 'owned ' neighborhood and the store owners are very intimidated. Calling the cops can be a dangerous thing to do.

Again...where did I say that teens think it's OK? They know it's not ok...but IMO, they may know the store won't call police.

And since we know they didn't...it's not a leap for me to come to that conclusion.

I am CERTAINLY not trying to justify it happening, or "soften MB's image". He did it! There is no question it happened!

My point was that his mindset at the time - because DJ told us so - that the cops weren't called, so there was nothing for them to be worried about.

It has been stated here on this board and many other places that it doesn't matter if OW knew he stole them...MB KNEW he did and that's why he acted out!!

But if they KNEW the cops weren't called by the store - and again...they did not - why would MB be worried about being arrested for it...and therefore go totally crazy and run away then run back towards bullets being shot at him???

One of the reasons he had that cocky, brazen attitude was because he felt he 'owned' the streets. And that is partly from the 'chemical'high that comes from partying. Baden said there was THC in his tox screen/

If we look at the pix in Daily Mail of the instant memorial set up by his friends, we see MD2020 and NyQuil bottles and Capt Morgans Rum bottles. And we know he needed 50 bucks worth of blunt wraps.

Add that info above, with pix on his twitter and FB. and we see that he was very into the drug culture. So I think it is pretty well certain that he was high that day, as usual. And that chemical plus THC high may have made him feel invincible. jmo :cow:

ETA: G'night folks, someone get the lights! Oh, and a link to Dorian's knowing the cops wouldn't be called...I stopped listening to DJ after Bosley became his running mate.
IMHOO
black on black crime is often ignored.
black on white crime is often ignored.

One of the reasons he had that cocky, brazen attitude was because he felt he 'owned' the streets. And that is partly from the 'chemical'high that comes from partying. Baden said there was THC in his tox screen/

If we look at the pix in Daily Mail of the instant memorial set up by his friends, we see MD2020 and NyQuil bottles and Capt Morgans Rum bottles. And we know he needed 50 bucks worth of blunt wraps.

Add that info above, with pix on his twitter and FB. and we see that he was very into the drug culture. So I think it is pretty well certain that he was high that day, as usual. And that chemical plus THC high may have made him feel invincible. jmo :cow:
So much for sleeping. My puppy is going nuts!

Ugh I hate my phone, it just auto completed
"My purist is good nurse."
WTH?
I have to change my settings or something.
Oh! That spice... I know people that smoked it before GA made it illegal. That stuff makes people bat chit crazy
It induces a schizoid type behavior. All of the mixology with all of the legal and illegal substances cause a cluster of issues. So many 20 somethings "dying suddenly" "dying of natural causes"
Bull honky. 20 ish apparently healthy mom's, dad's, daughter's , Son's , brother, sister, cousin , friend, "people"
Don't just fall over dead!

But that's what the ME is going with. It's wrong!
Yes, some of them go out in a blaze of glory, others suicide by police.
I an still not sure that isn't what is going on here. Just looking at his mom's face. I see a greater sadness...

Ot not. :dunno:

All posts are MOO

Again, my point was stated because we know the store DID NOT CALL the police! And DJ and the other guy stated they "knew" they weren't called.

Why would they "know" that if there wasn't something in their mind that told them they wouldn't?

I am certainly not stating it is right! AT ALL! How was I explaining away his behavior? ***Where did I call it petty theft?*** ETA - OOPS! Sorry, I guess I did. I guess to the store, this was petty theft...again, which is why they did not call the police.

Just stating that IMO, this was the mindset of MB and DJ. Because DJ TOLD us this was his mindset!

DJ said he knew they weren't called???? Do you have a link for that?

They weren't really blocking the whole road... Lol
b94c3aa0b2cdc194ae7498e883d119a8.jpg

All posts are MOO

Having just left a scene where paramedics had been called, and perhaps were still there wrapping up, OW's immediate thought on seeing them in the middle of the road might have been the need to clear the way for the departing paramedics. IOW, OW didn't want the EMTs to have to waste time maneuvering around two idiots blocking their way. moo

If DJ was so confident the police wouldn't be called, knew that's why they were going there, why did he put what Brown handed him back on the counter?

.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ knew he was on candid camera? Maybe that's how he got busted at 19 for the stolen backpack. Wee little men like DJ have a situational awareness that behemoths like MB might not.

Having just left a scene where paramedics had been called, and perhaps were still there wrapping up, OW's immediate thought on seeing them in the middle of the road might have been the need to clear the way for the departing paramedics. IOW, OW didn't want the EMTs to have to waste time maneuvering around two idiots blocking their way. moo

So that is why the paramedics were on the scene so fast?

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Ferguson-Missouri.html

Ferguson crime stats tell a tale. Looking at the "legend" re what's low-avg-high-very high
[latest year is 2012]

Murders: very, very low [2]
Rapes: very, very low [3]
Robberies: low [38]
Assaults: low [37]
Burglaries: average [247]
Thefts: off the chart high/3 times the threshold for "very high" [699]
* and I assume those are just the thefts that were reported

You make a good point about poor parental decisions, enabling and the sense of entitlement that results from that enabling. That is a problem that exists in all communities. My concern is the blatant disregard for authority in that street, in no way do I think Mike's decision on that can be blamed on anyone but Mike.

You make a good point about poor parental decisions, enabling and the sense of entitlement that results from that enabling. That is a problem that exists in all communities. My concern is the blatant disregard for authority in that street, in no way do I think Mike's decision on that can be blamed on anyone but Mike.

I don't really know if throwing shade at MBs mom is necessary. There seemed to be some family issues going on, but it's all relative and we just don't know. For all we know, his parents were actually trying to be tough with him and he saw that as being mean or whatever. Maybe they forced him to go stay with his grandma because they couldn't handle him any more and thought she could do better. I have no idea. I will say this - even though it certainly doesn't complete the entire picture, MB did, in fact, graduate, which is a lot more than many in his community do. Many simply drop out. So I don't know. I think that MB made decisions on August 9 that ultimately caused his death and don't necessarily think you can blame it on his parents. I know my kids aren't perfect. Mine are becoming teenagers and I pray every day they go out into the world that they behave the way I taught them. But there are factors out there in the world that their hormones and social environment have an influence on that I cannot control.

I realize posters are just posting on information from MSM that the family, themselves, released but lets just be careful not to cross the line where we end up sleuthing them. Thanks

Pffffft...

Hopping on the gravy train...move over Rev Al!!!!

Snicker..."justice"
Yeah okay....what a freakin joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the protesters in Ferguson care so much about race relations and the unfair disadvantage they have, maybe they are planning on donating that money to help people in their community, imo. :wink:

They know it isn't ok.
A even a 5yr old knows.
Has anyone ever stolen anything and mama made you take it back?
I never did cause Imma chicken, but my friends did.
If it isn't addressed when they are little, it will continue until they are caught.
*note he didn't go to Walmart and help himself to cigarillos. They will bust you for 0.79cent glycerin suppositories! (even if you are 80)
He knew the little man would not do anything.
Imo

All posts are MOO

He made sure by assaulting and intimidating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31