MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. I thought Obama was trying to put focus on this kind of violence before, but haven't heard anything recently?

He is just another in a long line of leaders who have pandered to the black community for support, who then ignored those communities until the next need for support comes around. But we can't just blame leadership, there are groups who divert their eyes to the problem and who continue to put these leaders in place time and time again. Real leadership sometimes requires tough love, expecting personal responsibility and self reliance, and saying no. Those who have suggested those things have been labeled and dismissed.

Oh sorry...I knew that Frydaddy...sorry if my post sounded like I was disagreeing or what now...just kind of bounced off your post...wasn't directing my comment about you, but about what you were referencing. Sorry if it came across wrong.

We're good! ;)

I need it laid out for me as well. Break it down Barney style, what's the significance of a bracelet? BTW, I can't even SEE a bracelet LOL

RSBM
Yeahhhhhh that's known as victim blaming and it's really not cool, IMHO.

The fact remains that MB strong armed that little man. The shopowner has EVERY RIGHT to try to prevent theft and the response, if MB is a law abiding respectful person, is to not rob a store and certainly not push around a man smaller than him for daring to try to stop him from stealing his merchandise.

I think it's pretty clear that aa9511 is not victim blaming. Police themselves would NEVER recommend a store owner attempting to take on a thief, particularly one twice his size. The recommended course of action is to let the perp go, make sure you have a good description of him, call police or store security, and let THEM deal with it. Store owners are rarely successful, and often injured/killed, when they attempt to stop robbers.

In the last pic, it clearly shows that the shopowner was trying to block MB from leaving the store. He was trying to hold the door shut so MB could not open it. That is why MB shoved him out of the way. A lot of posters continuously say that MB was walking out, and then he just turned around just for the heck of it and just because he felt like it, and shoved the shopowner. And then this is used to explain why they think MB did the exact same thing to OW.

As you can see from the pic and the videotape, MB pushes the shopowner as a result of the shopowner trying to block him from leaving the store. MB then pushes the shopowner out of the way.

I am just stating this because I feel that many posters are distorting what the videotape shows. Again, it is usually made to sound like the shopowner was just standing there, and MB suddenly just turns around and decides to assault him.

The shopowner was trying to use his body to keep MB from leaving the store.

I feel very bad for what the shopowner went through. But let's look at this objectively, folks. If a group of young men come in to rob my store, I am not, as the shopowner, going to put my body in front of the door they are using to get out of the store. That is just asking to get shoved out of the way at best, and at worst to get shot and killed. If he was trying to keep the door shut so MB could not leave, what did he think was going to happen? He was a small guy and he was trying to take on 3 men all by himself.

I imagine this will get responses such as "oh so now you're blaming the shopowner?"

But I am not falling for that. Any person with common sense knows what to expect if they try to use their body to keep a thief from leaving the building. I feel sympathy for the shopowner, however I am also looking at this objectively, and I am not distorting the facts to make fit it into my narrative that MB is a monster. He had just stolen something, and then the shopowner himself decided to jump in front of him and hold the door closed so he couldn't get out. Was this a wise move?

It was NOT that MB was going out, and then just decided to for the fun of it turn around and shove the man.

JMO.
Not wise at all, but I can't fault the shop owner. I have no idea where he is from and how he is used to handling issues. Maybe he wanted to just slow him down and make sure he had him on tape? Yep he could have lost his life over the cigarillos. Just sad all around. Imo.

All posts are MOO

I need it laid out for me as well. Break it down Barney style, what's the significance of a bracelet? BTW, I can't even SEE a bracelet LOL

RSBM

The fact remains that MB strong armed that little man. The shopowner has EVERY RIGHT to try to prevent theft and the response, if MB is a law abiding respectful person, is to not rob a store and certainly not push around a man smaller than him for daring to try to stop him from stealing his merchandise.

Thanks for this post.

In the last pic, it clearly shows that the shopowner was trying to block MB from leaving the store. He was trying to hold the door shut so MB could not open it. That is why MB shoved him out of the way. A lot of posters continuously say that MB was walking out, and then he just turned around just for the heck of it and just because he felt like it, and shoved the shopowner. And then this is used to explain why they think MB did the exact same thing to OW.

As you can see from the pic and the videotape, MB pushes the shopowner as a result of the shopowner trying to block him from leaving the store. MB then pushes the shopowner out of the way.

I am just stating this because I feel that many posters are distorting what the videotape shows. Again, it is usually made to sound like the shopowner was just standing there, and MB suddenly just turns around and decides to assault him.

The shopowner was trying to use his body to keep MB from leaving the store.

I feel very bad for what the shopowner went through. But let's look at this objectively, folks. If a group of young men come in to rob my store, I am not, as the shopowner, going to put my body in front of the door they are using to get out of the store. That is just asking to get shoved out of the way at best, and at worst to get shot and killed. If he was trying to keep the door shut so MB could not leave, what did he think was going to happen? He was a small guy and he was trying to take on 3 men all by himself.

I imagine this will get responses such as "oh so now you're blaming the shopowner?"

But I am not falling for that. Any person with common sense knows what to expect if they try to use their body to keep a thief from leaving the building. I feel sympathy for the shopowner, however I am also looking at this objectively, and I am not distorting the facts to make fit it into my narrative that MB is a monster. He had just stolen something, and then the shopowner himself decided to jump in front of him and hold the door closed so he couldn't get out. Was this a wise move?

It was NOT that MB was going out, and then just decided to for the fun of it turn around and shove the man.

