MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again...where did I say that teens think it's OK? They know it's not ok...but IMO, they may know the store won't call police.

And since we know they didn't...it's not a leap for me to come to that conclusion.

I am CERTAINLY not trying to justify it happening, or "soften MB's image". He did it! There is no question it happened!

My point was that his mindset at the time - because DJ told us so - that the cops weren't called, so there was nothing for them to be worried about.

It has been stated here on this board and many other places that it doesn't matter if OW knew he stole them...MB KNEW he did and that's why he acted out!!

But if they KNEW the cops weren't called by the store - and again...they did not - why would MB be worried about being arrested for it...and therefore go totally crazy and run away then run back towards bullets being shot at him???

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but I don't understand, How would DJ know that the cops weren't called after they left? IMO, MB could certainly have thought he was about to get arrested, and it was that mindset that set everything in motion. IMO, neither of them knew whether or not that cops were called after they left.

:seeya: catching up!
in as few words - a lot is wrong!

also from the article - this is what i also don't understand - different set of rules/laws based on race.

f history is repeated in charges brought up in this case, it is unlikely that hate crime charges will be brought against the savages who brutally attacked Knighten and Weems. Eric Holder, the attorney general who publicly identifies as a progressive activist, said before Congress in 2009 that the hate crime statute cannot be applied in relation to crimes of black people against white people.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

in as few words - a lot is wrong!

also from the article - this is what i also don't understand - different set of rules/laws based on race.

f history is repeated in charges brought up in this case, it is unlikely that hate crime charges will be brought against the savages who brutally attacked Knighten and Weems. Eric Holder, the attorney general who publicly identifies as a progressive activist, said before Congress in 2009 that the hate crime statute cannot be applied in relation to crimes of black people against white people.

Ummmm :eek: What?

Please tell me why this fact isn't all over CNN, MSNBC and Fox

Since the protesters in Ferguson care so much about race relations and the unfair disadvantage they have, maybe they are planning on donating that money to help people in their community, imo. :wink:

That was my point yesterday when someone brought up the idea that more multi million $ lawsuits would be filed.

What good does that do the community? If they stated the monies would go back to the community, to benefit the community instead of for *emotioal distress and punitive damages* I'd have respect for that effort.

These money hungry race baiters are using citizens to ruin their own community. after it's all said and done, it will take years, and years to recover, if they ever do, and the lawyers will be long gone, spending the money they made off the backs of these people. It's deplorable, and criminal given how some of these "organizations" incited this mess in the first place!!!

This may have been answered already but in the search for juvenile records of MB, was it stated that he was charged with 2nd degree murder, or was he convicted of 2nd degree murder? If he was only charged, then he is allowed the cloak of presumed innocence. If he was convicted, the he can rightfully be referred to as a"felon". I do not understand juvenile justice. Was he on probation at the time of his death? Did he have a probation officer? What were the terms of his probation? Thanks. JMO

That was my point yesterday when someone brought up the idea that more multi million $ lawsuits would be filed.

What good does that do the community? If they stated the monies would go back to the community, to benefit the community instead of for *emotioal distress and putative damages* I'd have respect for that effort.

These money hungry race baiters are using citizens to ruin their own community. after it's all said and done, it will take years, and years to recover, if they ever do, and the lawyers will be long gone, spending the money they made off the backs of these people. It's deplorable, and criminal given how some of these "organizations" incited this mess in the first place!!!

What I kept hearing on the news was that most of the vigilantes were from out of town. So that's the worst because they came in, caused damage, and then left, leaving everyone else to deal with the mess.

A brief aside to give this thread some material that can be ignored. Since Michael Brown was killed, 21 black males in the city of Chicago have been shot to death, four between ages 9-17. No Lemon, Sharpton, Jackson, Shabazz, NAACP, etc. I'm sorry Mike is dead, feel sorry for his family regardless of how this went down. I just think there is a bigger pandemic that should have more of the daily focus than this case has. Just thought I'd bring it up again to ask why it gets ignored.

ETA: G'night folks, someone get the lights! Oh, and a link to Dorian's knowing the cops wouldn't be called...I stopped listening to DJ after Bosley became his running mate.

ITA. I thought Obama was trying to put focus on this kind of violence before, but haven't heard anything recently?

