MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
head down hands up. But what is not known without knowing trajectories is was he like this:

View attachment 57101
Or was he like this:

View attachment 57102

The football reference was exactly what is was thinking when I posted earlier. The wounds are not consistent with the hands above the head at all.

Also, I find it interesting that Al Sharpton is "advertising" the class action suit for those affected by tear gas. Doesn't that serve to entice people to come out and protest so they can cash in?

Baden on MSNBC now...

Thinks head shot shows Mike Brown was falling to the ground and the shooting continued...downward projectory..

evaluation in anatomic postion hands up palms out, if running the palms would be facing backward..paraphrased..

Hoping someone puts that segement on youtube of Michael Baden explaining the bullets on msbnc. all I caught since he was talking to fast

You mean not getting to his knees?

I think you might be correct, arms raised, don't shoot I have no weapon, kind of position...

I don't know what he was intending to communicate with his arms in the air, and God help him if he was trying to communicate surrender. I don't think running at someone is the best way to show submission, and I believe that guy in the video who said he did just that - turned around, and started running at the cop. Since he had just attacked the cop a little bit ago, I think it would be impossible for a cop to determine the intent to submit with an assailant running at them with their hands raised.

Can someone post a link to the "hosted conference"?

Popsicle?

I tend to think he was charging forward, hands out in front of him in an "I'm gonna getcha" position. We see this all the time on tv.

My opinion only

The most confusing wound for me is the one mid-forearm. Consider the position of the arm running ditch arms down but most likely running with elbows bent like runners usually do.

Johnson indicated that the officer reached out the car window and pulled him in by the neck towards him. I will find the video...

Now, in line with the officer’s driver’s side door, they could see the officer’s face. They heard him say something to the effect of, “what’d you say?” At the same time, Johnson says the officer attempted to thrust his door open but the door slammed into Brown and bounced closed. Johnson says the officer, with his left hand, grabbed Brown by the neck.“I could see the muscles in his forearm,” Johnson said. “Mike was trying to get away from being choked.”

“They’re not wrestling so much as his arm went from his throat to now clenched on his shirt,” Johnson explained of the scene between Brown and the officer. “It’s like tug of war. He’s trying to pull him in. He’s pulling away, that’s when I heard, ‘I’m gonna shoot you.’”

At that moment, Johnson says he fixed his gaze on the officer to see if he was pulling a stun gun or a real gun. That’s when he saw the muzzle of the officer’s gun.

“I seen the barrel of the gun pointed at my friend,” he said. “He had it pointed at him and said ‘I’ll shoot,’ one more time.”

A second later Johnson said he heard the first shot go off.

“I seen the fire come out of the barrell,” he said. “I could see so vividly what was going on because I was so close.”

Johnson says he was within arm’s reach of both Brown and the officer. He looked over at Brown and saw blood pooling through his shirt on the right side of the body.

“The whole time [the officer] was holding my friend until the gun went off,” Johnson noted.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/eyewitness-michael-brown-fatal-shooting-missouri

I saw a video of this type of interview with the friend. If what he says is basically true, then

This is JMO but what I think may have happened is once the officer threw the door open and it hit into the 2 people then right after that the officer may have used improper techniques from that point forward because it says he grabbed at the person and a struggle ensued.

If the officer did not command him to stand back with his hands up or lay on the ground or anything like that, then when the officer grabbed at him, then the person would have no idea why he is being grabbed at and I can understand why a struggle happened.

Again JMO but what I think happened after that is the officer tried to go for his own gun and it went off and struck the person. Whether accidentally or on purpose. The friend said he saw blood after that first shot.
So if this is true, then I believe this 1st shot is where it all went wrong. Most likely all because of improper techniques of dealing with the guy.

I dont know why the officer would have been so close to the 2 people to where his door slammed into them when he opened the door but this doesnt sound like proper technique to allow to be so close as he was opening his door.
I also dont understand why the officer would have grabbed at the guy and I dont understand why the guy was shot with that 1st shot unless it was an accident as the officer tried to get his weapon out and point it at him while trying to hold him with his other hand.

It all is so confusing and this is just the friend saying a lot of this. I do think this early part of the indicent is where things went very wrong and improper techniques may have contributed. It doesnt sound like any commands of get back , lay on the ground, put your hands up, your under arrest, or anything like that was stated at first.
It sounds like just a confrontation got physical as the door was opened and officer grabbed him. According to friend of course.

This quote by Jack Handy pops into my mind:

“I think a good gift for the President would be a chocolate revolver. and since he is so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him real quick and give it to him.”

The reason this is funny, is that EVERYONE gets it - that's a darn good way to get shot. Running at someone, even with the best intentions, is not a good idea in a tense scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member