JMO.

BBM

Ok I'll respond with good grief.

I can't recall posters 'distorting' MBs actions :dunno: and your characterization doesn't make sense to me.

I said the other day the argument could be made that the shove could be excused as "it was a reaction, maybe he didn't realize how much force he put into the shove." But how then does one rationalize what happened next? Shoving the guy wasn't enough apparently, b/c instead of just leaving, he turns back and threatens the guy with a "step back old man," move, which on a certain level I find more disturbing and damning then the shove. It shows to me, how arrogant, and thuggish he was when he committed this crime.

Given that, I don't find it hard to believe he maintained that mind set when confronted by OW. JMO

Eta: here's the link if you need to see it again.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5ad_1408126794

Does anyone know if business owners have the same rights as homeowners to protect themselves and their property? No need to go out and find links, a simple yes or no with a brief synopsis of the law will suffice. TIA

I think it's pretty clear that aa9511 is not victim blaming. Police themselves would NEVER recommend a store owner attempting to take on a thief, particularly one twice his size. The recommended course of action is to let the perp go, make sure you have a good description of him, call police or store security, and let THEM deal with it. Store owners are rarely successful, and often injured/killed, when they attempt to stop robbers.

bbm That is what happened and we are here.

RSBM

The bracelet was photographed at the scene on the ground next to OW police car.
6be2edb025f8a7ab6a85fb96a68d8220.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/michael-brown-ferguson-shooting/

All posts are MOO

The bracelet was photographed at the scene next on the ground next to OW police car.
I deleted the picture I had and don't have the link. Brb.

All posts are MOO

Y'all have some eagle eyes! I can't see the bracelet/non-bracelet in the pic at all! If anyone has a few moments and is willing, could you circle it for me? Sorry!!!

I'd appreciate you not attributing things to me that I have not once said. I have never said MB got what he asked for.

The statement was "you ALL" which means it was directed generally at OW supporters. At least one of whom I can certainly recall saying something to the tune of "MB got what he asked for."

The statement was "you ALL" which means it was directed generally at OW supporters. At least one of whom I can certainly recall saying something to the tune of "MB got what he asked for."

Welp, hopefully I'm not also thought to be in the "OW supporters" generalization. Because I'm not. That type of thinking ("us vs. them") is what causes issues. I'd like to just know what happened.

Everything I personally have posted has been speculation and theorization as to what may have happened, when, and what caused it. JMO.

Y'all have some eagle eyes! I can't see the bracelet/non-bracelet in the pic at all! If anyone has a few moments and is willing, could you circle it for me? Sorry!!!
a1a3979d3de79b8ce0077420ca81b0f3.jpg

297e9bf7299976a02b162d25ef9fa6d0.jpg

All posts are MOO

THANK YOU! What do you all theorize is the significance? Does it show that DJ may have been involved in the scuffle? That's what I gather of it.

Not wise at all, but I can't fault the shop owner. I have no idea where he is from and how he is used to handling issues. Maybe he wanted to just slow him down and make sure he had him on tape? Yep he could have lost his life over the cigarillos. Just sad all around. Imo.

All posts are MOO

The shop owner is clearly saying something to him, maybe he thought he could shame MB from committing a crime? IDK. Maybe it's common sense for a shop owner to not try and intervene, but it's probably hard to not react the way he did.

Or maybe, the guy was simply sick and tired of having this happen to him?

"You all" need to get it together and quit talking negatively about each other. This is my only warning for today, so be thankful you were here to see it. Discuss the case and not each other!

P. S. Both sides of the fence have been having these issues since yesterday.

THANK YOU! What do you all theorize is the significance? Does it show that DJ may have been involved in the scuffle? That's what I gather of it.
Or it mysteriously broke/fell off on it's own.
cd25a3e4ebddc5cf138968983a51faa5.jpg

At first it looked like a bullet casing, but it's too "gold" imo.
I just noticed the blood. It's not photo shopped out in this picture like it is in most photos.
All posts are MOO

What a convenient place for a bracelet to suddenly break off and fall to the ground on its own as DJ innocently stood to the side and witnessed the event. :thinking:

The bracelet was photographed at the scene on the ground next to OW police car.
6be2edb025f8a7ab6a85fb96a68d8220.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/michael-brown-ferguson-shooting/

All posts are MOO

I thought it was interesting when one of the experts they talked to in that interview said something to the extent of "in some departments, police are trained to keep shooting up the body until they reach the head. Really? Is that true? I had always heard that shooting center mass was the most effective way to stop someone coming at you. Any "gun people" who can confirm/deny that?

DJ is looking better & better. He knows he can get away with taking the cigars yet puts them back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-wlDI6hg18 Al Sharpton Show interviews DJ

After telling AS about walking away from Ofc. Wilson, who was still in the same spot where he initially spoke to MB/DJ [i.e. OW hadn't driven away; they just walked off!!!], OW backed up/around them, putting himself in front of them again.

DJ: "Mike's hands are filled with cigarillos." "We have cigarillos in our hands." "His [MB's] hands are not free. His hands are filled."

DJ then says OW "opens his door an inch or so" and the force of that door [open 1"?] hit MB and "ricocheted back" making OW livid. OW reached through the window and grabbed MB by the neck/shirt, at which time MB, hands still full of cigarillos and DJ's too I imagine, said or motioned to DJ to "Hold these." DJ: "I grabbed them outta his hands."

Does that make DJ an accomplice to the beatdown of OW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail