MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you follow the Zimmerman trial? Obviously the female that was on the phone during the incident WAS groomed after her first day of testimony, not sure if Crump did the grooming or the DA did, but someone sure did.

You mean before she testified in the GJ room? I didn't keep up with that trial everyday but I am not surprised if a civil attorney groomed a witness for they have an ulterior motive for doing so. Imo from what I saw of that witness Crump sure didn't do a very good job. She was a horrible witness who seemed out of control to me.

I don't think a DA would do that because that would be unethical conduct that could lead to disbarment. DAs are held to a higher standard and no witness is to be groomed but told only to tell the truth and nothing more.

IMO

OK-I know I've asked this before but not sure if I ever got an answer. If the GJ returns a "no true bill" is that the end of it? Can anyone override or appeal that decision? I remember back in the JonBenet days them talking about the GJ and they failed to return an indictment, yet the investigation remains open and at some point the Ramsey's were "cleared." But I don't believe that not returning an indictment is necessarily the be all and end all like an acquittal would be. I would imagine that another GJ can be convened, or a special prosecutor can step in, etc... Also, if the GJ doesn't return an indictment, does the prosecutor have the authority to override their decision either way? i.e. if they don't indict, can he go ahead and press charges anyway and take it to trial? Or if they do indict is it automatic that it goes to trial?

I am hoping some of you legal eagles can help me sort this out, because if I was a betting person, I would lay odds that this GJ will NOT return an indictment and many will try as many other angles as possible.

Did you follow the Zimmerman trial? Obviously the female that was on the phone during the incident WAS groomed after her first day of testimony, not sure if Crump did the grooming or the DA did, but someone sure did.

Are you thinking of the actual trial and not the GJ? I know the witness you're talking about :gaah:

OK-I know I've asked this before but not sure if I ever got an answer. If the GJ returns a "no true bill" is that the end of it? Can anyone override or appeal that decision? I remember back in the JonBenet days them talking about the GJ and they failed to return an indictment, yet the investigation remains open and at some point the Ramsey's were "cleared." But I don't believe that not returning an indictment is necessarily the be all and end all like an acquittal would be. I would imagine that another GJ can be convened, or a special prosecutor can step in, etc... Also, if the GJ doesn't return an indictment, does the prosecutor have the authority to override their decision either way? i.e. if they don't indict, can he go ahead and press charges anyway and take it to trial? Or if they do indict is it automatic that it goes to trial?

I am hoping some of you legal eagles can help me sort this out, because if I was a betting person, I would lay odds that this GJ will NOT return an indictment and many will try as many other angles as possible.

I can answer one part. ....It's up to the prosecutor even if GJ indicts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[A spokesperson for ******** told Pearce that they didn't pull the campaign.

In a Facebook post, the Support Darren Wilson confirmed that their online fundraiser had ended but vowed to continue raising money for the St. Louis County cop.

According to the page's moderators, the decision to end the fundraiser was "made by those closest to Officer Darren Wilson looking out for his best interest." The group said that any donations that were already made would go directly to Wilson./QUOTE]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/31/darren-wilson-fundraiser-support_n_5745858.html

Are you thinking of the actual trial and not the GJ? I know the witness you're talking about :gaah:

Yes the actual trial, there was very obvious grooming going on.

Oh, I thought you meant Crump groomed her before she testified before the GJ. My bad.......sorry.

I do agree during the trial she was groomed by someone but she still messed up at times. I don't think she was groomed by the state though. They were having a heck of a time even getting her to answer questions. She didn't really seem to like anyone including the state. LOL!

It happens more than we may think. They are told right up front about what powers they have. It just happened when my hubby had grand jury duty. The GJ called two extra witnesses that they wanted to hear from. The GJs ask way more questions than the DA usually does. We sure did when I was on grand jury duty and I asked my hubby if they did and he said they asked many more questions than the DA did. The DA plays a much smaller role in a GJ room.

So I don't see how they could groom anyone since the DA has no clue what questions will be asked by all 12 grand juries. They don't have to do it through the jury foreman. It is a very casual setting and each person is allowed to ask as many questions as they may have of each witness.

And like I said earlier this morning when 12 people get together they can ask a whole lot of questions and believe me they do.:)

Without a doubt! Just look at us here :giggle:

Any witnesses called by us would be confessing to crimes just to get away from our barrage of questions :biggrin:

You mean before she testified in the GJ room? I didn't keep up with that trial everyday but I am not surprised if a civil attorney groomed a witness for they have an ulterior motive for doing so. Imo from what I saw of that witness Crump sure didn't do a very good job. She was a horrible witness who seemed out of control to me.

I don't think a DA would do that because that would be unethical conduct that could lead to disbarment. DAs are held to a higher standard and no witness is to be groomed but told only to tell the truth and nothing more.

IMO

Worked for DA Alex Hunter.

RIP, JonBenet

Yes, she went from calling one of the defense attorneys ''the bald guy over there'' one day to "Yes sir, no sir, thank you very much, sir" the next day.

I wonder if OW requested the donations cease.

I know if it were me, I would be embarrassed about donation pages set up on my behalf. JMO.

[A spokesperson for ******** told Pearce that they didn't pull the campaign.

In a Facebook post, the Support Darren Wilson confirmed that their online fundraiser had ended but vowed to continue raising money for the St. Louis County cop.

According to the page's moderators, the decision to end the fundraiser was "made by those closest to Officer Darren Wilson looking out for his best interest." The group said that any donations that were already made would go directly to Wilson./QUOTE]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/31/darren-wilson-fundraiser-support_n_5745858.html

I think they are working on merging the funds collected and a fund site will be available to contribute to OW again.

The young girl that started the first fund never dreamed it would gather this much money so from what I have read her family reached out to someone else who has been in charge of funds before for other police officers and the funds will be transferred out of the one she started. With as much money as it has collected they know there needs to be tax lawyers overseeing it.

I sure hope its back up and running soon. I have given to his fund already but would like to contribute again.

IMO

now if people would acknowledge that this is the reality of what cops deal with.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409706692.612562.jpg

I have the upmost respect for every police officer that risks their life EVERY damn day for a pittance.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an interesting line of theorization and thought I had not considered before. The swishers were clutched in his right hand after having swept them up and placed them in his right with his left if I recall. So he is carrying the individual packages of cigarsin right hand. Door being held open by Unidentified other customer Guy (UG)

He then shoves store owner with left.

Wonder what that does say about his preferred or dominant hand if anything.

I am ambidextrous but only in that way that I can do some things better left or right ad still others with either or equally.

I am a lefty.

I would naturally grab with my left, then, if I needed my left, would transfer said goods to my right in order to free my left.

That said, I am pretty handy with both hands, so I needn't always free my left for fine motor tasks.

I always use right-handed scissors, for instance, and can pitch a baseball with either hand. And bat.

JMO.

Don't you know she was seething every minute she was on the stand. LOL'z:boohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member