I don't really know if throwing shade at MBs mom is necessary. There seemed to be some family issues going on, but it's all relative and we just don't know. For all we know, his parents were actually trying to be tough with him and he saw that as being mean or whatever. Maybe they forced him to go stay with his grandma because they couldn't handle him any more and thought she could do better. I have no idea. I will say this - even though it certainly doesn't complete the entire picture, MB did, in fact, graduate, which is a lot more than many in his community do. Many simply drop out. So I don't know. I think that MB made decisions on August 9 that ultimately caused his death and don't necessarily think you can blame it on his parents. I know my kids aren't perfect. Mine are becoming teenagers and I pray every day they go out into the world that they behave the way I taught them. But there are factors out there in the world that their hormones and social environment have an influence on that I cannot control.

No, you are right. Wasn't trying to disparage the parents, but realize it may have come off that way. My comments in that first line could just as easily apply to me with my kids in the eyes of others.

I think where I go off the rails on this line of discussion is when some excuse his behavior because of his environment or upbringing and then take exception to blaming his behavior because of his environment or upbringing. Both are equally possible in my opinion. I don't take exception to anyone excusing it, I just think the theory I originally commented on is illogical.

What I kept hearing on the news was that most of the vigilantes were from out of town. So that's the worst because they came in, caused damage, and then left, leaving everyone else to deal with the mess.

I agree with you, however, "the bad actors" aren't all from out town, and the "Ferguson Five" involved in the lawsuit certainly aren't.

No, you are right. Wasn't trying to disparage the parents, but realize it may have come off that way. My comments in that first line could just as easily apply to me with my kids in the eyes of others.

I think where I go off the rails on this line of discussion is when some excuse his behavior because of his environment or upbringing and then take exception to blaming his behavior because of his environment or upbringing. Both are equally possible in my opinion. I don't take exception to anyone excusing it, I just think the theory I originally commented on is illogical.

Oh sorry...I knew that Frydaddy...sorry if my post sounded like I was disagreeing or what now...just kind of bounced off your post...wasn't directing my comment about you, but about what you were referencing. Sorry if it came across wrong.

Y'all have brought up something else I want to address.

DJ and the guy with the black tshirt and dreads both stated in their recounting of their version of events...

That no cops were called on them for stealing the cigars. They were pretty adamant about that...and we do know that the store in fact DID NOT CALL! It was a female customer that called.

People have then stated that MB walking in the street with the stolen cigars makes him arrogant, and shows a lack of common sense, etc. That is shows a blatant disregard for authority when he came face to face with a police officer.

My gut feeling here (and that is all it is, IMO and nothing else) is that this store was known to be a place where they didn't call the cops on petty thefts like this...even if pushed.

So in MB and DJ's mind...the cop was in fact just yelling at them to get off the street...and did not in fact know anything about the theft, if he in fact did (which of course is debatable based on reports). MB wasn't being blatantly disrespectful with stolen items in his hands because in his mind, the cop couldn't have known they were stolen!

I hope that makes sense...I feel like I have to put so many caveats and explanations into things...LOL!

DJ is looking better & better. He knows he can get away with taking the cigars yet puts them back.

This is my issue from the last thread.
2dcb0a2069b5449753a2d7e422dd82f6.jpg

See bracelet.
65aeac92409382bde07c8bba4929e0a1.jpg

Don't see bracelet.
c3cc4b95dc0344863a12d09c2d0b0982.jpg

The bracelet and the cigarillos are blurred out!
Why even print this.
Thanks but no thanks.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254753
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-arrest-warrant-theft-busted-lying-cops.html

All posts are MOO

In the last pic, it clearly shows that the shopowner was trying to block MB from leaving the store. He was trying to hold the door shut so MB could not open it. That is why MB shoved him out of the way. A lot of posters continuously say that MB was walking out, and then he just turned around just for the heck of it and just because he felt like it, and shoved the shopowner. And then this is used to explain why they think MB did the exact same thing to OW.

As you can see from the pic and the videotape, MB pushes the shopowner as a result of the shopowner trying to block him from leaving the store. MB then pushes the shopowner out of the way.

I am just stating this because I feel that many posters are distorting what the videotape shows. Again, it is usually made to sound like the shopowner was just standing there, and MB suddenly just turns around and decides to assault him.

The shopowner was trying to use his body to keep MB from leaving the store.

I feel very bad for what the shopowner went through. But let's look at this objectively, folks. If a group of young men come in to rob my store, I am not, as the shopowner, going to put my body in front of the door they are using to get out of the store. That is just asking to get shoved out of the way at best, and at worst to get shot and killed. If he was trying to keep the door shut so MB could not leave, what did he think was going to happen? He was a small guy and he was trying to take on 3 men all by himself.

I imagine this will get responses such as "oh so now you're blaming the shopowner?"

But I am not falling for that. Any person with common sense knows what to expect if they try to use their body to keep a thief from leaving the building. I feel sympathy for the shopowner, however I am also looking at this objectively, and I am not distorting the facts to make fit it into my narrative that MB is a monster. He had just stolen something, and then the shopowner himself decided to jump in front of him and hold the door closed so he couldn't get out. Was this a wise move?

It was NOT that MB was going out, and then just decided to for the fun of it turn around and shove the man.

JMO.

Not ALL teens but this particular one, IMO, yes. Remember the story about his mom giving him her card to buy shoes and he bought a playstation? Did his mother make him return it? Nope. Donate it to charity? Nope. The " punishment" was she gave the game to MB's brother. How the heck was he supposed to learn right from what he was raised in?

Why is that a less effective punishment in your eyes? I actually think that was pretty clever of his Mom and a pretty bad burn! Given typical sibling rivalry and the love of boys for their gaming systems, I think it would be MORE hurtful to see his brother playing the game system HE wanted every day. I bet he learned his lesson about misusing his Mom's money!

So that is why the paramedics were on the scene so fast?
Yeah, if you listen to the scanner recording, the parent doesn't have the child/baby transported. I think it was just congested and it cleared up rather quickly.

All posts are MOO

This is my issue from the last thread.
2dcb0a2069b5449753a2d7e422dd82f6.jpg

See bracelet.
65aeac92409382bde07c8bba4929e0a1.jpg

Don't see bracelet.
c3cc4b95dc0344863a12d09c2d0b0982.jpg

The bracelet and the cigarillos are blurred out!
Why even print this.
Thanks but no thanks.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254753
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-arrest-warrant-theft-busted-lying-cops.html

All posts are MOO

What am I missing? whats the big deal about the bracelet? tia

I need it laid out for me as well. Break it down Barney style, what's the significance of a bracelet? BTW, I can't even SEE a bracelet LOL

I feel very bad for what the shopowner went through. But let's look at this objectively, folks. If a group of young men come in to rob my store, I am not, as the shopowner, going to put my body in front of the door they are using to get out of the store. That is just asking to get shoved out of the way at best, and at worst to get shot and killed. If he was trying to keep the door shut so MB could not leave, what did he think was going to happen? He was a small guy and he was trying to take on 3 men all by himself.

I imagine this will get responses such as "oh so now you're blaming the shopowner?"

But I am not falling for that. Any person with common sense knows what to expect if they try to use their body to keep a thief from leaving the building. I feel sympathy for the shopowner, however I am also looking at this objectively, and I am not distorting the facts to make fit it into my narrative that MB is a monster. He had just stolen something, and then the shopowner himself decided to jump in front of him and hold the door closed so he couldn't get out. Was this a wise move?

It was NOT that MB was going out, and then just decided to for the fun of it turn around and shove the man.

JMO.

RSBM
Yeahhhhhh that's known as victim blaming and it's really not cool, IMHO.

The fact remains that MB strong armed that little man. The shopowner has EVERY RIGHT to try to prevent theft and the response, if MB is a law abiding respectful person, is to not rob a store and certainly not push around a man smaller than him for daring to try to stop him from stealing his merchandise.

Yesterday or the day before someone provided a link to an article (I think it was Newsweek) about gang activity and recruiting and initiation in the St. Louis area that really opened my eyes. The peer pressure on economically depressed teens is powerful. I suspect, MORE powerful than the pressure (if any) on them by their guardians to get a job and go to school and be a respectable, law-abiding citizen. I imagine that MB was seeking recognition from both sources of pressure..........so his parents saw the would-be, jesus-loving, college student and his peers saw him as an up and coming gangsta. JUST MY OPINION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail